Carcharodons novel by Robbie McNiven

b1soul

Throwing around ideas... Those chapter dreadnoughts that previously fought in the XIX legion before their interment, how do they perceive and interact with the modern imperium when they cross paths? They must be rather upset, given they current state of the 41st millennia...

The emperor will be coming back

At some point

Even with him back they will be struggling

Dark Eldar/mechanicum will be involved in this

I suggest you read certain horus heresy books like path of heaven and the dark eldar codex

The codex notes a pact with the de and mech with the throne and if it fails which is expected soon

The throne was described as a pain engine in the hh novel

The emperor will be coming back

At some point

Even with him back they will be struggling

Dark Eldar/mechanicum will be involved in this

I suggest you read certain horus heresy books like path of heaven and the dark eldar codex

The codex notes a pact with the de and mech with the throne and if it fails which is expected soon

The throne was described as a pain engine in the hh novel

Depends - HH by BL and FW HH books has a lot of contradictory points. Add to that 'author' vision and Laurie words that HH written from the point of 'unreliable' narrator - you can't connect dots by now. It is too early to say. If you will remember the old fluff from Watson - it was retconned, but some of it surfaced in the last years (on a road to GS) with Star/Chaos Child.

Dark Eldar/mechanicum will be involved in this - Mechanicum for sure, as for the DE, that's depends on the new course the Imperium and aeldari will take.

'I suggest you read certain horus heresy books like path of heaven and the dark eldar codex'   - ahem, I read everything published to date, lol. And again it's too early to make conclusions - it's rumours by this point.

My star child Theory was based upon The Emperor being guided by his sons. That they turned for a reason. The Emperor saw that in order for humanity as a whole to overcome chaos they would first need to be poisoned by it. 

The Emperor is reborn in the Warp, he is taught (viciously) by his deamonic sons in a kinda of reverse father son role. The Emperor is guided by the spirit of Sanguinius and the other dead primarchs. Upon returning to the Imperium he comes into direct conflict with the new "Emperor" Roboute, and remaining loyalist sons and must best and regain his right to lead the Imperium.

I have no idea how the deceased or other primarchs would factor into my little "would like to see theory" but that's how I am praying things go down. 

My star child Theory was based upon The Emperor being guided by his sons. That they turned for a reason. The Emperor saw that in order for humanity as a whole to overcome chaos they would first need to be poisoned by it. 

The Emperor is reborn in the Warp, he is taught (viciously) by his deamonic sons in a kinda of reverse father son role. The Emperor is guided by the spirit of Sanguinius and the other dead primarchs. Upon returning to the Imperium he comes into direct conflict with the new "Emperor" Roboute, and remaining loyalist sons and must best and regain his right to lead the Imperium.

I have no idea how the deceased or other primarchs would factor into my little "would like to see theory" but that's how I am praying things go down. 

It has solid merits and some tidbits has already happened. But don't think that would be the case in general. Risen Primarchs - ok, but Emperor Reborn - don't think so

Rob do you think the Carcaradons will become more recognized by gw?

Are they going to be in current events in 40k at any point?

Or will they be ignored?

Have you heard anything similar about other imperial armour chapters red scorpions etc and if gw has plans to talk about other obsecure chapters more?

Rob do you think the Carcaradons will become more recognized by gw?

Are they going to be in current events in 40k at any point?

Or will they be ignored?

Have you heard anything similar about other imperial armour chapters red scorpions etc and if gw has plans to talk about other obsecure chapters more?

I think 'chapters' like Carcaradons does not have a place in new 'Imperium' of Guiiliman. They are too destructive and too 'free willed' for the Guilliman Crusade to command.

As for the models range and fame - I think GW should definitely do something official for the 'Nomad' fleet.

Don't you think so Robbie?

• 3 weeks later...

