VI legion: CryWolfs Return to The heresy/hobby

Cry Wolf

gonna have to buy a hard brush then I think cos ive been highlighting all the furs ive gone not drybrushing lol

Ye theyre all my VI will be truescales, toying with Iron warriors and Thousand sons (no sons models done yet) and they DEFINATELY wont be truescale, too much of a headache
THOUGH the new cataphractii makes everthing but the arms really simple, making legs from normal termies is very time consuming...

I have seen quite a lot of Tartaros legs used for truescale to look like mark 6.

I was wondering with a little bit of scoring, if yo could make Tartaros legs look like mark 4?

I use make-up brushes for drybrushing

Have you seen Apologist and Commisssar Molotovs threads? They use Grey Knight torsos for their marines

what forums that in, search shows me nothing sad.png

EDIT found apologists, ye ive seen them before, they look awesome

Tarterous look good, ive just checked em out on FW, but eww £38 for 5 THEN the rest of the bits!

Make up brush ey, maybe my gf can misplace one...

It's this one.

Nice work on the truescaled Marines, Cry. They look like proper badasses. I'm especially fond of the Praetor and Dreadnought.

less issues and more its just a pain in the arse in terms of time BUT massive inspiration fromt hose threads so cheers anyway!

bought 10 fenrisian wolves and stealing a makeup brush tonight so ill let you know how my drybrush attempt goes tomorrow!

It's this one.

Nice work on the truescaled Marines, Cry. They look like proper badasses. I'm especially fond of the Praetor and Dreadnought.

Cheers Psycho, theyre coming allong, going to have to go back and extra-badass them i think after seeing the really foreboding stuff on here! ESPECIALLY as half way through writing this checked your nightlords in your sig and front page the chain mailed veil on the Lord looks amazing

These are the brushes that I use, not sure if this helps, all 3 are really stiff.

Most important thing is make sure you get pretty much all the paint off that brush!! Run it across the back of your hand or a piece of tissue, until no more paint comes off, that is when the brush is ready for dry brushing!!

Good luck

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160415_210743.jpg

It's this one.

Cheers Psycho, theyre coming allong, going to have to go back and extra-badass them i think after seeing the really foreboding stuff on here! ESPECIALLY as half way through writing this checked your nightlords in your sig and front page the chain mailed veil on the Lord looks amazing

Ah, thanks mate, though I personally think that your stuff blows mine out of the water.

These are the brushes that I use, not sure if this helps, all 3 are really stiff.

Most important thing is make sure you get pretty much all the paint off that brush!! Run it across the back of your hand or a piece of tissue, until no more paint comes off, that is when the brush is ready for dry brushing!!

Good luck

Did these today! I like painting wolves, my first painted unit (to table top standard, 3 greys over the black, mouths teeth and eyes painted, just need to add an iris and fully finish the bases)

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/Cryofthewulfen_album/12992898_10153702673899755_1495579273_n.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/Cryofthewulfen_album/13046064_10153702674019755_469356497_n.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/Cryofthewulfen_album/13020149_10153702673949755_102543404_n.jpg

Ah, thanks mate, though I personally think that your stuff blows mine out of the water.

Cheers mate, but each to their own and we all see the flaws in our models and not in others, to my eyes yours look really inspired and i see the unsmooth edges on mine :p

well enough i think 

and though the bases on them arent the right bases for the army (they were test bases) Im pleased with them for how little effort they were overall may be doing an army of them.... if FW does the same usnit sizes as the Codex SW ill be having all 3 fast choices as them so 45 lol

Unless they are black wolves, possibly a lighter shade of grey on the smooth portion of the lower legs and a wee bit along the underside otherwise they look fine.

The scheme you are thinking of, you could almost get away with those bases on the wolves as they are also supposed to be on 40mm bases and these ones with a touch here and there could well look like Prospero

I'd suggest a light brown layer in there, just to make them look more alive, as wolf-models can come off slightly lifeless when only done with greys.

Unless they are black wolves, possibly a lighter shade of grey on the smooth portion of the lower legs and a wee bit along the underside otherwise they look fine.

The scheme you are thinking of, you could almost get away with those bases on the wolves as they are also supposed to be on 40mm bases and these ones with a touch here and there could well look like Prospero

I was going for black wolves BUT may try a brown wash on one to see how it changes the color as I dont want to go lighter but not happy with them atm

Got some work done on the bases

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/Cryofthewulfen_album/Glass%20Bases.jpg

And the start of some wulfen, not happy with the pose of the on all fours running one so thatll be being changed but happy with how the changes from paw-feet to marine feet went (hate the new wulfen look with a passion)

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/Cryofthewulfen_album/13020299_10153708632239755_1430019746_n.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/Cryofthewulfen_album/13059704_10153708632629755_1387747861_n.jpg

ill try a black wash first then if im not satisfied a brown wash, theyre actually Stormverimin fur so a dirty wash could work i think but black wont be damaging if im wrong

might just be having looked at it all day yesterday making the squad, ill give it another look after not looking at it over the weekend :p prob forget all about the problems im seeing in it now haha

Archived