++ March of the Legions: VII Legion ++

gallery_48988_10069_1214690.png

Month 13: The VII Legion

If you missed last month's competition, and/or would like to learn the rules for this competition, please read the first post here: http://www.bolterand...gion/?p=3850046

If you dare to accept this challenge, please recite the following oath:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the VII Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to battle.

I will do so no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe.

I pledge my shield to the VII Legion.

On this matter, and by the Praetorian of Terra, I swear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Dosjetka, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the VII Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to battle.

This challenge, I cannot fail.

I, Barabbas Sogalon, accept my role in this.

Time to go yellow again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, StruManChu, accept my role in this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I've been waiting for this one...

I, Reyner, accept my role in this.

I, Horus Aximand, accept my role in this.

I pledge my shield to the VII Legion and the Shattered Legions.

I, Ezeriel, accept my role in this.

I, Slipstreams, accept my role in this.

Duty. Honour. Vigilance.

I am the Watcher on the Walls,

the Horn that wakes the Sleepers,

the Shield that guards the Realm of Men.

I am a son of Rogal Dorn.

I, the Psycho, accept my role in this.
I pledge my bolter, life, and duty to the VII Legion.
On this matter, and by my all, I swear.

We are the shield of Terra, and its battlements are to be found upon our battered bodies. It shall never fall.

Unto the End.

I'm thinking one of these two for the month. Either get my old (intended) Emperor's Champion painted up in banana clad, or wait until the 30th birthday Marine come out, convert him ever so slightly, and paint him as a Vigilator. Opinions?

http://i.imgur.com/ItA1Ksg.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/WAtxWwD.jpg

I, DimDim, accept my role in this.

I swear to lead the VII Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to battle.

I pledge my blade to the VII Legion.

Ave Imperator!

med_gallery_82040_10175_33042.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_16958.jpg

I, Aeternas, accept my role in this.

I, the Jimbo, accept my role in this.
I pledge my choom/bolter, life, and duty to the VII Legion.
On this matter, and by my all, I swear.

Even as a censured son I shall persevere

We are the shield of Terra, and its battlements are to be found upon our battered bodies. It shall never fall.

With Phosphex and Bolter we shall endure.

I'm in, I had to steal your great phrasing Psycho with a few choice changes. msn-wink.gif Mostly because if I didn't show up Slips would try to throw me out the airlock of the Phalanx... Again.....

I, Brother Pheidias, accept my role in this.

I, Bladewolf, accept my role in this.

Godfrey painfully moved  along with his new augmetic leg , encased in the same heavy armor of his mkiii plate  much like his right arm both lost on two diffrent battlefields at two different ends of the galaxy.  Though healing or not , there was work to be done. His armor hummed its power getting used to cycling through his new augmetic as well as his servo arm and mechadenrites which snaked out behind him  the tips fixed with various tools for enginework.  Today would be devoted to repairing a junter one of  the vindicators  issued to the 775th that had not been in good shape since the last campaign. The hull of the tank was stripped bare as it was to be repainted if he was capable of repairing it.   If ?   Godfrey spat on the floor of the ship  as he approached the grav suspended tank.  

" I could strip  a dune tank before I knew how to write my damned name..." 

Sneering at his own joke in the silence of his workshop , Godfrey began to make his repairs. 

tumblr_o4zrqrcRDj1tdqdkto1_540.jpg
tumblr_o4zrqrcRDj1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

Gladiatori Officium

http://i.imgur.com/x6I5gKS.jpg

Despite its preferred method of war by bolter, the 284th Storm Battalion of the VII Legion had many skilled duelists among its ranks. Master Sergeant Slade of I Grenadier was one, as was Shield-Commandant Eilings himself, but there was one who stood head and shoulders above the rest.

http://i.imgur.com/84qNm1V.jpg

Jarra was the best of us. Nominally ranked as a sergeant equivalent to those commanding the grenadier veteran squads of the line companies, in practice Jarra operated independently of any specific squad within the battalion, fulfilling a role similar to the champions of other companies within the Legion, issuing forth challenges to high ranking officers of the traitor Legions in the Shield-Commandant’s stead.

