Trans-Segmentum Sol station Artificer project log

Back when the Taghmata book was released, I decided that the army would be an alliance of different sects and ordos, with their own colours.

Cybernetica would be green/red, because there is only so many ways you can mix red/white/black.

Engineseers and Skitarii are white/red.

Reductor are black/red.

Myrmidons orange/black warning stripes.

• 1 month later...

SO, magnets. How do they work?

Sorry for my poor English, I just can't find the right words.

All magnets 1mm thick, with one exception. (THE CUBE)

Kastelan Robots:

Arms, step 1:

Just look at the picture for what I removed. I would be grateful if someone could tell me what that is called.

gLItlm0.jpg?1

Arms, step 2:

Drilled a hole at the center and glued a 2 mm magnet. Try to ensure it is level, this one is not. Also showing part 3, but just jump to the next picture.

GY9oc0M.jpg

Arms step 3:

Put a magnet on top of the first magnet, then greenstuff it into one of the halves.

K0HDTnW.jpg

Arms step 4:

Put some greenstuff to attach it to the other side, glue the parts together and hope for the best when you put them together. 

5CAwRxT.jpg

Arms step 5:

Repeat step 3-4, but with the close combat fist, you weirdo. Bit trickier, since there is not a lot of room.

PYhgI7S.jpg

Shoulder step 1:

The thing that fits perfectly must be cut off. Glue a 2 mm magnet where it was.

SBKZnvc.jpg

Shoulder step 2:

Drill a bit with a 2 mm drill if you want a perfect fit, I just glued it in. I had to redo this a couple of times because the glue kept coming loose, or glueing the magnets together.

0xIeV4p.jpg

Shoulder step 3:

Glue the ammo into place. It should fit in, otherwise just shave a some of the thing, that I don't know what to call, off.

tPy5Sve.jpg

Onager Dunecrawler:

Top of the waist: 

1. Cut out some thin hard plastic from some form of packaging, I used an old container for greenstuff. Glue it over the hole.

2. Glue a magnet over the hole, I used 8mm.

3. Apply a liberal dose of greenstuff to be sure.

Lower waist:

1. Cut out part of the dome so it matches the size of the magnet.

2. Put magnet in place. I used a cube magnet that I received as a free sample. 2.5, Strive to receive cube magnets as free samples in the future.

3. Apply liberal amounts of greenstuff to secure the magnet. Align it to the top half of the waist to ensure it is level.

Icarus pod:

No parts should be assembled before the magnets are in place.

1. On the part of the rocket pod that aligns with the weapon mount, glue a piece of sprue frame across the hole. This should be done on the inside of the rocket pod. Glue a magnet to it. Secure with greenstuff. I used 5 mm, 3 mm is probably enough.

2. Glue a piece of sprue frame across the hole of the weapon mount, on the inside. 

3. Once the rocket pods greenstuff is dry, put some greenstuff on the weapon mounts sprue piece and put the corresponding magnet on it. Press the parts together.

4. For the shield thingy that goes on the non-Icarus variant, simply put a magnet on the weapon mounts magnet once it is dry, then greenstuff the inside of the shield and press the two part together.

1lWhXQ7.jpg

Other side

dWUlJjF.jpg

Weapon mounts:

Shaved off part of the mount, then drilled into it and glued a 3mm magnet in place. Drilled lightly into the gun shield and greenstuffed the second 3mm magnet.

656kkAr.jpg

The feet/base:

I shaved off part of the legs and simply put a 5 mm magnets in place, then covered the top with greenstuff. When all the legs were done, I glued the second magnet to the base, but you could also put them under the base.

ePDgKV3.jpg

I do love magnets, and this is some excellent magnet work (I won't say "magic" because I'm better than that)! Might be worth a tutorial to share your methods?

If I can suggest one more thing: don't spoiler (or hide) tag your images. Such fine work should be proudly visible for all to see right away :thumbsup: If you have quite a few images and/or larger ones and want to hide some then leaving the first image of a group visible would let people know that they really need to click those tags :wink:

I do love magnets, and this is some excellent magnet work (I won't say "magic" because I'm better than that)! Might be worth a tutorial to share your methods?

If I can suggest one more thing: don't spoiler (or hide) tag your images. Such fine work should be proudly visible for all to see right away :thumbsup: If you have quite a few images and/or larger ones and want to hide some then leaving the first image of a group visible would let people know that they really need to click those tags :wink:

More specific tutorial? I mean, the Kastelan stuff seems explained enough to me, and I would need a new Onager kit to make a better step by step guide for the Onager.

I used to have very limited internet, so picture heavy sides were a pain. I still feel that it makes it easier to navigate if I put spoiler tags, but I guess i will leave overview pictures in the open in the future.

Pretty cool magnetization work!  Do you think it'll be reasonably straightforward to replicate?

Kastelan shoulder is fairly straightforward. Kastelan arms are also fairly easy to do, but my method takes 3 days for greenstuff to dry.

Onager is a bit trickier, but obviously the most worthwhile.