Legends of the Hunt: A VIth Legion Log

DimDim

Dude these models are exceptional.

I really really am envious of people who have the forethought to envision these types of builds before going ahead. To make the best of these models. And inject their legions style into every model.

Well done.

• 4 months later...

"I've never fought another wolf before...."

-Final vox recordings received from Line Officer Bach,

212 attack company, Sons of Horus

It was quiet, to damned quiet.

Hakon could feel the vibrations in the ground all about him, the soft hum of the rhino's engine and the rumble of armored boots all melded together into a single unified drone. He had been forced to dismount and comb the ruins on foot, the rhino's large chassis incapable of easily maneuvering through the crumpled remains of what must have surely been habitation blocks so many years ago. The Sons of Horus fire team had withdrawn from the field after receiving a hearty beating at the hands of the emperors executioners, surely seeking to reform with their other traitor brothers in hopes of creating a strong counter attack to drive the sons of Russ off world.

Hakon would not allow it.

Peering through the crashed arch ways Hakon moved tense, hand on his blades hilt in preparation of the ambush he knew was coming. They didn't make him wait long.

His enhanced senses warned him of the sudden assault. He jumped aside and, drawing his sword in a flash, deflected and annihilated the first Son of Horus with an upward strike that caught the traitor along his jawline, the blades power field easily cutting through his helm and turning the face beneath to a bloody pulp. By instinct Hakon backed away, raised his sword to an upper guard and caught the blow of another traitors combat blade. Not allowing his opponent a second chance at attack he swiftly delivered a thrust off of his parry, driving the blade through the helmet grill of his attacker. The wolf did not have time to call for aid, the three other Astartes who were concealed in the shadows threw themselves at him. Swords, axes and combat blades flashed. They were professionals. Inexperienced, but skilled professionals working as a team. They came at him together, two on the left, one on the right. Together so that one always covered the other's back. Hakon met the two on the left. On top of the euphoria of battle came something darker, something even the traitor Astartes were unprepared for. He came with fury.

Throwing himself into a high guard he easily deflected the first attackers blade, driving his pommel into his face. His helmet crest betrayed him, he was their leader.

Target confirmed Hakon side stepped and pirouetted around the second attackers blow, pushing his attack on the dazed Sons of Horus officer. Blood flew.

Spinning in place Hakon quickly met the final two astartes in a static guard. Not one he could attack from, but the only position he could take up in time to counter two consecutive blows.

Pushing under his blade Hakon drove his shoulder into the astarte on the right, taking him to the ground in a lighting fast move. He tore at the traitors helm, finally removing it from his face and drove downward with all his might not once but again and again with his armoured fists. To his credit the traitor fought back until his life drained from him, even managing to stick the veteran wolf in the side with his combat blade, but it mattered little. Raising from his bloody deed he turned to see the last Son standing fifteen feet from him, a bolter leveled at his chest. A shot rang out.

+

With the high of battle finally losing its grip on him, Hakon felt the pain of the combat blades blow strike through him like lighting. Looking at the bloody remains of the Sons of Horus he thanked the all father, for had Valdemar not investigated the lack of vox traffic on his end he would surely be lying among them.

+

med_gallery_82040_10175_2047.jpg

Space Wolves Veteran Sergeant

Veteran Sergeant Hakon

Assault of Anjar

med_gallery_82040_10175_27711.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_30648.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_30059.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_5749.jpg

+

Howdy lads and lasses!

Been quite awhile I must say. Unfortunately due to a rather gruesome workplace injury (ill spare you all the details) I had to spend the last few months in hospital incapable of hobbying. I think that hurt more than the injury to be completely honest. When I returned I found the etl with only a few days left and myself with none of my pledge complete. Refusing to fail you all I pushed hard and completed my tactical squad and a chappy for our glorious sub forum. Here are the results of this push (of course only some of my favourites).

Hope to get back on track now that im back,

DimDim

Okay, I've just gotta say that this guy is the best thing ever:

med_gallery_82040_10175_5749.jpg

Seriously, this thread is absolute gold, every. Single. Time. I hesitate to say this, but I actually think the stuff here is even better than your Imperial Fists (Heresy, I know. :P)

Hope you're feeling better. And give us more updates. Please.

• 3 weeks later...

