The Observer's 30k Stuff - Holguin Conversion

• 4 weeks later...

IX: Mercy

"Now I know why they kill their enemies swiftly. Now I understand why they are borne by wings of steel and fire into the crucible of war. Mercy. Not for them but us. They grant us the privilege of seeing one last glimpse of glory and perish in its holy flames. I saw naught of that. I saw utter massacre the likes of which none could commit. What I saw has deadened the Nails in my skull. What I saw was the wrath of a god manifested."

-Nebrok, Broken World Eater recovered from the rubble of Square T-22

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_020322_zpsc9u4cebc.jpg

"Men, advance!" I could hear the lourd, harsch voice before I saw them. Turquoise beams of light tore through dusty air, immolating my sergeant's torso like a candle might do to a piece of plastek. I feel a ticking in my head. The exhiliarating buzz of the Nails kicks in and I feel how all control slips away. TICKTICKTICKTICKTICK. I am a frothing madman, I know that. I have been such for almost half a century. I wonder if my brethren perceive themselves with such a distant clarity as I do when the parasite takes over.

My axe tears into one of the Blood Angels, viscera splatters across my naked face and I yowl in painful pleasure. A second of respite, I can't see anyone. The ash and dust clog my eyes. Saliva drips down my chin as a primal hunger overtakes me and pictures of skulls and thrones flash up within my head. A calling, a higher calling. My body follows, controlled by this primal lizardbrain in my skull. TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK. It hurts. They demand blood. A kill. Somewhere. KillKillKillKillKill. That word screams in my mind like a revving chainsword. KillKillKillKill. I hate it.

Something hits my knee and I am thrown to the ground. A Blood Angel stands above me.

TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK

I cry out in primeval rage as the Nails become aware of my cornered situation.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_020340_zpsnadj0fmz.jpg

I trash around in the dirt for what seems like an eternity. The Angel has shot my legs off, just below the knees. The plasma has cauterized the wounds, a long death it is then. I can't control my body. The Nails claw at my mind-meat like one of the huge Mielle-badgers from my homeworld. Through my curled up fingers I see them fighting. The Angels of Blood. Our better, more noble half, as they were called sometimes. As such they wage war. The same ferocity, the same fury. Almost volcanic in its nature, it seems to me. The Salamanders' rage is akin to the slow and boiling magma of each world's heart; slow, unrelenting and ancient. The IXth are like the eruption; a storm of hot air, molten rock and raining fire. Cataclysm incarnate. Such purity, such zeal. The Blood Angel that crippled me, a sergeant I asume, tears into our line. It's almost like a dance, like the IIIrd, but there is no arrogance in thus. It's pure martial skill paired with pride and humility. Efficience and aesthetics meshed together. As I wonder if we could have once been like them, before the grand mutilation that is, the battle ceases and, as far as I can tell, I am the only survivor.

"Brother-Sergeant Leoro, bring the prisoner to me", the voice is a cold and harsh one, "I have stabilized the wounded sufficiently.

An apothecary then.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_020224_zpsg7wljigl.jpg

I yank my head as I feel the needle push into my neck. A thick, cold and viscuous mass forces its way into my vessels. My teeth are clenched tight like a vice, my cheeks fluttering as I struggle to breathe.

"This will soothe this device in your cranium" He speaks with an impassionate voice. I am bound to a landraider with brazen chains. Even their prisoner's are fancy, I think and giggle uncontrollably. The apothecary notices and cocks his helmet.

"Oh I am sorry, was that funny?" Easily a head taller than me, well now anyways without legs, he steps closer, "Did I say something that amused you?"

His mechanic arm reaches into my half open mouth, as I fail to answer, and I whince in pain as he snaps off two of my tooths.

"Again. Did I say something funny?" If I was colourblind and unaware of my location, I might have believed him to be one of the iron tenth now.

I shake my head and spit blood.

"I am Apothecary-Secundus Amir" He pulls of his helmet, showing a hard-cut, bronzed face with dark, thick hair and amber eyes "They call me Mercy."

Now I laugh uncontrollably, at least until he snaps a finger of mine.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_020234_zpsxbae7tqm.jpg

By now I am yelling at him in pain and rage. The Nails are pleasantly dull, sedated by whatever he gave me.

"I have no information!" I cry as blood and spit froth on my lips "Kill me and be done with it!"

"I know that you dont. You are just a simple line-soldier after all" Amir's impassionate face twists in a slight sneer "And a World Eater to boot. No use in telling your ilk anythingt."

Out of instinct and defiance I rage against my chains, sluggish in mind and body.

"I will kill you. One day." He administers several vials and glues them with synthskin to a bare part of my biceps "For now, I must punish you."

He nods towards a golden cup that rests upon a makeshift pedestal. "You know what that is?"

"A fancy night-pot?" I scoff. A mistake, as I was about to realize.

His eyes dart up, while his face did not betray his mood in the slightest, I could see the insult in his stare. Silently he pressed his narthecium's drill against the top end of my spine and clenched his fist.

This time the Nails screamed even through the sedation.

TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKRATARATARATARATARTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK

As I screamed all bloody hell, I felt all sensation slip from my neck downwards. I should have passed out by now or been trapped in coma by my cataleptic knot. Whatever he was drip-feeding me, it kept me awake.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_020213_zpseamapx7g.jpg

"The grail is a symbol of duty. Just as the golden angel on my shoulder is" Amir told me, "You see, all Astartes have two duties: Serve the Emperor first and then their Father. That is what we do. That is what you failed to do."

I grunt and shiver, the pain and the roaring apparatus in my brain prevented any form of coherent tought, let alone speech.

"This is why we punish you. You dared to rebell. You forsok your holy duty and became slaves to your selfish father's whims." The apothecary took my head with one hand, almost gently, and procured a slim needle. I knew what was about to come. "You failed, but not enough with that, you fell. You fell from His grace, murdered His children and protegées. Do you know why your father could never best ours?"

