Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear

I really don't praise this thread enough, you've done a great job injecting life into the Scars! I have to rave about how good the novels Scars and Path of Heaven are, it really is a shame there isn't much White Scarry goodness out there!

I really love the MKII aesthetic in general, and am looking forward to getting started with my own MKII's - I shall be sure to steal some of the poses (and make them more perfect!)

I'll definitely (at some point) get a Caestus on the strength of seeing yours!!

Sometimes, I'm quite proud of my painting and modeling skills, and then you go and make another unit that easily puts mine to shame. :biggrin.:

But seriously, fantastic stuff, probably my favorite Scars of any I've seen. The vets just scream bad-:censored:, and the image of them emerging from the Caestus whooping and laughing as they charge into battle is just too cool. :thumbsup:

In all fairness, it does seem that Scars and PoH have increased the number of WS armies [hopefully?]

I pretty much became a fan right after BotS...

They certainly didn't hurt!

I was looking at doing White Scars for a while, but they certainly helped cement the tone of my own story, and helped me to place them within the broader narrative of the Heresy, as before, it was a bit up in the air where the Scars were and what they were doing...

Sometimes, I'm quite proud of my painting and modeling skills, and then you go and make another unit that easily puts mine to shame. :biggrin.:

But seriously, fantastic stuff, probably my favorite Scars of any I've seen. The vets just scream bad-:censored:, and the image of them emerging from the Caestus whooping and laughing as they charge into battle is just too cool. :thumbsup:

I am humbled by your praise, and you very much hit the nail on the head with that description, was what I had in mind all along!

Khutugden looked at the chrono, noting that the pilot was cutting it very close indeed. Inside the red-lit interioer of the Assault Ram, the roar of the engines were loud enough to render unaided conversation impossible, but that was hardly an issue. His brethren knew what was expected, and idle chatter had never been something Khutugden would countenance. Suddenly the Ram shook and jumped, and the crackle of anti-air munitions added their voice to the warsong of rapidly approaching bloodshed. As the chrono-indicator rapidly dialled down, the Ram was shaken by the retros screaming into life, followed by the roar of the prow-mounted Magna-Melta. The interior lighting switched to green, and the forward hatches sprang open. Khutugden lead the charge into the wake of shrapnel from the frag assault launchers, seeing the ruined form of a heavy, tracked command vehicle ahead. A gaggle of warriors in the drab steel of the IVth. legion were moving from the wreck to intercept Khutugdens Arban, but before they managed to loosen a shot, streams of heavy bolter shells chewed through the legionnaires and the ground around them. One erupted in a cloud of superheated gas as the Jetbikers of Nakhu sped past, whooping and cheering. Khutugden joined their laughter, his Arban surging forward to bring red ruin to the remaining traitors.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u490/Revnesko/WH40K/White%20Scars/DSC02122_zpszbffod7u.jpg

So, that's my additions from Loyalty and Treachery. The new Jetbikers and additional Veterans need better pictures to do them justice, but that'll be another day, light is crap here at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome stuff mate, that caestus assault ram came out really well. Has it seen any action yet?

Yeah, I fielded it in a 1000pts Doubles game (Silly lists, don't ask :tongue.: ) and it kept the Veterans safe enough, vaped a Venator and fluffed 2 shots against Siege Tyrants and Sekhmet Terminators respectively :biggrin.:

Trying to get a game in next week, but life's a bit hectic.

Edited by Brother Pheidias

Awesome, yes my vindicator has a habit of missing at short range with the perfect shot lined up. I need to get some more games in!

It seems to be quite common with the big guns :D

Just finished Scars and started on Path of Heaven...

You aren't helping me resist a Vth Legion Detachment :tongue.:!

Come to the Scarred side, we have speed and hokey mysticism for all :p

MOOOREEEEEEEE

As you wish...

The Scion of Vharadesh was adrift, it's engines crippled, it's macro batteries disabled by the white hunter that had suddenly appeard. By rights, there weren't supposed to be any loyalist forces in the Gerantio system, but that was little consolation to Vrakhaud and the twenty-odd brethren of theWord Bearers currently barricaded with him on the bridge. Still, he was more than prepared to sell his life dearly. A flash of searing white and a deafening crack signalled the breaching of the main bulkhead. Varkhauds Auto-senses compensated for the worst, saving him from shock and disorientation, but he still let out a gasp at the sight of the figure striding through the wreckage. A giant in Terminator-armour, ivory slashed with red and edged in bronze, bearing a heavy-bladed glaive. For a moment, the intruder paused. "The sons of the Khan greet you cousins! Our vengeance will be swift and sweet. Now die!". At that, a score of topknotted warriors with drawn tulwars and axes streamed through the bulkhead, "Hai Chogoris!" being the last words Varkhaud would ever hear.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u490/Revnesko/WH40K/White%20Scars/DSC02130_zpssqair92u.jpg

Although the White Scars favoured speed and mobility in all aspects of warfare, there was nonetheless an understanding of the nescessity for adaptability in all things. Batzorig was one exponent of this thought, the Shipmaster of the Talanchin favouring terminator plate, both for him self, but also for the part of the Keshig he would often lead in boarding actions.

From the writings of Miriama Guelli, unpublished notes.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u490/Revnesko/WH40K/White%20Scars/DSC02131_zpsdwyhivft.jpg

As befits a member of the Keshig, Batzorig wears his personal heraldry prominently on his left shoulder. As is often the case, the exact meaning of the Chogorian calligraphy is obscure, and nigh unstranslatable.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u490/Revnesko/WH40K/White%20Scars/DSC02132_zps5c9yfu37.jpg

Pfft, and there's my coffee all over my computer. If I ever get my hands on another one of those Tribunes, I promise that I WILL be stealing the look of that bad-:censored: . That helmet is just BRUTAL, man.

TL;DR Great job, yet again. :biggrin.:

Excellent, excellent work.

The more I read of the V Legion, the more I like them.

I came to the AoD forum seeking some good sons of the Khan and I'm far from disappointed! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that my contribution is a part of your fruitful harvest here then :D

Pfft, and there's my coffee all over my computer. If I ever get my hands on another one of those Tribunes, I promise that I WILL be stealing the look of that bad-:censored: . That helmet is just BRUTAL, man.

TL;DR Great job, yet again. :biggrin.:

Thank you! Soon as I saw him, I knew he'd look great with a Scars Helmet crammed in there. Truth be told, I want to do one for at least 2 other legions myself as well. They'd get totally different gear though.

That helmet takes on a quite different aspect with a Terminator. Nice.

Was thinking, as you get into the Heresy, maybe the Scars should appropriate some armour from beaten enemies?

A great idea, I've already got all the heresy-marks covered, II-VI, so that could explain where they get some of them.

• 2 weeks later...