Carcharodons novel by Robbie McNiven

b1soul

Carcharodons are descendants of Terran Raven Guard, right?

As Kelborn says, it's complicated and, alas, I can't say just yet what their full origins are.

If I might be so brash to ask, is an eventual reveal ever planned? So many of the mysteries in 40k are left unanswered, and most times it seems it is because an answer does not exist (or at the very least appears not to,) but evidently there is an answer to this particular mystery, as you have said on more than one occasion.

In any event, I look forward to reading this. I don't pick up too many BL books nowadays (though I may go out and purchase the Beast Arises series fairly soon) but this looks like it should be a fun romp with some good, desperately needed insight into the structure and character of the Space Sharks.

As Kelborn says, it's complicated and, alas, I can't say just yet what their full origins are.

If I might be so brash to ask, is an eventual reveal ever planned? So many of the mysteries in 40k are left unanswered, and most times it seems it is because an answer does not exist (or at the very least appears not to,) but evidently there is an answer to this particular mystery, as you have said on more than one occasion.

In any event, I look forward to reading this. I don't pick up too many BL books nowadays (though I may go out and purchase the Beast Arises series fairly soon) but this looks like it should be a fun romp with some good, desperately needed insight into the structure and character of the Space Sharks.

As you say, this mystery does have an answer, though it's not been decided yet whether it'll ever actually be revealed. We'll have to wait and see I'm afraid. 

Calling it now, loyal night Lords and RG :D

Calling it now, loyal night Lords and RG :biggrin.:

That would be pretty sick! :laugh.:

Possibly two bkack shield forces?

Could be, they both have the same skin and eye types or very similar, plus NLs teeth sharpening for the more fearsome look, and a mingling of the RG cultural styles on the armour.

Well, that would be the only possible and reasonable way of making their origin more complicated.

Think that terran Night Lords and Raven Guard would be a good match.

While Chaos can arrive unannounced on the unsuspecting so to can the forces of the Imperium. Only the Carcharodons are looked upon by the people they have come to save with dread and terror as well.

While Chaos can arrive unannounced on the unsuspecting so to can the forces of the Imperium. Only the Carcharodons are looked upon by the people they have come to save with dread and terror as well.

What about the Flesh Tearers, Executioners, Minotaurs...all the other chapters with the "we are savage, hear us roar" theme?

Indeed, they came along very well but I can't imagine a force of loyal NLs born on Nostramo. I assume that terran born are more connected to the Emperor, his Crusade and the idea of the Imperium.

Who says they had to be loyal to the Emperor? Loyalty in a Legion of Traitors-to-be is not the one and only route to exile. All it really takes is for someone with the authority to exile to want to do so, and there must have been many ways that could happen in a Legion led by officers that were almost as aggressively antagonistic against each other as anyone else.

I doubt they're loyalist Night Lords so much as elements of their geneseed, plundered by the Ashen Claws Blackshields (ref HH6: Retribution, The Scouring of the Nostramo Sector). My personal theory is that at some point the Ashen Claws join back up with the Nomad Predation fleet under Arkhas Fal, using Night Lords geneseed to help replenish their numbers from the havoc of the Heresy. Cut to ten millennia later of intermingling and you have a Chapter with physical characteristics of both Legions.

Is intermingling a thing generally? Only canon instance I know of is Honsou, who's the handiwork of Fabius Bile

It's possible after 10 millenia

...or some Carcharodons have NL geneseed and others have RG geneseed, no actual geneseed combo

Most of the Traitor Legion are harvesting loyalists geneseed to replenish their numbers as their own has mutated over time:

- Red Corsairs in the NL trilogy

- Alpha Legion + Emperor's Swords

- Crimson Slaughter + Dark Angels

- and so on

Edited by Kelborn