Frostborn - 30K Wolves

MaveriK

Vow for the Wolves Maverik!!

About blinking time you got here, the Rout has been in nee of reinforcement here :)

I already commented on some of this stuff in the Wolves forum, but hot damn. Its good to see your stuff here too man!

Easily the best Fenryka saga, conversions and kitbashes on the BnC!

Mav is one of the premiere hobbyists from over on the wolf sub forum. Everything he puts together is usually a work of art that could in and of itself be a forgeworld special character sculpt.  

I love how folks over here are freakin out but all of us who frequent the wolf boards are like ."  Oh yea , that's incredible , but that's just Mav. That's how he gets down."  

That being said 

MORE D: !!! 

Mav is one of the premiere hobbyists from over on the wolf sub forum. Everything he puts together is usually a work of art that could in and of itself be a forgeworld special character sculpt.  

I love how folks over here are freakin out but all of us who frequent the wolf boards are like ."  Oh yea , that's incredible , but that's just Mav. That's how he gets down."  

That being said 

MORE D: !!! 

I'm used to seeing Mav's work as well, but there are some models that I think that fw and gw may just want to take notes on. The TDA wolf priest is a huge example.

These are gorgeous....

It's been a long time, good to see that you're still around, maybe not as much over at the Fang. But once a Greybeard always a Greybeard.

The 13th Company are still laying about. I just wanted to stab people in the back more XD

• 2 weeks later...

WIP

gallery_24878_5750_26541.jpg

Before...

gallery_24878_5750_23027.jpg

After...

gallery_24878_5750_18771.jpg

I'm so much happier with this version. Literally was bored last night and wanted to experiment on different looks/bits/poses. I wasn't content with the original piece, so I had him shelved. I'm also re-working my Iron Priest both on foot and on thunderwolf. I'm just waiting on bits. I'm also waiting on my wulfen bits... hopefully they come in this week so I can finish a full pack.

gallery_24878_5750_3766.jpg

.....and action! Long Fang with heavy-bolter.

gallery_24878_5750_54321.jpg

Long Fang with heavy-bolter, back shield.

gallery_24878_5750_61895.jpg

I literally just finished building this guy! please excuse the mold lines. I realized that I was lacking a Long Fang Ancient, so I decided to make one worthy of my lost company war band. At first I was half tempted to make him as something else entirely, give him a long handed thunder hammer and call him Robert Baratheon.

gallery_24878_5750_48950.jpg

OURS IS THE FURY!!! wip Long Fang Ancient. As you see his legs are made of the new Ulrik model. So I guess you can say, I've made some modifications on my own Ulrik. I'll post him once he is deemed ready and worthy...

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking! more of my stuff in my topic at the SW sub forum.

Edited by MaveriK

WIP 30K Wulfen...

gallery_24878_5750_52469.jpg

So I got some more wulfen bits in today! this is my personal homage to both the old artworks seen on the Collected Visions book and to the old metal wulfen models during the Eye of Codex supplement. I'm not a fan of the new plastic models, from the waist down its just a waste of plastic and potential. A huge disappointment and whom ever designed the models, you should be ashamed! Sadly I'm not a fan of the current wulfen plastic conversions. Using terminator legs with the new wulfen torsos doesn't look right to me. For some reason it looks just off, even if you try to add some padding... but that's just my own opinion, I've seen some people here pull it off and they have my phrase and respect.

gallery_24878_5750_34166.jpg

I literally just made him, so there is still quite a lot to clean up (mold lines) and remove (chaos icons).

gallery_24878_5750_11342.jpg

"I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice." - Wolverine

gallery_24878_5750_61242.jpg

Weapon X ?!... LMAO

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking!

• 1 year later...

gallery_24878_5750_5057.jpg

Excruciatus (Silent Judge) she has no name, only a purpose...

gallery_24878_5750_77677.jpg

To the Rout she was touched by the fire wolf who burns without being consumed. Her red ruby eyes stood out from the yellowed eyed warriors of Fenris. They stood in the shadows waiting to strike on Prospero.

gallery_24878_5750_57057.jpg

She burned 100 witches before attaining her position with null maidens of Terra. She is the executioner surrounded by murderous wolves on the doors of Tizca. Ready to burn the heretics and warlocks.

• 3 months later...

:: PIP Hvarl Red-Blade ::

gallery_24878_5750_51346.jpg

Hvarl Red-Blade, known as the Ravager and the Headsman of Koltor.

gallery_24878_5750_21084.jpg
Jarl of For - The Blood-worm's Masters. I wanted to do something different with this guy. I've seen plenty of Hvarl conversions out there but sadly in my own personal opinion none of them really highlight his fluff. I also decided to go with a more elegant axe. Nothing really fancy, big or heavy. I remember a scene in the Prospero Burns book with Casper talking to another human soldier and he was telling Casper a story about how the wolves destroyed a craftworld, even when the eldar were asking for surrender the wolves slaughtered and destroyed. So I imagined that Hvarl killed a farseer or some worthy opponent and not only took his head but also is axe for a weapon.

:: DEATHSWORN ::

gallery_24878_5750_49702.jpg

Painting in progress. This is my first custom model for my Deathsworn.

gallery_24878_5750_61533.jpg

He is a son of Morkai. Truth be told I wasn't impressed with their fluff in the Inferno Book regarding the wolf skull helms. In my honest opinion, it cheapens the already established lore of Leman Russ wearing a wolf helm and then later Ulrik The Slayer in the 40K setting. It's disappointing, which indicates to me that the individuals involved who wrote that fluff were just LAZY and unimaginative. So this model is my own middle finger to those guys. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some beautiful conversions with 3rd party wolf helms on their Deathsworn packs. But sadly and again in my own personal opinion, they all tend to just blend in with the rest of the pack, all looking similar while they should each stand out as individual characters.

-- EDIT --

More of my work and fluff in the SW forum. Thank you for looking!

Edited by MaveriK

THE GODLESS (Version II)

gallery_24878_5750_15014.jpg

Uthred The Godless
Pack Master sent to assist and watch over the Imperial Heralds on orders by the Sigillite. Uthred has a distrust towards the pious, which the XVII Legion embodied. Earning him a reputation from the Imperial Heralds and the moniker of "The Godless." Uthred making a point to enforce the Imperial Truth, even amongst the brother legions.
gallery_24878_5750_20487.jpg
They dabble in silent prayers and pay homage to the Allfather. "The God Emperor" they whisper in secret. It almost makes me laugh. He is but the Allfather to the frostborn and the only man to best the Wolf King in a real fight between two warriors. But a God King? should I hear the words spoken openly, my blade will silence them forever, for I am the sanctioned son of Russ.