Liberalia Martiale 2016 - Liber Day

Olis

gallery_60566_6038_35100.jpg

Greetings, fellow Liberites! Again we celebrate Liberalia Martiale, for today is the 17th of March. Today we may take some time out to revisit our old IA projects and see what can be done, today we make sure that others who have provided their material - grown from their own imagination - do not go unanswered.

I would like to encourage all of the Liberites, old and new, to renew their creativity. If any of you so wish, then I would recommend going to Grand Master Belial's Brotherhood of the Angels competition thread here in the Liber and make a pledge to fulfil.

I'd also like to stand, and make a toast - which is optional to you, on the other side of that screen - to Kurgan, the Admins and the Liberites of old who have made the subforum what it is today. Mods who've served their time helping others and have long since hung up their melta have also contributed much to what we have now. You, yourselves, also deserve praise. The veterans and the newcomers alike, for sharing your minds and also helping others do the same. I have seen some truly great and characterful chapters during my stay on B&C. Long may it remain this way.

Long live the Liber and long live B&C. :wink:

Woot! Long live the Liber! Any many thanks to all who have contributed, who contribute today and who shall contribute tomorrow (and the day after, and the day after that...)! :D

Ahh the Liber, my favorite summer home.  Thanks to you lot, I spent an ETL with a Chapter other than the Templars.

....curse you all.

:teehee:

But any time I come up with an idea that will nine times out of ten end up going on my brain shelf, I can count on the Liber to indulge my flights of fancy.  And of course, there are our dedicated mods, who diligently keep morons like myself from figuratively burning this delightful forum to the proverbial ground in manic fits of gleeful nonsense.  May you be forever mindful of the lengths of our leashes.  Cheers.

:tu:

Now on to the nitty gritty.  Are this and the Brotherhood event separate endeavors?  A bit confusing when it was announced in News, only to be linked to a seemingly different yet similar project...

Now on to the nitty gritty.  Are this and the Brotherhood event separate endeavors?  A bit confusing when it was announced in News, only to be linked to a seemingly different yet similar project...

Technically they are separate ventures, however seeing as both have common interests and the original planned date of the BotA was close to the Liberalia, we decided to cooperate for our mutual benefit. Having an event run by GMB partnered to the Liberalia boosts the footprint for both. We can both rattle our cans that little bit louder with two beans in the tin. ;)

Well, mainly I wanted to know if I could use the nifty Liberalia banner instead of Dark Angel heresy as part of the same event. laugh.png

Yes, I can be that petty. I know. Shush.

If you check the N&R thread, I've posted up a ribbon Mard had requested. Would that do?

Well, mainly I wanted to know if I could use the nifty Liberalia banner instead of Dark Angel heresy as part of the same event. laugh.png

Yes, I can be that petty. I know. Shush.

If you check the N&R thread, I've posted up a ribbon Mard had requested. Would that do?

Naturally. That's what I was referring to. smile.png

And thus my sig remains free of dark angel treachery for another day laugh.png

Now if only I can think of fluff for something other than a Templar Crusade. I already asked it that counted, but kinda feel like that's a bit against the spirit of the event...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hcz7W6mvVp4/SuDfotySQaI/AAAAAAAABQk/Bdd9q8AHD0Y/s400/pooh_think.gif

-steps out of the dusty shadows of the Liber Heraldry Department- Hurrah to this fine day! Hmm, now let's see how many Chapters of mine have been left shattered on the Liber's anvil that clould be forged anew...

Oooh. Hello Decimators. devil.gif

Cambrius

*emerges from the shadows*

Long live the Liber! This blessed asylum of artistic anarchy, our beloved studio of strange where we may hammer our creations into something fit for human consumption!

Long live the Mods! Both past & present, they who so selflessly shepard us, who make sure we take our pills each day and stay on topic at all most some of the time!

Long live the Contributors! The mad geniuses who populate these halls, whose creativity births untold works both glorious and horrifying in equal measure!

Long live the Bolter & Chainsword! The beloved Battle-Barge that ferries us upon this digital ocean, our Fortress-Monastary where we may gather and enjoy the company of like-minded brothers & sisters, where we can share stories, improve our skills and build new bonds of friendship, united in our love for this bizarre, weird, wonderful hobby.

Ave Imperator!

• 2 months later...

At long last, the competition that was kicked off on Liber Day has finally come to an end. It was a glorious competition this year that saw a massive growth to surrounding forums with lots of participation in each. The event was a success and will likely be repeated in the future. Those who did not get their entries in on time are welcome to post at a later date or wait for the next year's competition. 

Feel free to post in the threads your comments, recommendations and suggestions for next year's competition or PM me.

And now for the Roll of Honor:

CODEX SPACE MARINES - Out of 10 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

1. Brother SP - Iron Heralds
  2. Empurata - Helion Legion (Sons of Guilliman)
  3. Iron Aquifer - Bellatus Cael (Sons of Possibly Dorn)
  4. Race Bannon - Red Shoulders (Sons of Corax)

BLOOD ANGELS - Out of 8 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

DARK ANGELS - Out of 6 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

SPACE WOLVES - Out of 2 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

1. Grahl Ironheart - Night Howlers

ADEPTA SORORITAS - Out of 8 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

1. Noeh - Ashen Wolves of Gersemi
  2. Servant of Dante - Order of the Glorious Reprisal
  3. Spacefrisian - Daughters of Russ

ADEPTUS MECHANICUS - Out of 4 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

1. Kelborn - Household Valcorian
  2. Tiger9Gamer - 413th Lucius Expedition Force - Thread
  3. Tyriks - Adamant Legion

ASTRA MILITARUM - Out of 6 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

CHAOS SPACE MARINES - Out of 5 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

LOST AND THE DAMNED - Out of 3 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

AGE OF DARKNESS - Out of 9 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

LIBER ASTARTES - Out of 1 Participants the following have emerged victorious! 

HUZZAH! to all emerged victorious!

Archived