I saw the needle drift closer to my tearduct, yet I could not move.

"Lord Sanguinius has purpose. He is driven by duty. Angron, mudblood of Nuceria, has none of that." His eyes flashed up slightly as the needle slid into my duct's and popped through a slim, bone wall "Angron is a beast, an animal. He is strong, true, but undisciplined, a cretine and a servant only to himself."

My eyes fell out of focus as the needle started to shred my frontal globe.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_020152_zpscg5ll7xq.jpg

He left me in a ditch with a radio-beacon. Amir wanted me to be found. I don't know how much time passed, but a squad of Iron Warriors found me.

"Oi, look! The bastard is still alive!" The astartes bends down and notices my violated eyes. I see his own eyes dart to my chestplate and he frowns, "Look, there is something written here!"

Amir must've etched something into my plate I suppose.

"Looks like Baalite..." The sergeant shouts to one of his men "Settar! Come here boy! What's this? A warning?"

The posthuman called Settar quickly scans my plate with his eyes and nods slightly. "In a way yes."

"It translates to: Judgement has come for you, may your gods give you mercy, for mine you do not wish."

I could do naught but laugh.

-----------------------------------------------

@Brother Dallo: Thanks mate! Always giving my best! :)

@The Psycho: Thanks mate, almost all is finished, just in time! Expect a huuuge post tomorrow! Breachers 4 lyfe! :D

@Luna707: Thanks man :) I promised a tutorial a while ago, that'll come in about two weeks.

@Brother Tyrax: Many thanks fellow brother of the Iron!

@Brother Pheidias: Hail to the grim baby! ;) The mars-pattern boltes are indeed awesome, there's just something about huge, belt-fed weapons....

So, after finishing one of my papers I finally had time to catch up with the ETL. All is finished and safe, pics will be following shortly as it is 5:45 right now and I haven't slept in almost two days...^^

IV: The Bannerman

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_192420_zpshh3orxis.jpg

Centurion-Heraldor Ivo, the One who Survived, 19th Company “The Felrain”

"Citizens of Larhat, hear what I have to say! As you have refused to accept our terms of peace and have denied any possibility for subjugation through civil manners, I have come to proclaim Lord Uragan's, and thus by extension Lord Perturabo's, will: No quarter shall be given! No mercy shall be shown! No prisoners shall be taken!"

-Ivo at the Siege of Larhat-Prime, T-Extermination: 19,24 Standard Terran hours

Ivo Lakhoris, son of Terra and faithful soldier of the IVth, has witnessed more in his life than most battalions have. The Destruction of Roma, the Conquest of Systema Sol, the Decimation, the Fall of the Black Judges and so much more. Always his Lord's men rallied around him, his fervent speeches and fiery temper serving as a beacon for morale and resilience. Had the office of chaplaincy been introduced earier, he would have undoubtedly become one of the vaunted, black-clad sermonists, but alas fate had another path in store. During the collossal Zone Mortalis engagement that the assault on the Black Judges was, the current Heraldor, his name now consigned to oblivion, had fallen. But instead of allowing the great banner, vowen by Olympia's greatest artists no less, to be besmirched by dust and grime, Ivo had dropped his bolter and clasped the pole tightly as he bellowed a battlecry that would echo across the legion.

"For Olympia! For the Iron Lord!"

Fighting at the front, he quickly caught his father's eye. There stood a bannerman, tearing apart the lesser enemies with a blunted chainsword and roaring courage and bravery to his men. Following the battle, he was one of the very first to be awarded his lord's chevrons for bravery in battle. Furthermore, he was granted the right to bear the Banner of the Iron Skull, a modest banner and yet telling of the efficient, brutal nature of its bearers.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_192446_zpsx9vzcojh.jpg

Displayed in this reconstructed pic-capture, we see the very chevrons awarded to Ivo. He always took great pride in them, shining and polishing the yellow marble and black onyx between battles like an artist cleans his tools. Once a Space Wolf had tried to touch them without permission, only to yowl in pain as he had his wrist broken for this insult. Also visible is his favoured tool of war, the simple chainsword. Never a great marksman, Ivo had quickly grown to love the brutish weapon as it had saved his life a dozen times against the orkoid brutes of the Neljov System.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_192433_zpslaki3tdf.jpg

The Banner of the Iron Skull. One of the first standards to bear the new legions colours and an immense honorific for any bearer, it had seen many a battle and many an enemy before it. Curious for such a relic, it had only seen two bearers: Ivo and his predecessor. As far as chronist's know, Ivo has survived the Great Siege and continued to bear his standard into war after war. It has been sighted across many planets, throughout the history of chaotic crusades, recently even resurfacing in the 13th Black Crusade, and it had always heralded a terrific force of Iron Warriors, hell-forged beasts and machinery to rival the greatest counterparts across the Imperium of Mankind.

---------------------------------

Hey folks! Here is the rest of my ETL Vow all finished up. More fluff will probably follow at some point  but I just don't have any inspiration for the squad right now, so enjoy and C&C as much as you want! :)

Hope ya like 'em!
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_192611_zpsgpbmknfn.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_192918_zpsyvytofpr.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_192808_zpsg3vkumhd.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160814_192323_zpst2nu8c2u.jpg

Awesome as always, mate. The Death Guard upgrade torsos look lovely in red, but even more appropriate in Iron Warriors colors. Perturabo's base, too , looks really good: much improved over the original one. I am curious, though, as to how you do barbed wire on your bases: do you buy a particular product, or do you make it yourself?

• 3 weeks later...