http://i.imgur.com/QZ7gXRA.jpg

Jarra was not without his flaws. No man is. In Jarra, this manifested as pride, as great as that of any Emperor’s Child. He desired glory first and foremost, contrary to the ideals of the battalion championing duty above all else. Eilings only ever tolerated him because he saw something in him. I know not what, but it must have been something.

http://i.imgur.com/203sK1x.jpg

Jarra died when the Storm Battalion died, a month before the Siege’s end, embroiled in combat against the Iron Warriors. He died an inglorious death, erased, body and soul by the blast of a Dreadhammer shell fired from a Typhon. I never liked Jarra in life, but I pitied the way he died. His vainglory was against what it means to be a soldier of the 284th, but no one deserves to die in such a way contrary to what is in their heart.

http://i.imgur.com/58nd8Dy.jpg

There is no dignity in death, but there should not be dishonor. Jarra died with dishonor, and I cannot help but wish that he had not, for his sake, and for those who we will wreak his vengeance upon.

Edited to include better pictures.

I, Nevindar, accept my role in this.

Well, :cuss.

Finished my dude for MotL:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-04-08%2000.16.54_zps9w1w9rpe.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-04-08%2000.15.06_zpsgciigrbx.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-04-08%2000.15.16_zpsgwcu3jcf.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-04-08%2000.16.36_zps1airc61z.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-04-08%2000.17.05_zpsnm6mvfzs.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a598/stampeeder/2016-04-08%2000.17.14_zpsnx8uyd0u.jpg

Sergeant Voldrus, 365th Company

A Veteran of the Imperial Fists Legion, Sergeant Voldrus was one of the few marines who were issued a suit of Cataphractii Terminator Armor when they were first being distributed amongst the Legiones Astartes. Due to his and his Squads Veterancy within the Company and, more importantly, the Legion, was given the option to upgrade to the more advanced Tartaros Pattern as they came into service. However, having grown accustomed to the inner workings of his own personal suit and its undeniably greater protection despite his reduced mobility.

Under the banner of the 265th Company, the Terminator Squads were nigh exclusively formed of former Breacher Marines who had earned the honor of wearing Terminator Armor into battle and this heavily reflected on their preferred methods of engagement which remained very much the same as when they were Breachers but now suited for much higher intensity action especially in leading ship boarding or defense actions, an area they excelled at due to the sturdiness of their Cataphractii suits.

+++

Depicted here with weapons fresh from the Legion Forges and bereft of any personal adornments as well his own personal suit of Cataphractii Terminator Armor, Sergeant Voldrus is armed with a standard-issue Combi-Flamer and a  Thunderhammer as well as a Temporary replacement helmet after his original one was severely damaged by a Krak Missile. Its purely by virtue of the suits integrity and stronger personal shield generators that his name was not added to the Temple of Oaths aboard the Phalanx.

Records state that he chose to equip himself thusly instead of his standard armament of Chain Fist and Combi-Melta (Vigil-Pattern Storm Shields having not yet entered service within the wider Legion mostly being by the 1st Company for Field Testing) due to an assault he was to lead into the tight confines of a Xenos Hive where the organic nature of their constructs would have mitigated much of the usefulness of his Chain Fist and Combi-Melta.

I, Bob Hunk, accept my role in this.

I, Elzender, accept my role in this.

I pledge my shield, my sword and my flesh to the VII Legion.

And for such enterprise, I shall pledge the first incarnation of my own avatar, Loctar Dibarion, as the first lieutenant and Master of Signals of the 81th Company. As soon as I have finished assembling him I'll upload pictures.

I, Flint13, accept my role in this.
I promise to lead the VII Legion into the zone of war and conduct them to battle.
On this matter, and by the Praetorian of Terra, I swear to fortify this position.

Archived