Dedicated transports and RoW FoC limitations

Guiltysparc

Do dedicated transports count towards unit type limitations imposed by rites of war? I am thinking specifically about world eaters berzerker assault not allowing more talks/flyers than infantry units. If you give the tac squads rhinos then can you take other tanks/fleets or is the RoW limit already reached?

If you look through the 7th ed rule book "Immobile" doesn't show up as a rule or sub-type of vehicle. This means that any language that talks about "Immobile Vehicles" isn't referring to a specific sub-type like "Flying Monstrous Creatures" would, but rather any Vehicle that has Immobile in its entry.

Nope read the drop pod rules.

The wording is pretty clear. 'Is counted as an immobilised vehicle'

I really can't explain it any clearer than that..but il try one last time.

Drop pod lands, cannot move and counts as if you rolled a '1' whilst moving through terrain.

The rule that does what you describe is, literally, called "Immobile". There is no cub-class of unit type called Immobile in the brb. You cannot find the rule "Immobile" in the brb. If you go through LACAL they have 2 cases of an Immobile special rule. The one for Legion and Dreadnought Drop Pods, and the one that's applied to Tarantulas, which is called "Immobile (Artillery Type)". However, in both cases they are special rules.

Now when a ROW talks about no Immobile units you either apply it as: "no units that have a form of the Immobile special rule" which would mean no pods or tarantulas

OR

You can apply it as "no units that have the Immobile special rule", in which case tarantulas would get the pass as their special rule is technically different, but pods would still be axed.

TLDR: Any "immobile" is one of two special rules made up by forgeworld, not a unit type and a similar special rule. No Immobile means no unit with an Immobile special rule.

PS: pods dont suffer the results of failed dangerous tests when they come in

It's a strange rule to have for that right of war as all it does is prevent dreadnought drop pods and tarantulas. I don't really see how either one of these benefits from the r.o.w and needs to be disallowed.

Strange forge world

No they don't take a dangerous terrain test.

Read the drop pod assault rules and tell me that it doesn't say

'It cannot move and counts in all respects as a vehicle that's suffered an immobilised result'

Take it as you like but RAI to me that says it's a vehicle that suffers an immobilised result.

Not the same as artillery

Check the word bearers tactica this has already been discussed it seems:

Flint13, on 19 Feb 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

Drop pods don't start as immobile units. They obviously have to deploy and become immobile after their deployment.

The Rite prohibits Immobile units like Tarantula batteries, it doesn't prohibit a vehicle becoming immobilized, which is why FW didn't "think" to include drop pods when they were putting those rites together.

Repeat after me. There is no such thing as an Immobile unit in the main rules; vehicles have suffered an Immobilized result or haven't

Now that we've established this for the third time we can continue.

Forgeworld made up two versions of the Immobile rule in LACAL.

Anything that references Immobile is referring to one and/or both of those rules

Tarantuals and Drop Pods are both Immobile units; they are both units with the Immobile special rule. 

Flint13, on 19 Feb 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:
Drop pods don't start as immobile units. They obviously have to deploy and become immobile after their deployment.

This is wrong. Clearly Drop Pods are Immobile units due to being a unit with the Immobile special rule. They become Immobilized after they enter play but that is due to the Immobile special rule.

This is a good discussion.

Its not. A discussion is when there's merit to both sides points and there's a good back and forth. What we have here is one side trying to explain how a rule mechanically works and the other copy pasting their previous replies

Archived