The Incident at S'karo Primus

++++++++++Files Restricted: Level Magenta.++++++++++

++++++++++Scanning...++++++++++

++++++++++Scanning...++++++++++

++++++++++Access granted: Welcome Lord-Inquisitor Valerine++++++++++

++++++++++Though for the day: Suffer not the Alien to live.++++++++++

S'karo Primus, crown jewel of the Oroda Cluster in the Halo region of the Segmentum Obscurus, was a planet of wondrous beauty. Thrice the size of Terra, it used to be covered in thick foliage and ruby seas, both complemented by slender spire-hives of unknown provenance. It is theorised that these cities were created by the former xeno-inhabitants that, according to findings, called themselves the Ka'leds(For compiled data and pict-feed, please access File Oer-288374190333390088). Why they deserted their homeplanet we do not know. There is no evidence of strife or war, quite the contrary. All findings point towards a highly civilized if militaristic culture ruling over a substantial part of the Oroda Cluster. However, according to research conducted by --REDACTED-- of the Ordo Chronos, the planet is riddled with temporal anomalies, possibly related to netheromantic destabilization in the cluster. Such anomalies are rare, especially in such masses, with these found of S'karo Primus being especially violent. Settlers report a significantly higher rate of chronic migraines with aura amongst other, more esoteric incidents. In the year 437 of the 40th Millenium, there have been sudden attacks conducted by heavily armoured Xenos(Access to File: EXTERMINATE is denied, further probing will result in death through incineration.) and as such, at the behest of --REDACTED-- a full force of the Deathwatch(Designation: Hammerfall) has been mustered by Watch Fortress--REDACTED-- of the Segmentum--REDACTED--.

This is their tale.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160828_163834_zps9h2obpmz.jpg

NAME: Al'mir

CODENAME: Iron Raven

FORMER RANK: Veteran-Sergeant of Clan Avernii

CHAPTER: Iron Hands

Broken Body built anew

Spirit lingers, torn in two

Metal fingers grip my heart so cold

-Gavin Dunne, The Miracle of Sound

Al'mir Raddost, writer of the Incident's report, has stood watch for almost two centuries after serving his chapter for nine decades. Reason for this early secondment was Al'mir's propensity for adaptability in war and his quick rise into the ranks of the Avernii. His chapter's scrolls cite him as a clear and unbending mind, excelling at guerilla-warfare and espionage. This propensity for warfare that was preferred by the sons of Corax earned him the moniker Iron Raven, but also served as one of two main alienation-drives. The other being a lack of the flesh-hate that is so iconic for the Iron Tenth. The only bionic born by Al'mir is his right arm, as tradition demands of every Iron Hand, but the rest is still the gene-forged flesh of the Homo Sapiensis Astartes. For reasons unknown, certain parts of the hypno-indoctrination have not caught on with Al'mir, resulting in him questioning much of his chapter's beliefs. Unwilling to put himself and his brethren through unnecessary strains, he asked of the Iron Council to serve with the Deathwatch permanently, to which they, perhaps reluctantly, agreed to.

Be it as it may, Al'mir's knowledge of the numerous xenomorphs has aided his comrades in battle time and time again. His headcount numbers a dozen of genestealers, three lictors and even Waaaghboss Dutragga Boomtoof amongst others. Grim will be the day the Iron Raven dies but may his pinions be wrought in ash and blood until then.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160828_163916_zpshwjurbee.jpg

NAME: Hildebrand

CODENAME: Kinslayer

FORMER RANK: Thane of Lord Harald Deathwolf

CHAPTER: Space Wolves

Ik gihorta dat seggen,
dat sih urhettun ænon muotin,
Hiltibrant enti Hadubrant untar heriun tuem.
sunufatarungo iro saro rihtun.
garutun se iro gudhamun, gurtun sih iro suert ana,
helidos, ubar hringa, do sie to dero hiltiu ritun.

-Excerpt of the Hildebrandslied, ancient Terran poetry

Hildebrand, Thane and Shieldman of Lord Deathwolf, has served for near quarter-a-century but has already estabilished quite a reputation as a tyranid-hunter. During the Invasion of Ekuron IV he slew a Wych-Malanthrope, severely weakening hive-fleet Kraken's psychic defences within the hive-city, and thus earning commendations by no one less than Chaplain Ortan Cassius, another veteran of Ekuron IV. Hildebrand is a curiosity in so far as most Wolves are seconded to the Deathwatch for penance, be it for insolence or more serious affronts. He, however, is a seasoned veteran of his chapter, bearing many accolades and even the right to wear tactical dreadnought armour. The true reasons behind his secondment is nebulous, as Hildebrand has been noted as a slayer of the felkin, the traitorious Astartes, yet not as an alien-hunter. Perhaps a ploy to widen his horizons and talents?

Be it as it may, his moniker Kinslayer sounds quite misleading. It was not awarded to him for slaying any of his brethren in colours, but for slaying his true brother Hadubrand. According to Hildebrand, he and his younger brother had ascended into the ranks of the Skywarriors together. One day, however, Hadubrand fell from the Emperor's grace and turned to the path of blood. As if fated, both battled upon the fields of Paromun III, until Hildebrand drowned his brother in the black water of the boggy deathworld. It is said that after that battle he had refused any form of accolades, instead opting for solitude in his chambers with teary eyes.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160828_164016_zpszswytn3g.jpg

NAME: Apollyion

CODENAME: Shatterhand

FORMER RANK: Devastator-Sergeant, 3rd Company

CHAPTER: Crimson Fists

"We all have reasons to hate ourselves. Mine is the incapability to fulfill my most basic duty. Killing the enemy? No dear frater. Protecting Mankind."

-Apollyion in private with Al'mir

Brother Apollyion, strong in mind and body, has been an integral part of cleansing orkoid vessels for both his chapter and the Deathwatch. Not only did he posess an uncanny ability with heavy weapons, but he also seemed to be able to predict movements and tactics of the notoriously unpredictable monsters. Depicted here, he bears his heavy bolter Adonai's Revenge, a relic of his chapter that dates back into the age of Apostasy. As befitting any son of Dorn, Apollyion is a master marksman, every single shell well spent. Equally, every single Son of Dorn is his own harshest critic. Indeed, so harsh they can be, that some chose the Deathwatch as a manner of repaying a debt or cleansing a sin from oneself. For Apollyion it is just such a matter. During the cleansing of Ubuk's Eye, a particularly nasty spacehulk, Apollyion failed to protect a child that he found in an ork's hut. The girl died through "friendly fire" as his captain would later note. The truth was much different however. In the heat of battle, Apollyion and two of his remaining brethren struggled to hold back a tide of Digganobz and Gretchins. The girl tried to alert Appolyion of an incoming gretchin, but was swiftly crushed by his fist. Realising his mistake in the very same second, he still managed to avoid certain death by punctured jugulars.

