The Crusade to end all Crusades, ETL V

Points are based off unit cost in points also so low model count/ high point cost units (HQs for example) are gold while things like transports and such (large, low points) are generally something I would avoid (though I did a Razorback last year) just because the time investment and effort doesn't really translate well based off the points. Unless they're doing something to balance that... Which would be awesome.

While not pertinent to the ETL per se, I'm currently working on...something. ph34r.png

Andrew is true when it comes to transports, except for one. The Mac daddy transport, our heart and soul of which brings us to the front lines in style, the Land Raider Crusader. Put a 15 man crusader squad inside with a chaplain and that's 500 points right there. And you'll use it in regular games too so it's not like your doing it specifically for ETL.

Spot on TOM (see what I did there ;)) I did two LRC last year too, might be picking up another to replace my Phobios soon too since I really just don't like it. Really want to make that Phobios a Terminus Ultra too... :/ I'm still torn on wither to work on my Templars this year for ETL or throw down some Fist love and expand my Celestial Lion allies. Has the event been anounced yet? I've been digging around, but haven't seen an announcement thread yet.

Excellent. Thanks! As it so happens, I just primed a grav command bike squad and stripped my Emperor's Champion. I've also been waiting for an excuse to get Helbrecht and/or a kitted out Marshall. That should net us a pretty solid point contribution, methinks!

Although some points customization is to be expected, people are generally encouraged to paint what they want/need for their armies. The ETL is not an end in itself, it's the medium through which people will get extra motivation to complete their projects. Every point counts and every entry is welcome!

Furthermore, under the completion rate rules, it's very important to complete what you pledge - more important, one can argue, than the the pledge itself. So pledging units you really want / need for your army will add extra motivation to complete.

A completed Rhino is better than no Rhino and infinitely better than an incomplete Titan. ;)

Has the event been anounced yet? I've been digging around, but haven't seen an announcement thread yet.

Not yet. It's just that the HH and Chaos lot are getting into a slapfight over it already. Eager beavers and such. :P

Not yet. It's just that the HH and Chaos lot are getting into a slapfight over it already. Eager beavers and such. :P

I'll have you know we've been having a robust pre-event discussion to establish the lines of honour.

Dragonlover

Has the event been anounced yet? I've been digging around, but haven't seen an announcement thread yet.

Not yet. It's just that the HH and Chaos lot are getting into a slapfight over it already. Eager beavers and such. tongue.png

slapslapslapslapslapslapslap....

(now you know the sound of paddleum on tentacle)

Not yet. It's just that the HH and Chaos lot are getting into a slapfight over it already. Eager beavers and such. tongue.png

I'll have you know we've been having a robust pre-event discussion to establish the lines of honour.

Suuuure. Honour... :rolleyes:

We're having robust, er... discussions ourselves. Very robust. Plans and such. Yes. Plans. whistlingW.gif

My first ETL, I look forward to it with great anticipation. I don't find much info on how ETL's go down and such in the forum rules (unless I completely missed it), anyone have a link to the last one?

My primed playlist for the ETL:

Helbrecht with Helmet

Terminator Chapter Master convo from a Lysander model

LRC with "The Works"

... and maybe the release of recently uncovered fragment of an STC for a Storm Talon "Siege Variant"

Wish I've seen this before starting on my dread wallbash.gif

From what I've gathered it stars in may?

Have no fear, brother - the model can still be the very early stages of painting and still be a valid entry. The exact details you will probably need to discuss with Semper himself.

And yes, if this ETL begins the same as last year, it'll in May. Last year the gates opened on the 1st.

Well crap. As I am returning to the eternal crusader, I am upset. I forgot ETL, BUMMER. It'll be a while before I get any plastic/resin. I plan on doing my crusade proper. With every model converted.

Well, at least I can support my fellow black knights......

slapslapslapslapslapslapslap....

(now you know the sound of paddleum on tentacle)

I just had a messed up image in my head then and choked/dribbled coffee all over myself. Im not checkin B&C in a coffee shop again, people are lookin at me like im some kinda freak. *hides tentacles in beard*

Archived