Redemption at All Costs - ETL V pledge.

Kobrakei

'The actions we undertake. The innocents we slay. The secrets we keep. All of these are stains and burdens upon the soul of the Chapter. That we can continue to look at our reflections is a sign of our conviction. Our conviction that after the last Fallen is flensed of his treachery and has confessed of his sin, the Dark Angels can look upon the Emperor and the Lion in the last days and speak the words that free the Unforgiven of this great shame.

'We are Redeemed'

Company Master Shohrael, Fifth Company, Dark Angels Adeptus Astartes. M41.379

2016-03-04%25252022.20.45.jpg

Ah yes. The Ultras. 

Well, I've abandoned them. I was full of great ideas for the background, and then I painted one, and just wasn't inspired at all. Bit gutted really, as the models for them are pretty ace, but that's how it goes sometimes. I have to say that I'd like to paint what I do have Heresy-wise as Emperor's Children (you can blame Kizzdougs for that!), but i really need to plan it all out, and with not many Heresy players my way I don't want to get too stuck in until I have a solid army list thought up and can afford to drop money on FW items.

Anyways...I bought loads of Dark Angels when the 2013 Codex came out, and they've been looking at me for ages. Since I painted some of them back then, I've become more confident as a painter, and felt the time was right to maybe start to bring them out of the woodwork and start to update both the older paintjobs, and to create a solid army that plays quite different to my Shrikes. Having painted quite a few Dark Angels since Codex Angels of Death came out, I know they're something I'll really enjoy working on :)

Haha, that's fine mate. If you do see some dudes in black power armour running around though, looking fallen and stuff, give us a shout. And then run away. We'll count to 5 to give you a chance msn-wink.gif

• 2 months later...

Time for this to rise from the grave. 

'Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged'
- Unknown Albian dramatuge, M2

Master Shohrael, Fifth Company, Dark Angels Adeptus Astartes.

IMG_20160509_201104.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hear me, follow Sons of the Lion, and witness my deeds! I, Brother Kobrakei, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following Tactical Squad with Grav-Cannon, Plasma Gun and Combi-Plasma, Company Master with Relic Blade and Librarian from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 680  points, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory in the name of Jonson and failure shame the Shades of Caliban and doom me to wear the title 'Oathbreaker' until the end of 0016M3.

20160518_202046.jpg

May we find redemption in all things.

(The is my first ever ETL pledge in any event. I am PUMPED!)

I knew that, I was just testing you all :P

Cheers, thought I'd keep it doable but also solid. Now all we need is a nice day when I'm not working to undercoat these suckers!

I knew that, I was just testing you all tongue.png

Cheers, thought I'd keep it doable but also solid. Now all we need is a nice day when I'm not working to undercoat these suckers!

Were it not for being at work yesterday, I would have undercoated my Sisters, but alas laugh.png

Archived