As a result, he took up the name Shatterhand, as a memory that a second of laxity led him to mistake a little, harmless girl for a gretchin.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160828_163758_zps9mow1w1l.jpg

NAME: Karmon

CODENAME: Hateful

FORMER RANK: Tactical-Sergeant, 2nd Company

CHAPTER: Scythes of the Emperor

"I don't care for glory

I don't care for honour

I care for war because

that's what I was made to do."

-Karmon's departing words

Karmon has always been a...problematic individual. Hailing from a respected, if young chapter, he had been sent to the Deathwatch as punishment for his disregard of civilian life during several deployments. Numerous picts exist that show the callous and haughty attitude Karmon holds towards ordinary men, seeing them beneath himself. In many ways his behaviour resembled more that of an Astral Claw or a Marine Malevolent. This his chaptermaster would not accept, sending him away with a warning: Should he not reevaluate his acting, then he should stay at the Watch-Fortress and not return to Sotha, there would be no place for madmen among Guillaume's sons.

After 13 years, Karmon had not changed a single bit. Indeed, he had been reprimanded by Watch-Captain Androsius on several occassions for the unneccessary revelry during the slaughtering of cultists and corrupted humans. Even Katto, member of the Charcharodon Astra, remarks the grisly nature of Karmon's behaviour and more than one serf has been seriously injured by him. Yet still, for all his misgivings, the "Hateful" Karmon has proven as a worthy member of the Deathwatch, earning his moniker while slaughtering orks with a ferocity seldomly seen in Guillaume's sons.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/20160828_163945_zps0n1dzsp2.jpg

NAME: Leoric

CODENAME: Slayer of Nightmares

FORMER RANK: Sword-Brother

CHAPTER: Black Templars

"War will weather our bodies brothers!

Shields will falter and many must fall!

Yet we shall stand!

We shall prevail!"

-Leoric, personal battlecry

Leoric was a bulwark of a man. Big, broad and with a face like carved granite, he was the genetic paragon of Dorn's blood. He had many a function within the Watch-Fortress. His prowess with the blade made him an excellent teacher and his skill with his voice made him the bedrock of every assault. His unfaltering voice has roared across many a battlefield and many a xenos has been torn apart by this zealot's weapons. Indeed, Leoric has served as a Kill-Team Leader for nearly forty years and would be a potential candidate for the role of Watch-Captain, but his watch is nearly over and he has expressed the explicit wish to return home and wage war at the side of his brethren.

High-Marshall Kordhel himself has sent numerous letters and tales of Leoric's qualities, praising him as one of his greatest men and wishing for him to purge the xeno filth of the galaxy along his cousins in order to teach them and in turn learn from them. Particularly impressive is the story behind his nickname. During the war of Diomedé II, the Haluschand Cult managed to summon a greater herald of the blood god. Locking blades in combat for two days and nights, the Templar was victorious, cleaving the nebulous beast apart with one swift motion, thus becoming the Slayer of Nightmares. Leoric has proven himself as a leader, fighter and friend, never once leaving someone behind or faltering in his duty. It will be a sad day he leaves the Fortress and an even sadder one when the Emperor finally claims him for himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright folks, deathwatch fever^^

@Thousand Eyes: Thanks mate! :smile.: Yeah, Perty refused windows on his flagship (Structural Integrity'n'stuff^^), so no way he is leaving house without a bucket for his noggin!

@The Psycho: Thanks a bunch mate! The DG Torsos are amazing, I have even tried them for some 40k chapters and for Alpha Legion and they work awesome, one of the best thing next to the IH MK III Squad. The wire I have bought at my local hobby store, I'll get you the name of the company as soon as I get around there again :smile.:

So what's going on right now? Well, I have taken a step away from the heresy as I wanted to do some 40k Stuff. There will be deathwatch, loads of it and )And I think you will love this The Psycho :wink: ) either Crimson Fists or Templars.

As always, C&C, paint is coming very, very soon^^

Edited by The Observer

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting... I think Al'mir is my favorite of the group, though all are attractive models nonetheless. Deathwatch is definitely a nice change of pace (though more 30th stuff would be just as cool :P)

Anyways, Crimson Fists and Templars? Neat! Though seeing you try your hand at an Iron Knight would be pretty cool too... ;)

Sooo....I have done a thing...

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/KharnTheTraitorWiP1_zpstnso9dx6.jpg

Alright, I've done two things....

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/Bloodthirster20WIP201_zps4nqwqjog.jpg

So yeah, khorne huh?^^

@The Psycho: Thanks mate, glad you like it^^Iron Knight, hmm? I'll see what I have lying around ;) More heresy stuff is coming soon, very dread focused ;)

C&C welcome as always :D

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've finally managed to paint a few things!

Never thought I would say this but...painting khornate stuff is awesome!

To be honest, Chaos has always been my favorite jam, but I just can't stand the figures. The day GW releases more kits in the DV Chosen style, is the day I will convert to the Church of the Omnissiah purely because I lack anymore organs to sell. For the time being, I think I will make some one-off World Eater figures for narrative's sake.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/DSC_0084_zpsdrck98sp.jpg

Here we have a Berzerker/Champion/Whateveryouwannacallit that I have cobbled together from stuff I had lying around. The body is a FW Kakophoni one and I can only recommend those for Chaos players as the detail is suitably baroque and ornamented, without being A.) overbearing and B.) Actually overly mutated (For those that don't like the DV aesthetics for example).

