Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Strippling or motted effects (non air brush)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Aethyran

Aethyran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts

Hi guys 

So Im having trouble to paint my Onagers (Ad Mech Skitarii) due to the large flat areas. 

Any guides, advice and tips on strippling and motted effects for red colours?

Much appreciated,

Aethyran

ronin_cse

ronin_cse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,303 posts
  • Chapter Name: ???

I have had great results doing this using a "clear" air brush paint (such as the ghost tints from miniataire, the clear paints from tamiya, or the clear paints from forge world). Basically you basecoat white or grey, and then use either black or a darker color of your main color to create the pattern and then go over it with the clear paint however many times you want until you get the color depth you want.

Of course this applies to using an airbrush, I don't believe these types of paint work all that well being brushed on :/

Edit: I'm sure there are plenty of tutorials on youtube but there are also great ones in the Forge World model masterclass books 2 and 3

Edited by ronin_cse, 01 April 2016 - 06:47 PM.

gallery_45765_11565_21922.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users