Legends of the Hunt: A VIth Legion Log

DimDim

Those damned hounds just won't let up.

Quickly ducking below the fire slit from which he had been critically scanning for hostiles, Andros rapidly ejected the magazine from his tigrus boltgun and cleanly proceeded to seat a fresh one from amongst his combat webbing. Glancing from left to right he counted his remaining battle brothers, all fighting fiercely to keep the sons of Russ from encircling the XVIth legions withdrawal. Thankfully the indentured auxillia regiments of their fleet had been quick to fortify the remaining buildings of any strategic importance amongst the ruins of this sector, which now provided the descendants of Horus an ideal fighting position from which to blunt the Wolves assault. If they did not stop or at the least holdup the Wolves here, it was in all likeliness they would completely surround and destroy the remnants of his beloved company and its peers within the blasted ruins of this cursed death world.

Finally rising to his firing position again Andros found a fresh wave of astartes pushing towards his entrenched position. Leveling his boltgun, he calmly drew a bead on the lead marine and slowly applied pressure to the boltguns firing mechanism.

+

“Gunner…”

“Ready commander”

“Hostile entrenchment one hundred meters front, one round, HEAT, fire and adjust.”

“Confirmed. One round, one hundred meters front, adjusting twenty-seven/forty-two.”

“Send it.”

The armoured chassis of the vindicator shuddered with the recoil of the high caliber rounds shot, only to come to a rest upon its stabilizers a few seconds later. In response to the quake a faint pattering could be heard across the outer hull of the assault tanks front glacis. Bolt gun rounds. The ordinance fell short of the target, the now aware and panicked Sons of Horus traitors hoping to lay down some form of fire upon the assault gun before them. While the return fire was laughable at worst, at least the missed round had served to clear some of the wire defences the traitors had erected about their fortified ruin.

“Losing your touch Mikail. Adjust seven and fire for effect.”

“Confirmed, rounds out”

The proceeding shells did not miss.

med_gallery_82040_10175_21088.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_7618.jpg

@The Psycho, Correct! Ive never found the iron warriors upgrade parts very "iron warriory" and I believe in particular that specific helmet looks more viking/norse esque than, well, iron warriors.

Currently short a name for this armoured beauty. Any suggestions welcome!

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

• 5 weeks later...

-Tactical data inload 1112/33/9…

-Data received. View?

-Accepted...Tactical objective in Anjaris system…

-System strategic value?

-Minimal...Confirmed decimated at outset of rebellion…

-Trace signal source.

-Tracing...VIth Legiones Astartes vanguard fleet “The Hunt”...

-Confirmed “The Hunt”? Last reported lost in transit…

-Confirmed.

-Probability that the source is “The Hunt”.

-100%...

-Strategic value on fleet?

-Absolute.

-Confirmed...Deploying agent.

-The Emperor Protects.

med_gallery_82040_10175_147462.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_182715.jpg

Battle Brother "Pueri"

Real identity unconfirmed. Possible agent of Malcador.

Legio Unconfirmed. Speculated Legio III, Emperors Children.

Assault of Anjar

Since my force contains absolutely zero psychers and my primary opponent loves them, I figured I should finally get on the witch train and gain some extra deny dice. While im not a fan of Rune Priests, the option of having a Knight-Errant with a mastery level worked perfectly. Threw together some extra bits based on what fluff I could find (despite the lack of Mk.6 armour, not my fave) and this is the result.

The armour is a sort of grey silver, a mix of well, a grey and a silver as the one reference we have for bare unpainted astartes plate is this:

med_gallery_82040_10175_7392.jpg

And that certainly isnt a standard silver that most use. More coming soon if I survive the end of this semester.

C&C welcome,

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

• 4 weeks later...

“Wake him.”

The echo of steel rimmed boots contacting the halls reinforced floors bounced from the walls of the pavilion. A lone adept, perhaps 25 standard terran years in age, slid over the marble tiles towards the hulking silhouette across the room.

She paused briefly, before punching the code into the dimly lit control bracket.

2-117-23-909-777

A robotic voice chimed over the vox embedded above the controls.

“ Warning. Attempted awakening of combat suit 777 is two years before predicted and calculated date. Risk levels increased by 59%, confirm intentions.”

Exhaling, Tara broke the seals on the final warning locks. It was too late to turn back now.

A sudden flash of sound entered the near empty chambers of the lower decks. Fluids of numerous types began jetting their way into the silhouette by what seemed like hundreds of connections. It shuddered.

“Battle brother…”

Erik’s voice was heavy, carrying the weight of over a hundred years of service and nearly as many wars upon it. As far as Tara knew, Eric never smiled, seeming to have lost what was once the humanity within him on some distant battlefield long ago. Something was different this time, and though Tara would never have turned around to confirm her hunch she detected a hint of excitement in her old warden's tone.

“It is time to awaken. The hunt calls.”

The beast shuddered again. The hoses quit their syphoning and detached together, striking the floor in a clatter of metal and stone.

It rose.

Standing ominously still the great beast spoke,

“What stands against mankind?”

“Nothing you have faced before. Our brothers have fallen. The Luna Wolves have reared their traitorous heads against the Emperor and our Imperium. They do not and will not bleed easily.”

The beast idled.

Flexing his claws, the lenses on his enclosed helm rose to meet Eric’s.

“Blood makes us human, frail. It matters not how easily they die. If they bleed, I can cut them down.”

And so the hunt began anew.

med_gallery_82040_10175_100387.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_73819.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_152567.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_390376.jpg

Space Wolves Veteran (Interred)

Ancient Jotin

Assault of Anjar

Thanks for the read!

