++ Chaos forums feedback ++

Excessus

I love the Soccer Club Germany... ^^

But you point what could be the main difference between the Loyalist Forums and ours: events. We're great at ETL because we fight against other factions. But I do not feel the same energy during Call of Chaos. I don't think we like fighting alone (just have a look to the Fall of Terra thread created by Prot).

Our Brother Lord Thorn made something very interesting with "Iron Within, Iron Without" when the Iron Warriors challenged the Sons of Dorn. That may be something we can get some inspiration from. Why not contemplating the following contests:

- Black Legion vs Blood Angels;

- Night Lords vs Dark Angels;

- Thousand Sons vs Space Wolves;

- Daemons vs Grey Knights/Inquisition...

And that's just some possibilities among an infinity of possibilities granted by the lore.

Back in the days of ETL V, I proposed to Captain Semper a partnership between ETL and the Call-to-arms I manage (Gilgamesh) which is a clear opposition between the Chaos War Host and other factions (both Imperial and Xenos). The little success it has been receiving since then is clear evidence that we need a non-metaphoric opposition.

Celtic_Cauldron

Go Bayern!!

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

With ref: the layout of the Chaos forums: does it need to change? I rather like the current breakdown: there's a large, active section for discussing Chaos Space Marines, and side sections for discussing their Battle Brothers, who will often come up in the context of playing Chaos Space Marines. I can't help but feel there's a certain amount of "but the loyalists get all this" (as is usual whenever Chaos players are gathered together), which misses the point somewhat. Any changes should start with what's best for the Chaos forums and community. I think that's "learning to see Chaos as one super-faction in the same way as the Imperium or post-Ynnari Eldar". It'll help us cross-pollinate our ideas and it'll also help us build stronger lists when we get to talking tactics. To cope with the Super Friends, we must become Super Friends...

TL;DR - I like the current Chaos Space Marines/Chaos Daemons/Other Chaos Stuff. I appreciate that feels like we have less space than the loyalists, and maybe some people have to make more effort in finding the content they want, but it's better for us as a collective to see ourselves as Chaos Super Friends.

I love the Soccer Club Germany... ^^

But you point what could be the main difference between the Loyalist Forums and ours: events. We're great at ETL because we fight against other factions. But I do not feel the same energy during Call of Chaos. I don't think we like fighting alone (just have a look to the Fall of Terra thread created by Prot).

Our Brother Lord Thorn made something very interesting with "Iron Within, Iron Without" when the Iron Warriors challenged the Sons of Dorn. That may be something we can get some inspiration from. Why not contemplating the following contests:

- Black Legion vs Blood Angels;

- Night Lords vs Dark Angels;

- Thousand Sons vs Space Wolves;

- Daemons vs Grey Knights/Inquisition...

And that's just some possibilities among an infinity of possibilities granted by the lore.

Back in the days of ETL V, I proposed to Captain Semper a partnership between ETL and the Call-to-arms I manage (Gilgamesh) which is a clear opposition between the Chaos War Host and other factions (both Imperial and Xenos). The little success it has been receiving since then is clear evidence that we need a non-metaphoric opposition.

Celtic_Cauldron

Go Bayern!!

I like this, but I'm not sure how it would work out in terms of a concrete, non-metaphorical opposition - unless you're proposing B&C meetups or something, it's always going to be words on the forum for the most part.

Hey mods,

A few years back, the Dark Angels hosted a super cool event on their subforum.

See for yourself : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302600-dark-angels-feast-of-blades-x-arena-of-death/

Can we hope to see our champions fight for glory by shamelessly stealing what our fellow traitors from the first Legion did ?

Damn those DA players for such an awesome idea :D I'd be pretty keen if the chaos section dose something like this as well

I miss the old format but still enjoy the current one though a bit sad Nurgle tactics and stuff isn't more active :(

Edited by teutonicavenger

With ref: the layout of the Chaos forums: does it need to change? I rather like the current breakdown: there's a large, active section for discussing Chaos Space Marines, and side sections for discussing their Battle Brothers, who will often come up in the context of playing Chaos Space Marines. I can't help but feel there's a certain amount of "but the loyalists get all this" (as is usual whenever Chaos players are gathered together), which misses the point somewhat. Any changes should start with what's best for the Chaos forums and community. I think that's "learning to see Chaos as one super-faction in the same way as the Imperium or post-Ynnari Eldar". It'll help us cross-pollinate our ideas and it'll also help us build stronger lists when we get to talking tactics. To cope with the Super Friends, we must become Super Friends...

TL;DR - I like the current Chaos Space Marines/Chaos Daemons/Other Chaos Stuff. I appreciate that feels like we have less space than the loyalists, and maybe some people have to make more effort in finding the content they want, but it's better for us as a collective to see ourselves as Chaos Super Friends.

Well that's definitely not the case. At least not for me. I just prefer the way the forum is structured on the loyalist side.

That's probably because i specifically DON'T see ourselves as Chaos Super Friends. To be fair the forces of chaos are usually displayed as the exact opposite of that with the only exception being the Black Crusades (and some minor scenarios of course).

• 2 weeks later...

I'll say as someone who plays less common spacemarine armies on both sides (Slaanesh and white scars) I really dont want chaos to follow the split on the loyal side.

The WS forum is DEAD.

The last post was 2 months ago, and things over a year old are still on the front page of the forum.

Being in a combined forum, it feels more alive, and reading over stuff, I find interest in topics that might not be my focus, or would be buried in other sections because of where the op would be applying the info. (Talk about obliterators or the other mechanical formations by iron warrior players, for instance.)

• 4 weeks later...
Although I do see the appeal with God/Legion seperate sub forums I think we are ok how we are now. We have the community threads for specific shennanegans if people want their prefered army fix, actially that reminds me I might update the Nurgle and Tzeentch ones to include peoples army logs. If people want me to include their WIP threads for Nurgle and Tzeentch armys let me know in the Community threads.

Although I do see the appeal with God/Legion seperate sub forums I think we are ok how we are now. We have the community threads for specific shennanegans if people want their prefered army fix, actially that reminds me I might update the Nurgle and Tzeentch ones to include peoples army logs. If people want me to include their WIP threads for Nurgle and Tzeentch armys let me know in the Community threads.

Would be nice to get the legion specific threads at least pinned tho.

You have a pinned post with links to all the legion threads.

Yeah I know but it's a bit tedious to go through another thread to get to the thread you want....or even for new people to find those. It's not bad or hard to find, just not very instinctivly I feel. Not as much as just seeing them on the first glance when you go to the CSM section. ^^ 

Yeah I know but it's a bit tedious to go through another thread to get to the thread you want....or even for new people to find those. It's not bad or hard to find, just not very instinctivly I feel. Not as much as just seeing them on the first glance when you go to the CSM section. ^^
But if they pinned all nine threads then that moves you also have to scroll past more threads just to reach the ones that aren't pinned. Which means scrolling past 11(would be 12 with the current ETL thread pinned) topics just to reach whatever is latest.

So the nice, polite solution is for the threads to be put into a topic that already collates other useful threads.

The only other polite option would be for us forum members to begin bookmarking the topics we are interested in.

The mods and admins are going for the most polite and organized solution. It's really all we can ask of them.

But if they pinned all nine threads then that moves you also have to scroll past more threads just to reach the ones that aren't pinned. Which means scrolling past 11(would be 12 with the current ETL thread pinned) topics just to reach whatever is latest.

So the nice, polite solution is for the threads to be put into a topic that already collates other useful threads.

The only other polite option would be for us forum members to begin bookmarking the topics we are interested in.

The mods and admins are going for the most polite and organized solution. It's really all we can ask of them.

Just quickly post here.

By the end of the week I'm going to create one topic.  This will show the current list of names & armies in our Commuinty topics.  Pretty much if a name/army not on it, just post & ether myself or Excessus will edit the list & also get that onto the list in the community topic.  There will be a link added to the current community topics for people to find & have further discussion on there chosen Legion.

This will be pinned.

So both Thousand Sons and Death Guard are going to be completely seperate factions in 8th :D will this great news be cause for two new sub forums as both deserve it as much as any of the special chapters like the dark angels or space wolves

• 3 months later...

I would suggest having separate 'legion' forums like the loyalists as well.

It's easier to have an ongoing blog of a specific Legion within a sub forum, rather than highjacking the Legion forum topic or the greater chaos marine forum.

At the very least, Thousand Sons and Death Guard should now get their own.

Just to quickly say that the forum does have community topics.  These topic are aim for member to talk about those Legions they like.  From theme, background, modelling, gaming.  Pretty much there a great positive place.  I've listed & link the topic on here, so just find topic for your chosen legion & post away.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333166-black-crusade-traitor-legion-community/

I'll past this onto the admins.