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/DSC_0066_zpsahzldsig.jpg

Ah yes, Khârn. The Man. The Myth. The Legend. A lovely model, my only nitpick is that the chains on the wrist looked ridiculous, so I snapped them off. Khârn was the first model I ever painted for Warhammer 40k and even though that was almost twelve years ago, I felt just the same when I saw this new version in my FLGS. Awe. I think it's a perfect representation of one of the most iconic characters in the setting and it managed to pull me back into a faction I thought long lost on me. Now, if a new berzerker kit hits the shelves anytime soon, expect another World Eaters Company popping up real quick!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/DSC_0088_zpsgtv8bdrc.jpg

This here started out as a tester for Space Wolves, but instead of my usual blue wash, I tried a faint, brown one and I believe I will be painting up some Charcharodons in the near future. Weird, how something as simple as a basecoat can make you decide on your next, little project.

@Krautscientist: Somehow I just knew that the last update would attract a certain someone ;) I agree with you on the shaft and have cut it down since then. I also didn't like the crooked look of it, so I straightened it out.

Enjoy and leave a comment or criticism if you like! :D

Well, I'm not sure how I entirely managed to miss an update in one of my favorite threads, especially when it involves my favorite Chaos god, but I guess I did.

Nice work on that Bloodthirster! Love the look of the chains on the model... it's just awesome. Khârn and the Bezerker look to be coming along nicely too (and that thing about a World Eaters company: I will hold you to that. :P) I absolutely cannot wait to see them all finished and painted up.

(But get back to 30k stuff, y'hear? Get back to the Heresy! :P)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! Back with some more Khornate stuff :)

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/Kharn201_zpsoviubd1o.jpg
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/Kharn202_zpstvk4tlwy.jpg
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/Kharn203_zpsgetqkjsw.jpg

Khârn was a blast to paint! If the future chaos releases include this kind of design and level of detail, I will probably end up with either four small chaos army or one huge black legion force :D I'm contemplating hitting the tassels on Khârn's helm with another blue wash and the brass on the base with another brown one though...

Anyways, for all people curious, there will be a detailed tutorial on how to paint Khornate Stuff, as well as Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and...Dusk Raiders :wink:

Also, there is something more HH related comming down the alley, take a peak!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/BA20Sergeant20WiP201_zpsokg76wqu.jpg

Yup, HH Blood Angels! As soon as I saw the actual sprues of the new Horus Heresy Box set, I knew what was going down. Mk III Blood Angely goodness, aww yiss! Anyways, there will be a bit of a mix and mash coming for the next few months as I have a Bloodthirster to finish, a knight sitting in alcohol, some Deathwatch, a bit of World Eatery stuff and some Alpha Legion.

What would you like to see first?

@The Psycho: Trust me my friend, if GW delivers then I already know my faction for the next ETL! I love the Heresy, but Chaos will always be the faction closest to my heart, especially as the first thing I ever bought to paint was the OG Khârn and some Chaos Terminators. The good ol' days :) Don't worry though, there is a ton of Horus Heresy stuff comming ;)

And with that I leave you,

C&C is, as always, welcome and appreciated!

@Krautscientist: Somehow I just knew that the last update would attract a certain someone ;)

It's like a moth to a flame, just mention the word khorne, or have khornate intentions and he's there with a bag of chips and a drink grinning like a mad man....

VI: The Oathbreaker

The world was dark to his eyes. Smoke, like tar, clung to everything around him, cloaking what had befallen this world in false mercy. His second, ethereal vision reached through the smoke and cast a crisp, blue image in his mind. Red beasts, wrought in palpable hatred, ran through the streets, torching and destroying everything in their path. Their screams were bloodcurdling. Emhok slowly rose, his knees still shaky after the sudden teleportation field that had materialized in this district of Tizca. Still weak, he pulled his sword and made his way through the streets, careful to avoid any of the intruders.

It was madness. Libraries, filled with millenia of irreplacable knowledge were being put to the fire. His twin-hearts ached as the glass domes collapsed under the tremors of bombardment. What was happening? Why had they come? What had his father done?

Emhok quickly snapped backed into reality as he felt a sharp, piercing pain in his right elbow, followed by a detonation that took his arm off. A wolf. Time slowed down and Emhok seemingly had all the time in the world to analyze the physical appereance of his adversary. His armor had the colour of cold slate, dotted with brown and silver sprinkles due to the rain of stone and shrapnell in the city. A black bear was draped around his shoulder, giving him the image of a savage Norse warrior of ancient Terra. Emhok knew the tales. The raids of Lüntesfahrne, the Dänelaw and the Vykingas; all tales of bestial humans, more predator than man. Right now, amidst the city's dying streets, these tales became very, very real.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161019_154401_zpshlhy73ji.jpg

A gust of air rose behind the wolf, billowing his red cloak as he approached Emhok in slow, lumbering steps. The Thousand Son was still weak, but in fear of his life he tried to draw upon his ephemereal powers. Slow breathing, half-meditation and focus. There it was, this familiar seething feeling behind the veil of the real, not unlike the sound boiling water makes. Emhok reached out with his mind only to feel an insane pressure within his skull. A numbness spread behind his face, like a severe migraine, and the call of the warp vanished.

This should not have happened, he thought as his eyes tore open. The wolf holstered his gun and drew a knife, his right hand was encased in a powerfist that sparked everytime he clenched his fist. His eerie green lenses remembered him of fel-fire.

"I am Hjalbrand, son of Fenris. They call me Oathbreaker, the Old Bear and Lord of the Outcast" Barely ten steps away, he stopped and spread his arms out in an all encompassing gesture "And I have come to deliver the Emperor's verdict upon you and your filthy kin."

Emhok turned to run, an unnacceptable reaction but this was an unnacceptable situation. What he saw rise from the smoke answered why he could not draw upon his powers. Two women, clean shaven and dressed in deep-bronze armors circled around him. Sisters of Silence. Pariahs.

