Path of Heaven - Discussion

b1soul

Quite a long thread for a book that hasn't come out yet!

I really enjoyed Scars on the first read. Chris Wraight did an amazing job in fleshing out the legion. He also managed to carve out an interesting plot in the book and some interesting developments in the wider Horus Heresy.

However, I re-read Scars last year and I do recall that my main thought was 'wow, Chris Wraight has done an excellent job of making a legion, that is actually pretty boring, interesting. I do think that this was a large part of the punch of this book. but by no means the full story.

My concern about this new book is that the mystery of the White Scars is now out of the box and that being a bit of a free spirit that likes speed isn't that interesting. I'd love to be wrong though. For example. the Word Bearers and Space Wolves have evolved several times throughout the Heresy series and this has kept them fresh.

Whilst i'm not sure Fulgrim has much more scope for character development, i'm a little disappointed that the spoiler indicates that he won't be in it much and presumably the antagonist is a no name.

Let's see what happens though. Bloody Alpha Legion will probably show up!

being a bit of a free spirit that likes speed isn't that interesting

I think that grossly oversimplifies Wraight's portrayal of the Vth

However, I think there is truth to the fact that some readers just don't like the core themes of certain legions

I don't think the WS are inherently boring...far from it - but they just don't fit the taste of some readers

I've seen it up for preorder on Amazon, but it says the release date is 10th of November this year. the cynical side of me says we might not see it this month, but tbh Black library just said "April" so it could come out any time

There are still two saturdays left in April. Preorders will likely go up next week, when the hardcover of Throneworld releases. The ebook and audiobook should go up when preorders start anyway, so you'll likely be able to read it next weekend.

Amazon's dates refer to the large trade paperbacks. Those haven't been out strictly 3 months after the hardback for a while, and Amazon's dates are usually one or even two months after the BL/GW release.

Thank you DarkChaplain for clarifying this.

Now I know why there is a delay between those two.

Will wait until end of April. If I can order it, fine. If not, so be it. ;)

There are still two saturdays left in April. Preorders will likely go up next week, when the hardcover of Throneworld releases. The ebook and audiobook should go up when preorders start anyway, so you'll likely be able to read it next weekend.

Amazon's dates refer to the large trade paperbacks. Those haven't been out strictly 3 months after the hardback for a while, and Amazon's dates are usually one or even two months after the BL/GW release.

Exactly this. I hope that Chris Wraight's Leman Russ will have its regular hardcover release in December  for instance, even though Amazon wont have it till January.

I would say that it will almost certainly be next weekend as Primarchs Limited Edition is released on the 29th.

Oh yeah!

Think that this will be the very first BL book I'll pre-order. :D

Please no spoilers from those guys who already have it, ok? ;)

Nope - but I know someone who has ;) And where wouldn't be a duel with Morty. But don't worry - Khan will have Round 2 vs Morty at the spaceport counterattack at the Siege of Terra!

Hope the siege gets covered by Abnett, Wraight and ADB!
Hey, you read my cue card. That was my original thought! ;)

Also this is one I need to get audio on Saturday. Off to find a robbable bank:)

Archived