They're really looking good, group shots always look cool but they'll only look better when finished
Thanks WarriorFish! Getting there, definitely.
Happy to report on some more progress - I've blitzed a Lightning (for my Death Guard, admittedly!) as I've had a Heresy campaign weekend with club mates this past weekend, but I've been chipping away at the Thallax since the last update, and have today built my second Thanatar!
One of the biggest changes though has been basing - which the photo below shows the start of, with lots of lovely cogs and gears! It was at this time that I did a lot of the detailing on the Thallax in the form of cables etc. - and I followed this with weathering them with a sponge. A final black wash left them looking like the below:
It was slightly heavier than anticipated, so after I'd applied Martian Ironearth to the Thallax/Ursarax bases, I actually went and re-highlighted a few parts of the models - such as the chevrons, the OSL on the weaponry weaponry, and then used Troll Slayer Orange mixed with Lahmian Medium to bring back orange to a brighter shade - without undoing the weathering or the original highlights!
I've now ordered some of the Ironcrust just for a few bigger cracks, which'll go on the below (and on the Castellax, Thanatars etc.), and I'll just tidy up around their feet and the cogs/gears with some dusting too. The following photos show the newly built Thanatar and Scoria (who has been sprayed, and is just awaiting painting!):
And a slightly closer view of the Thallax/Ursarax:
I'm replenishing my stocks of Leadbelcher spray, so the second Thanatar will have to wait slightly, but hopefully I can get it up to where the first is, and then get them both finished together quite quickly. It means that the Castellax and Homonculex (Domitar) will get my attention next!
Edited by Chaeron, 02 April 2018 - 05:00 PM.