"Why?" Emhok croaked.

"Because you disobeyed. When the Emperor forbade the use of witchery, you dared disobey his mandate. You believed yourself above his judgement, above his wisdom" Hjalbrand gestured the sisters to remain close but not to interfere "That cannot be left unpunished."

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161019_154313_zpsnieoxvif.jpg

Emhok felt the blood well up in his throat and fill his helm. Hjalbrand pulled his knife out of the Thousand Sons guts before punching it in again.

"Filthy witches" The wolf took fun in torturing his victim, he was in no hurry to continue the war "I can smell the taint in your flesh. Best wrench your progenoids out and burn them"

"H-hypocrite..." Emhok spat out weakly, blood slowly pooling in his helm.

Suddenly, Hjalbrand tore the Thousand Sons' helm off. breaking the vacume-seal permanently in the process of doing so.

"What did you say?" He whispered, turning the knife in Emhok's guts.

"Y-your own brethren use the gift of the mind" Emhok gasped "I saw them, I felt their minds pulsate in unison with mine. You broke the edict just as we did."

"So we did" Emhok could swear that there was a disgusting grin behind that faceless mark IV helm "But history will remember one of us as loyal sons and the other as filthy traitors. Or maybe they won't remember you at all."

Hjalbrand was about to scream as the powerfist struck his chest.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161019_154241_zpsifmqvmd5.jpg

Hjalbrand was punching the corpse for what felt like an eternity. Finally, snapping out of this berzerk rage, he unclasped his helm. His face was haggard, his hair long, braided and grey and his eyes were of an unnatural emerald color. The smell of ashes, the sound of a world dying was music to him. His father hated him. Most of his kin hated him.

He did not care.

He only lived for destruction.

----------------------------------------

So, finally finished that space wolf^^ Not completely happy with him, especially the base, but whatever, experiments are experiments I guess.

@Thousand Eyes: Thanks mate :smile.:

@Andvarr A: Just you wait 'til I hang out my special bait (Hint: It's the almost finished Bloodthirster) :wink:

So, someone got me another Khârn miniature and I spontaneously tried to cobble up a pre-heresy version of him as I don't really like the FW version :smile.:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161019_211704_zps8hijdc8p.jpg

Hope ya like the stuff!

have fun and C&C is welcome as always!

Edited by The Observer

"So we did" Emhok could swear that there was a disgusting grin behind that faceless mark IV helm "But history will remember one of us as loyal sons and the other as filthy traitors. Or maybe they won't remember you at all."

Wow. Just... wow. What a [sCRAPSHUNTERRORABORT].

Anyways, like how that piece of work came out, but Khârn, man. Wow. Love what you've done with him, he looks much better in my eyes than the FW original.

@The Psycho: Hehe, much fun was had while writing that! Glad you like Khârn. While I do love the sculpting on FW's version (Bar a few details), I think the pose is just abysmal.

@codyrstuart: Thanks mate :smile.: I've always liked to entertain the thought that some wolves indeed are aware of their own, internal hypocrisy.

I've been doing much parallel painting in the last few weeks and have grown increasingly frustrated as I was unable to find an Alpha Legion scheme that I liked. I don't like edge-highlighting modells, everything blue-greenish I tried looked either too turquoise or looked like a Son of Horus and just general bleh. In the end, and after 40(!!!) test figures, I have finally found my scheme today. The feeling was beyond relief.

Take a look!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161024_230911_zpsdwbuvrmn.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161024_230952_zpsn5xkeaep.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161024_230930_zpswcjvwxkg.jpg

While the figure is unfinished, the armour certainly is. I am also finishing a more lilac-indigo coloured scheme as we knwo it from teh cover of Legion and similar, just to see how it looks like. However, I believe I have found my scheme :D

In other news, bloodthirster is almost finished, Khârn is basecoated and I have a ton of truescale coming.

See ya soon!

• 1 month later...

IX: Where Angels Walk

Common men believe angels to be kind and merciful beings. Fools perpetuating ignorant lies. Angels are no creatures of light and good.

Open the ancient texts, read the tales of the Biblia and see: Rarely, if ever, did the Angels descend from heaven with peaceful intent.

Rather, they were sent as punishers. Angels were the bloody handed executioners of divine justice.

Anon

Akin to Gabriel, they were my messengers.

Akin to Israfil, they healed what was broken.

Akin to Uriel, they had spread my light.

Now I must bestow the greatest and yet darkest purpose upon them.

Akin to Michael, they must now be my sword against those that rebell.

Rise, my Angels of Blood.

Sanguinius, Lord of the Blood Angels

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161213_154252_zpsdceww7wf.jpg

Chaeopis Urtakanos, First among the Serafim, 6th Company "The Final Judgement"

Son of Terra and Sanguinius, Chaeopis is one of the oldest members of his company, if not his legion. His induction dates back to the days of the Proto-Legions and he is one of the few to still remember the IXth as the Hellriders of old. Serving at the forefront of every assault, Chaeopis would quickly garner his reputation as a ferocious and wild warrior, as was befitting a child of the Srb'an warhives. While he would never amount to great leadership due to his lack of strategical insight on a greater level, he is still a legionary-exemplar to all Blood Angels. Commended by both his company's leaders and Sanguinius himself, Chaeopis has embraced the Baalite culture with great joy and interest, immersing himself in the art and traditions of the various tribes. As a result, his armaments feature a high grade of artifice and customization, practices that are encouraged in the ninth legion.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161213_154203_zpsuvaujp2z.jpg

