• 4 weeks later...

Wow he looks great!!!

Thanks!

He was super easy, legs from the BA tactical kit, torso and head from teh BA upgrade, arms and backpack from the BA priest.

There's also a Mephiston conversion in my plog.

That’s a simple and great idea! I think it’s the paint job, too. Just ace! Gonna have a look at Meph!

• 1 month later...

Here is another Captain Smash (he seems to be getting out a lot lately :wink: ). Just a fairly standard kitbash using SG and VV parts but I am quite pleased with how he turned out. With hindsight I think I should have chosen a head with halo to represent the Iron Halo but that is a small point. Both arms are magetised to future-proof him for 9th edition. :tongue.:

med_gallery_82363_13858_64520.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Jol,

As you may recall, one of my B&Z HQ vows was a Captain that I decided “after the fact” to make a counts-as Malakim Phoros.

He isn’t painted yet, and to be honest I wasn’t thinking of a Lamenters scheme for him, but would/could he be suitable for your request? Let me know, and I will sort it after my hols...

Get him painted in Lamenters colours and give him a neutral background for the photo. Sock's Phoros is stunning but I'd like to add something in the correct colours for completion's sake :)

Get him painted in Lamenters colours and give him a neutral background for the photo. Sock's Phoros is stunning but I'd like to add something in the correct colours for completion's sake :)

I will give it a go... glad to help out and contribute to the B&C :thumb:

Edited by Zebulon

Counts-as Malakim Phoros, in pseudo-Lamenters colours:

gallery_61569_14238_175421.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_415291.jpg

gallery_61569_14238_132111.jpg

Edit: C&C welcome. Hope it’s good enough for the purposes of the Review/Guide thread.

Any submissions that fulfill the criteria are good enough and this one does that :) What colour have you used for his armour and how did you find the freehand? (it's better than me!)

Any submissions that fulfill the criteria are good enough and this one does that :) What colour have you used for his armour and how did you find the freehand? (it's better than me!)

Thanks, Jol. I have to say I reckon Lord Caerolion’s above also looks great :)

It’s just Auric Armour Gold applied quite thinly over the black undercoat; I find these newer paints don’t have the coverage of the old ones (I used to use Burnished Gold til recently). I don’t think I am a great technical painter but I am happy enough with what I do.

I tend to draw a shape with a technical pencil, and then if it’s a small symbol (which it usually is) I draw over that outline with paint, applied using a pin. I dont know if anyone else does that, it just came to me one day. Makes life easier for freehands, for sure!

• 1 month later...