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU

Fate whispers to the warrior,

"You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back,

"I am the storm."

What is there to do when the lights of the heavens go out one by one?

med_gallery_82040_10175_716511.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_313354.jpg

Master Of The Hunt

Jarl of the VIth legion hunting fleet,

name records corrupted, searching for data...

Assault of Anjar

A bit of a washed out photo, but my latest addition to my wolves in the form of my Wolf Lord.

Haven't painted in a while due to school but I think he came out alright. This is the power armoured version of my praetor/jarl and a terminator equipped variation is on the way. Normally I would have started smaller but I made a new years revolution not to game with unpainted mini's so he had to get done. A little tired from an exam, so ive yet to come up with some backstory for him, though I have some ideas that ill develop on when I get around to his termie equivalent.

DimDim

Edited by DimDim

That is absolutely glorious, you are making me so tempted to go back and repaint all my helms... Lovely mix with the Geigor parts too.

Do you make your own bases, or do you buy them?

Thanks for the compliments! 

My bases are all self made, consisting of some cork tile cut into tiles, very fine sand and various space marine bits to represent the utterly shocked sons of horus unfortunate enough to have been stationed on Anjaris. The base for the lad above also contains some cut up tree (scenic) and some track from some 15mm panther tanks.

• 3 weeks later...

"Cry Havoc!, and let slip the Dogs of War!"

med_gallery_82040_10175_1503237.jpg

Terran Huscarls

Wolfguard Pack Freydis,

Personal guard to the Jarl and the Great Wolf

Assault of Anjar

med_gallery_82040_10175_202491.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_612840.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_51.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_360780.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_769879.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_293820.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_207063.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_516691.jpg

Space Wolves Veteran (Interred)

Ancient Karl

Assault of Anjar

C&C always welcome,

DimDim

• 9 months later...

PRIORITY INLOAD.

Pict feed downloading now...

Location of pict?

Anjaris system, gothic wastes.

Date Stamp?

M31.

med_gallery_82040_10175_629651.jpg

Wolf Pack Jonas

Terminator hunting team of the VIth legion hunting fleet,

Terran Veterans from initial recruit pool,

Assault of Anjar

+

Thought for the day:

+

Woe to the man who leads my flock astray, for if I am not the shepherd, I must be the wolf.

+

More pics possibly coming? Was I ded? Idk bruh.

C&C please, havent painted in a long while so excuse the awful results lol,

(Possibly interred) Veteran Brother DimDim

Edited by DimDim

Glad to see you back, the new members of the hunt are looking good, especially the purple of the lightning claws.

Just to say, the banner of the Huscarls is fantastically done and your Wolf Lord has a very powerful pose.

Those damned hounds just won't let up.

Quickly ducking below the fire slit from which he had been critically scanning for hostiles, Andros rapidly ejected the magazine from his tigrus boltgun and cleanly proceeded to seat a fresh one from amongst his combat webbing. Glancing from left to right he counted his remaining battle brothers, all fighting fiercely to keep the sons of Russ from encircling the XVIth legions withdrawal. Thankfully the indentured auxillia regiments of their fleet had been quick to fortify the remaining buildings of any strategic importance amongst the ruins of this sector, which now provided the descendants of Horus an ideal fighting position from which to blunt the Wolves assault. If they did not stop or at the least holdup the Wolves here, it was in all likeliness they would completely surround and destroy the remnants of his beloved company and its peers within the blasted ruins of this cursed death world.

Finally rising to his firing position again Andros found a fresh wave of astartes pushing towards his entrenched position. Leveling his boltgun, he calmly drew a bead on the lead marine and slowly applied pressure to the boltguns firing mechanism.

+

“Gunner…”

“Ready commander”

“Hostile entrenchment one hundred meters front, one round, HEAT, fire and adjust.”

“Confirmed. One round, one hundred meters front, adjusting twenty-seven/forty-two.”

“Send it.”

The armoured chassis of the vindicator shuddered with the recoil of the high caliber rounds shot, only to come to a rest upon its stabilizers a few seconds later. In response to the quake a faint pattering could be heard across the outer hull of the assault tanks front glacis. Bolt gun rounds. The ordinance fell short of the target, the now aware and panicked Sons of Horus traitors hoping to lay down some form of fire upon the assault gun before them. While the return fire was laughable at worst, at least the missed round had served to clear some of the wire defences the traitors had erected about their fortified ruin.

“Losing your touch Mikail. Adjust seven and fire for effect.”

“Confirmed, rounds out”

The proceeding shells did not miss.

med_gallery_82040_10175_21088.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_7618.jpg

@The Psycho, Correct! Ive never found the iron warriors upgrade parts very "iron warriory" and I believe in particular that specific helmet looks more viking/norse esque than, well, iron warriors.

Currently short a name for this armoured beauty. Any suggestions welcome!

DimDim

For names, what about:

Kára

Either "the wild, stormy one" (based on Old Norse afkárr, meaning "wild")

Róta Possibly connected to the Old Norse noun róta (meaning "sleet and storm")

Sanngriðr "Very violent, very cruel Sveið Unclear; possibly "vibration" or "noise"[32]Nafnaþulur Þögn "Silence"[33]Nafnaþulur Þrima "Fight"[34]Nafnaþulur Þrúðr "Strength"[35] or "power"[36]Grímnismál, Nafnaþulur

I use valkyrie names for my vehicles, and I figured some of these might be appropriate for your vindicator.

• 1 year later...