The difference between Terran and Baalite Blood Angels is, perhaps, exemplified by Chaeopis armour more than anything else. If one were to compare Chaeopis' plate with that of his Baalite brethren, one would quickly remark that both appear to be of a high standard and wrought with much love and care. Were one to look more closely, one would discover a few subtle, yet key differences. Chaeopis sports very few pendants and jewels upon his armor, with the most prominent being the one upon his left shoulder and the heraldic-shield upon his right one (Here absent due to incomplete pict-feed). Furthermore, most of Chaeopis' embellishment are painted upon the armor, whereas Baalite Blood Angels usually either emboss or engrave their weaponry and armory. This is a curious distinction indeed, consideringt that the most talented painters within the legion indeed appear to be sons of Terra. Who doesn't know the great works of Tabean, Illya and Marcian. On the other hand, some of the greatest masons to grace the Imperium were born of Baal. Rumor has it that several dozen of Baalite artists and even a handful of Blood Angels were pivotal in the creation of the Eikosaion, the twenty statues of the Primarchs.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161213_154232_zpsc1nui3qv.jpg

Chaeopis has been known to favor the chainblade Armillaris, a product of the ancient Terrawatt Clans of Terra. While usually eschewed by many high-ranking officers, chainweaponry has become iconic to many legions such as the Night Lords and their glaives, World Eaters and axes, and the Blood Angels and swords. Many of the Ninth are intrigued by the weapon's dichotomy of savagery and beauty. A sword is a beautiful object of power and strength, a relic of ancient cultures and a weapon that requires a wielder's undivided devotion in order to be fully mastered. Yet a chainweapon is such a brutish and visceral weapon that one cannot help oneself but ask if mankind should not replace such brutality with more sophisticated weapons for a more civilzed age?

Be it as it may, the Terrawatt Clans did not pose such questions and instead opted to forge the undoubtedly finest chainweaponry in the Imperium. The teeth are composed of secret alloys and are treated with pierozonic oils, which makes them harder than the usual adamantium and even allows for the conducting of a power-field. Indeed, most Terrawatt chainweapons are actually cleverly constructed powerweapons that utilize the high strike-frequency of chainteeth in order to maximize the destructive potential of these weapons.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161213_154140_zps7htfwq6s.jpg

Finally, the title of Serafim might demand some explanation to the uninitiated reader. The Serafim derive their name from the Seraphim of Pre-Voidfaring Terra and the nascent cults of Baal. Upon Old Terra, the Seraphim were a caste of angels directly submitted to a trifecta of deities refered to as the "Gods of Abrahamit". Constantly proclaiming the divinity of their rulers and wrought in three pairs of burning, black wings, they must've been a terrific thing to the superstitious people of Old Terra. To the people of Baal, the Seraphim was a collective of divine, winged snakes clad in ruby and onyx scales that would descend and dispense justice upon the sinners.

Analogous to the Centurio-Primus or the Legion Champion in other legions, the Serafim serves as an exemplar to his brethren in terms of ethics, artistry and devotion to the common cause. The Serafim were also tasked with hunting out the greatest champions of their enemies and slaying them in the name of the Emperor and Sanguinius. They are gloryseekers and honorbound warriors of the Imperium.

Usually, each company sports a cadre of Serafim, each assigned to the various subdivisions created by the acting Praetor. This cadre sports an inner hierarchy that is regulated through duels of honour, much like the ones fought by the World Eaters, though it is considered ill-fated and vile to slay another Serafim-Brother. Chaeopis, as the first of the Serafim, has managed to secure this position for himself since his father had been united with his sons and still shows no signs of stepping down.

-------------------------------------------

Hey folks, some more truescale! I am currently trying to figure out a truescale army for myself, as I will be making some truescale Alpha Legion and XIth legion, but those will be of a rather spare nature, and I want to make an actual Horus Heresy Truescale Army. Currently I am debating between Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Night Lords and Terran Raven Guard. I'll be painting up one of each and see where this goes :)

Hope you folks like it and some more paint (and tanks...) are comming in the next few weeks!

Hey folks :) Today I don't have a lot of time, but I quickly wanted to share with you an Alpha Legion paint-in-progress Truescale figure. The basing material is still drying up, so that I can finish it tommorrow or on friday. I discovered quite a few issues with my last alpha legion scheme. Namely that the pale blue, while being beautiful, just didn't contrast very well with green and silver, which are two colours I definitely wanted to employ while painting my AL.

Enjoy!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161214_223546_zpsnwftyqd3.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161214_223517_zpsyvwtypyv.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161214_223610_zpsvachmlbe.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161214_223459_zpsboeebp2b.jpg

I'll be toning down the green of the loincloth with a few turquoise and black washes. The chainmail will either be in silver or a deep, blackened copper. I'll also add a few more pigments, a splash of rust, a white drybrush over the muzzlefire and then finally the base. I am still undecided if I'll go either pale, off-white lunar soil with spare, dead vegetation, a more martian, orange dustbowl or a classic mud-and-grass field.

What do you guys think? :)

C&C is, as always, very welcome!

Wow I am in love with that blue! Looks absolutely amazing, lends itself very well to darkness if 30k! The truescaling is going beautifully as well, I'm especially partial to that blood angel, I saved that photo in my phone haha

@Luna707: Thanks mate, your own truescales were a major inspiration for me! :smile.: Save as much as you want, inspiration is free for all!

Anyways folks, here are two more Alpha Legion WiPs :smile.:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161215_155517_zpskhguzc1i.jpg

A heavy-weapon toting veteran. I'll remove the Eye of Horus on his chest and add some more grenades and a knife. I also have to fill in the slight gap on the heavy plasma gun, now that I am looking at the picture.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161215_155546_zps8naewmhc.jpg

A Primus Medicae with a choom blaster :biggrin.: I'll add some more pouches and vials to him, probably even a venom sphere. There'll also be a holstered combat blade on his back and a few more things, nicknacks and greebles.

Anyways, thanks for looking :smile.:

Edited by The Observer

• 3 weeks later...

IX: A War Without Honour

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170103_233309_zpshxzsihxt.jpg

"Why cousin? What sickness befell you?"