In the badab war they came in time of need and respected the inquistor present

TYBEROS kneeled before him and they offered full assistance

Inquistors are with Gulliman now

Apart from looting i do not forsee any issues given the desperation of the imperium

When the lion etc return gulliman will be more the empire builder

So i think they will become more known and intervening in serious situations

Im personally of the opinion either gw or fw more likely will release 8th ed rules for alot of these chapters

Alternative chapters are getting popular

Im also expecting sequels for the carcaradon book and robbie is probably writing one in secret now ;)

In the badab war they came in time of need and respected the inquistor present

TYBEROS kneeled before him and they offered full assistance

Inquistors are with Gulliman now

Apart from looting i do not forsee any issues given the desperation of the imperium

When the lion etc return gulliman will be more the empire builder

So i think they will become more known and intervening in serious situations

Im personally of the opinion either gw or fw more likely will release 8th ed rules for alot of these chapters

Alternative chapters are getting popular

Im also expecting sequels for the carcaradon book and robbie is probably writing one in secret now :wink:

Not in secret, lol. We already know he do that for months now :)

They don't spend much time within the actual borders of the Imperium anyways, so what happens to the polity itself is largely irrelevant to their interests. 

Totally and absolutely agree.

Can't believe the Internet ate my comment. I'll try to remember what I said:

- loved the old school feel.

- totally could have stomached an almost entirely Rannik-PoV for the novel.

- loved the odd Marine details (remembering that Marines have honking great backpacks, for example - all too often forgotten by authors!) and could have borne the story to be more "bogged down" (in my esteem: enriched) with a greater focus/centering of those details.

- especially enjoyed the difficulty introduced by High Gothic. Again, would love to see more of that sort of thing, allowing an increase in derailment of plots for plausible reasons.

- loved the Maori/Polynesian influences too. Deft touches, not at all heavy handed.

All of the above I could have *a lot* more of in my novels. Good stuff.

Can't believe the Internet ate my comment. I'll try to remember what I said:

- loved the old school feel.

- totally could have stomached an almost entirely Rannik-PoV for the novel.

- loved the odd Marine details (remembering that Marines have honking great backpacks, for example - all too often forgotten by authors!) and could have borne the story to be more "bogged down" (in my esteem: enriched) with a greater focus/centering of those details.

- especially enjoyed the difficulty introduced by High Gothic. Again, would love to see more of that sort of thing, allowing an increase in derailment of plots for plausible reasons.

- loved the Maori/Polynesian influences too. Deft touches, not at all heavy handed.

All of the above I could have *a lot* more of in my novels. Good stuff.

WOW - good points.

I can't remember if I've said this before on here or elsewhere, but it's interesting how people view the inclusion of little "detail breaks." My only two star review thus far complained there was too much focus on Space Marine kit and "how things worked."

Personally I like the details because almost all of my non-Black Library fiction growing up was historical fiction. HistFic has loads of little details and points of research, after all it's generally the little immersive pieces that make people read historical works in the first place. For example, I remember being fascinated by Bernard Cornwell's description of how a musket was loaded in the Sharpe novels (set during the Napoleonic Wars). With such a background, having little breakaway moments where I discuss, say, the pattern of bolters being used comes naturally to me. It seems some like it, and some don't.

God-Emperor preserve the haters if I ever get to do an Imperial Guard novel. I have like a 1,000 word mini-essay on a lasgun's intricacies ready to go... 

Just co author the essay with Connor MacLeod from Space Battles and then, we will exalt the biggatons in all online sci-fi debates....

wow wow wow easy here.

I can't remember if I've said this before on here or elsewhere, but it's interesting how people view the inclusion of little "detail breaks." My only two star review thus far complained there was too much focus on Space Marine kit and "how things worked."

Personally I like the details because almost all of my non-Black Library fiction growing up was historical fiction. HistFic has loads of little details and points of research, after all it's generally the little immersive pieces that make people read historical works in the first place. For example, I remember being fascinated by Bernard Cornwell's description of how a musket was loaded in the Sharpe novels (set during the Napoleonic Wars). With such a background, having little breakaway moments where I discuss, say, the pattern of bolters being used comes naturally to me. It seems some like it, and some don't.

God-Emperor preserve the haters if I ever get to do an Imperial Guard novel. I have like a 1,000 word mini-essay on a lasgun's intricacies ready to go...

If you will not 'mention' Baneblades, Shadowswords and Stormlords  - you will be critisized to death :wink: