++ Nemac's XVII Legion - Word Bearers++

Nemac Vradon

Looking very good to me. :D

Rule wise picking up both of the red books is a good start as they cover both the crusader rules and legion rules. 

If you really want to run a possessed Army my suggestion is too run the Last of the Serrated Sun Rite of War as it lets you take the Volbak as troops also running Zardu as you warlord would be very fitting for this type of army.

also keep up the good work there looking awesome :D 

Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

@Trydragon - Yea I'll be picking those up asap and possessed is really the way I want to go I think.

@captainblow - I will be (hopefully) getting hold of the Betrayal at Calth box set soon and a Mhara Gal possessed contemptor to ass to these guys :D

@MakoBoy88 - Thanks! I would love to have the Blade Slaves feature in my army so at some point I'll pick those up thumbsup.gif

I currently have another five Gal Vorbak on the work bench and I'll be mixing the parts up so they aren't replicas of the above.

Nemac

Hi folks,

I've been working on my first Rhino for this army and have made my first attempt at airbrushing the shadows before applying the main colour. I think it has come out ok, the update was supposed to be more detailed but I got carried away with the details :(

SAM_0577.JPG

SAM_0579.JPG

I have added green stuff parchments in several places on the model and only two squares of script. I don't want it to be too over the top with the scrolls and script but I feel it could use a little more. Any suggestions on how to make it a little 'more word bearers' would be much appreciated.

C&C welcome

Nemac

Thanks Trydragon :D, I am a bit worried about doing the demonic symbols on the model because it would be extremely difficult to cover up if it all went wrong.

Does anyone have any videos/tutorials I could look at before attempting it?

Raztalin, I look forward to it devil.gif

Ishagu, Thanks very much :)

Nemac

I could mask it off I suppose and probably put it on the black areas. At least that way if I make a mistake I can always remove it much more easily than if I painted them on the red. Aside from the demonic markings it is very close to completion now. I hope to have pictures up later today or tomorrow :)

Nemac

Hi Guys, I have completed the Word Bearers Rhino up to the point of the demonic markings as I'm going to have to really think about where I want to put them on the model. I'm pretty pleased with it as it stands. I decided to leave the headlights black as I was trying to go for the look of them being switched off and I didn't want to add too many colours to it. I used a video by GW to do the muddy tracks using Stirland Mud and a drybrush of Sylvaneth Bark which I'm fairly happy with.

SAM_0580.JPG

SAM_0581.JPG

SAM_0583.JPG

C&C welcome as always

Nemac

• 5 weeks later...

So it's been a while since I updated this thread but I won't bore you with the details. I have however been working on the Word Bearers and decided to add some battle damage to the Rhino after watching a video on YouTube that made it look extremely simple. I also finished my first Tactical Squad and am pretty pleased with how they turned out. Faces is something I have previously struggled with so any thoughts or feedback on those would be great.

Anyway...

SAM_0600.JPG

SAM_0602.JPG

SAM_0603.JPG

SAM_0605.JPG SAM_0606.JPG

SAM_0607.JPG SAM_0608.JPG

SAM_0609.JPG SAM_0611.JPG

SAM_0612.JPG SAM_0613.JPG

SAM_0614.JPG SAM_0615.JPG

I will clean the dust off them wacko.png

Also any thoughts on the chapter symbol I have painted on the one tactical would be good. I wanted something that wasn't quite so stand out as the transfers in the Calth box.

C&C welcome as always.

Nemac

Thank for the comments guys.

@Leman Russ - The red is pretty simple really, Start with an Army Painter Pure Red primer, then Khorne Red over the armour plates, Nuln Oil in the recesses for depth, highlights of Mephiston Red, thinner highlights of Evil Sunz Scarlet leaving the Mephiston Red showing towards the ends of each highlight and finally Troll Slayer Orange again leaving both previous colours showing towards the edges so its just the main pointed edges that get the final highlight. I hope that made sense. I'll endeavour to do a write up with pictures to better show what I mean.

@noigrim - Thanks I'll be sure to check that out, I have today ordered Zardu Layak and the Blade Slaves so hopefully I will have those to show soon enough.

@Marshall Loss - Thank you sir!

Nemac 

Morning Folks!

I have today completed the Rhino for the second Tactical Squad. I started this yesterday so pretty pleased with the progress I made. I'm not overly happy with the parchments as I think the bolts holding them in place are a little large as my greenstuff skills are a little lacking. Something I'll endeavour to improve upon.

Here it is!

SAM_0621.JPG

SAM_0622.JPG

SAM_0624.JPG

SAM_0625.JPG

C&C welcome as always!

Nemac

Thanks AndyNoMore. You'll hopefully enjoy my next two additions to that unit then! I used the parts from Skarr Bloodwrath that I picked up cheap at Warhammer World. I made a mold for the tabard using an Ork tabard and some Instamold. I am debating adding a cloak that I have spare from Lord Zhufor but unsure whether it would look any good. The other uses the Legs from Skarr Bloodwrath and am very pleased with the result. He looks like he's leaping after an enemy to decapitate him with his claw :)

Anywho...

The new Champion

SAM_0627.JPG

and the leaping Gal Vorbak

SAM_0629.JPG

C&C welcome

Nemac

Archived