Meaningless words spoken on the throneworld of a sundered empire

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170103_233150_zps9ez5yp4m.jpg

Terra was in ruins. The sky was ablaze with fire. The discordant sounds of gunfire, melee and death were delicious, or so Khymus thought. His flayed eyes perceived the rad-posioned city around him as a caleidoscopic mix of light and radiation. The pearly orbs were infected, rejecting the xenos-derived sight-membranes for weeks, but the virulent sizzling of pain and the burgeoning sound of ichor welling up made his spine shiver.

While prowling through the ruins, Khymus caught a glimpse of himself in the shattered remains of a glass building. Where his armor was royal purple and gold once, now only grotesque pink, black and platinum remained. He remembered his once-fair face and his long, black hair that framed eyes of pale green. The thing in the glass was scarred, scalped and malformed. Milky white eyes tremored slighty in sunken, grey flesh. The brainpan was opened, protected beneath an electrolysed glass dome. The mouth was a hole ringed with ragged meat and needle teeth. Something resonated in Khymus. A longing of sorts, a bittersweet desire that tugged at his heartsrings. He enjoyed the this sensation, believing it to be melancholy.

Khymus giggled as he heard a sound in the distance. Humans.

Slaves.

Prey.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170103_233051_zpsc9jjid4f.jpg

Chaeopis had retreated into the city following an Iron Warriors' ambush. The casualties were minimal, but the Rhino that his squad had been using was left in ruins. His squad was scattered and the vox-intermissions prevented any form of tactical consolidation. In such events, one was to regroup at the closest ally-camp. That is exactly what the Blood Angel had intended to do until he had picked up the screams of what he presumed to be civilians. Chaeopis, oathed during the Grand Unification, still remembered the blood-promise to protect the people of the Imperium he had given. His boots rang like bells as he trodded through the metal and concrete debris of the city. Drawing his combi-bolter, he moved into the street where he expected the civilians to be.

Chaeopis was shocked, yet not surprised to see most of them dead. What surprised him instead, was the sight of an astartes dressed in garish colour and witha horribly disfigured face. The civilians were mostly dead and dismembered, with only a woman still alive. Her legs were torn off and the traitor still held one in his hand, while he swallowed the other with his distended maw.

Chaeopis primed his weapon and activated the plasma-mode of his weapon. The coil screamed and lit up in a glistening white-green before unleashing a bolt of sunlight. The Emperor's Child moved slightly to the side, as he regurgitated the skeletal remains of a leg, an arm and other bits and pieces of humanoid anatomy. Due to that, the bolt only incinerated his shoulder, peeling away most of the ceramite, cyber-muscles and other components, while leaving the body uninjured. Chaeopis dropped the gun, instead opting for his chainblade. Ancient Terrawatt mechanisms awakened as the circuitry-inlaid teeth roared. Before he could land a blow, the traitor's maw unfurled like a helix of flesh and unleashed a cacophony of horrendous sounds that made the Blood Angel recoil. His golden helmet was ringing like a bell and he could feel the blood pour from his nose.

Before he managed to unclasp his helmet, he saw the Emperor's Child wrench the survivors head off.

That's when the Red Thirst broke through.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170103_232908_zpstoy2mmjw.jpg

Khymus was grinning, well, he did the closest thing comparable to a grin. The woman's blood tasted tangy and salty, full of fear and despair. He twisted his wrist, making his sabre spin around as he turned to face the Blood Angel. Astartes' blood was always the tastiest treat, especially such a good draft like the sons of Sanguinius.

Khymus narrowly escaped the energized tip of the Ninth's chainsword. A Terrawatt blade then, not just a simple chainsword. It would make a nice trophy, that he was sure of. Blue and black sparks intermingled as the blades struck each other, ancient Terran and Chemosian techniques pitched in this battle. In the briefest fraction of a second, Khymus could look his foe in the eyes. He saw gleaming fangs, not unlike to those of the Space Wolves, but purer and slimmer. Above the vampiric jaws sat what really captivated Khymus. Eyes, dark like the void between the stars and surrounded by faint, black bloodvessels. The Blood Angel emanated an aura of pure rage and bloodlust, not unlike to the one he had encountered in the Twelfth, just as savage and primordial, but more focused.

Khymus was suddenly torn out of his contemplation as the Terrawatt blade bit into his sabre, sending arcs of black lightning across the polished silver. He pressed against the weapon, submitting to the lock, which would prove to be a mistake. The teeth bit through his blade, crashing into his shoulder and lopping of the right arm. In his panic, Khymus began unfurling his maw again, ready to shock his enemy again, but the Blood Angel had learned. The white fangs lunged forwards, closing around the xeno-parasitic implant and crushing it with brute force. The blood must've stung and burned in the Blood Angel's mouth, considering just how acidic it had turned after all these changes and improvements. Yet still he did not flinch. He drank deeply.

Khymus was struggling for breath, drowning on his own blood and unable to unleash his sonic weaponry. The Blood Angel was terrifying. Black-green blood streamed down his lips and his eyes remembered him of the Eighth. He broke this embrace of death by stabbing his sword upwards and twisting it to the side. Khymus, instantly dead, dropped to the ground with a wet splash, nearly bisected by the screeching weapon.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20170103_232953_zpsomg8g1ru.jpg

After evacuating the toxic blood and calming himself, Chaeopian had found a way to the closest Imperial Fists' encampment. His squadmates where there, questioning why it took him so long. He only presented them with the helm he had stolen off of Khymus' belt.

During the Siege he would often find himself looking at the dead, green lenses of the trophy and utter two words.

"Why cousin?"

-----------------------------------------------------

So, the truescale Blood Angel is finished :) Currently I am working on a few more Alpha Legion truescales, an AL spartan and a squad of regular sized Blood Angels Veterans for the Heresy. We'll see what surfaces first, but there will definitely be more paint in the enxt few weeks :)

@Doghouse: Appreciate it very much, especially commking from you. You've been a huge inspiration for all of this :)

@Olis: Thanks mate!