WIP - Salamanders Istvaan V Survivors

Carraigf

So now I've got my scheme down managed to get the base coat and airbrush highlight on my current infantry - couple of glimpses of their transports there too - pyros are having to hoof it till i can afford an armoured proteus so stuck a vigilator in with them for some scout goodness :)

Praetor & Drakes

Pyros with Vigilator

Squad 1

Squad 2

2000pt game tomorrow so wish me luck o7

Thanks Baz,

I'm reading unique as awesome msn-wink.gif

Props again to Cos for the original recipe - tweaked it a bit but the whole job is done using Vallejo Model Air which I have to say i'm really impressed with - least my airbrush seems to like having airbrush paint rather than thinned down gw fired out of it.:

Armour:

Base - Black Green

Base highlight @ 45o - Gunship Green

Layer @ 25o- Green Zinc Chromate

Layer Highlight @ 0o - Cam. Light Green 4

Sealant - Matte Varnish

Oil Wash - 50/50 Nuln Oil & Army Painter Dark Tone

Still to do the oil wash on all of them bar the Vigilator who still needs a clean up with a cotton bud.

As for the game it went amazingly well - Highlights were

Making an 11" charge with my Praetor and Drakes out of their Spartan turn 1 - destroying an entire squadron of Predators cool.png

Pyros wrecked his Scorpius after scouting forward 12" thanks to the Vigilator

Vigilator received a charge from his Contemptor and took it out with a Melta bomb - exploding it and killing two more troops in his nearby squad

First use of Volkite weaponry - when the Vigilator managed to get off a shot on over watch and killed two assaulting marines - the pyros took care of the rest with their S5 flamers

By Turn 4 it was all over - I lost 3 drakes, 5 pyros, 1 tactical squad and the Sicaran and secured the objective - 13-2 on VPs while he had nothing left on the field.

Good game and I'm getting a better grasp of the rules - shame the dice went so far against my opponent, at times it felt a bit one sided, but we did have a good laugh about it and i'm sure next game the boot will be on the other foot.

A little bit more progress today - got the two tactical squads washed with armour mix - found another patch or two of primer :(

More practice with the airbrush needed to get those angles nailed firstpass - few pics below - c&c welcome as always

2016 05 07 15.48.22 1

2016 05 07 15.48.56

2016 05 07 16.15.41

2016 05 07 15.46.32 1

2016 05 07 16.15.12

2016 05 07 15.47.09

Cheers baz - yeah came out a bit too silver some sepia should help. Going for copper on pyros and brass/gold on draked.

Still happy with him as a test piece. Going to try out another couple of flavours then see.

Archived