Tactical Data Inload 237111-09......... Insert Identification

W*L* R***** B******** M41, Code: *******

Authorization accepted, Ad Victoriam Astarte

+

-Librarium catalog Search:

-Keyword Search:

KEYWORDS: Hunt, M31, VILegion....

5 Results..

+

Inload [History].....

Inload Valid.

+

Officially the loyalist force that would become widely known across the segmentum as the “Hunt” has no profound roots in imperial records. No musters were ever called, no great conflict ever reacted to. To the uninformed and simple minded it would appear as though the Hunt simply broke into realspace above Anjar Primaris those many centuries ago from the depths of the warp itself to wreak havoc on the lines of the traitor as a divine instrument of the Emperor's wrath. To their merit, the astartes of the Hunt left little and less to trace them by. Assaulted enemy ships were thoroughly ransacked and cleansed of life and valuadfsxxxcffs......Error...

File Corrupted...

Seek further assistance from tech adept...

Closing Inload...

med_gallery_82040_10175_15615.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_22639.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_10920.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_21553.jpg

Top left: Veteran Sergeant Joric, Top right: Veteran Ulfric

Bottom Left: Veteran, Bjorn Bottom right: Veteran Aske

Assault on Anjar

M31

Finally finished my veteran squad and a sergeant for my next tactical team. After this comes the fun stuff, the leviathan, some termies and some tanks. Literally cant wait.

My apologies for the crap photos, my camera broke and im forced to use my phone yet again.

Thanks for the support everybody, and Dallo, dont you worry. I actually finished your avatar a while ago, but found the quality to be lack luster for a chap like you, and so he is being repainted to a higher standard! (Also im building this army for a campaign with my friends based on the sector of "Anjar" and thus all other fun projects have taken the back burner due to time constraints.

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

Looking good DimDim. I like the top right guy. I like his no nonsense styling.

Regarding the Fist, I'm just happy I haven't been forgotten about. Take however much time you need to make me look pretty as one of the VIIth. :p

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Awesome 6th Legion! They've got just the right amount of feral brutality without falling into the over the top wolfyness of their current 40k incarnation.

Both the models and accompanying fiction are excellent. I particularly like the Ulric conversion and the pose on this guy:

med_gallery_82040_10175_16920.jpg

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Edited by Spaced Hulk

sml_gallery_82040_10175_9780.jpg

“Betrayal”

A single word carried on bloodied lips would set our fate, our destiny, down a dark path from which there is no return.

I have always been a warrior. My knack for finding words has never been my defining feature, and yet now I find my lungs filled with a breath of hatred I cannot help but unleash upon the hated foe.

I don't bring forgiveness, I don't bring peace. I’ll search your kingdom for as long as my body draws breath. I will find your holdfasts, I will destroy your legacies, I will burn your worlds. Every stone you have laid in foundation of your new order will be stained in the blood of the traitor. Every soul marching alongside you will feel the wrath of the forlorn son of an indebted line. Run, hide, pray.

I will cut you down.

med_gallery_82040_10175_394118.jpg

Something is coming to the Anjaran Sector

DimDim

What is the torso with the tooth necklace

The chests with the necklaces are actually from the salamanders upgrade pack. Four of the five Mk3 chests have necklaces and some fire detailing, which I removed. Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Im sure everyone has been having a great time with the Prospero set, and I am no different!

After a bit of lollygagging on the part of the staff behind the counter at my local gw I excitedly scurried back to my car and made a slightly faster than average return trip homeward (Definitely street racing) to burst opemn the box and boy does it feel so good to see a boxed game like that packed to the brim.

I immediately built the Sisters as my primary opponents in 40 and 30k love to use psychers, and quickly perused the rest of the boxed contents. While I believe Ahriman is a bang on little mini, Giegor just seemed a tad too, how can I put it lightly, "40K". As a result I scrounged him for bits, resulting in this chap:

med_gallery_82040_10175_30988.jpg

This lad will be the power armoured version of my as yet unnamed wolf lord. While I know the blade is just a standard powersword it matches up with the terminator equipped version of my praetor spot on, so it had to be used for cohesion's sake.

Oh and I got a new forgeworld order in containing some air power and a spartan. Look for more updates soon!

med_gallery_82040_10175_18719.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_63676.jpg

DimDim