Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This week's Chaos stuff (Supplements and re-packs)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
322 replies to this topic

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts
So today I used my 1850 with a Cyclopia Cabal.

Ahriman rolled Invis along with 2 of the 5 sorcerers. Both units of Pink Horrors rolled the "D" power. I put a sorcerer with both TSons in Rhinos while the other 3 hid in the Tz Terminators. Screamers flew forward and do what they do with grimoire. 18 base warp charge (fluff?).

I got first turn after infiltrating the pink horrors. Ahriman put invis on the cabalstar and the TS moved up. The horrors pop a Sicaran and a dreadnought with D.

Next turn he pops both rhinos, hops terminators out of a spartan but fails his charge anyway after fragging an entire unit of TS with Grav centurions.

Next turn the invisible Cabal walks forward and uses the Cents to murder terminators.

I lost the game by turn 5 but i didnt get tabled as TS and had fun for the first time in months and i didnt summon anything. Yes this game i rolled the best spells and i of all people know its not always good but still. Even more shrieks to spread around each game is nice.

The cabal and new demon spells makes me very happy. It is what i wanted. Just waiting on chaos models.

Edited by Archaeinox, 08 April 2016 - 06:17 AM.

• MaulerUK, Juggernut, Plaguecaster and 6 others like this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Thedarkprincesnun

Thedarkprincesnun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,483 posts
On a random note
To anyone else who has got the BL ebook check the BL website I just checked and I've been given the link to download the updated version of the black legion supplement

Jacques Corbin

Jacques Corbin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,291 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard
Leaks, leaks, LEAKS!!! Where are the leaks?

Well, at least there is no prattling on and on about left-handedness...
  • Thrillhouse and Tygwyn like this

Thedarkprincesnun

Thedarkprincesnun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,483 posts

Leaks, leaks, LEAKS!!! Where are the leaks?

Well, at least there is no prattling on and on about left-handedness...

I'm downloading the black legion update now
And lol those loyalists are more obsessed with perfection than slaanesh

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,711 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves
Whens the Crimson Slaughter update available? Waiting on that before I start building stuff for ETL vows.

Explorer in the further regions of experience; Demon to some, Angel to others.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,789 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hexfleet Virules

I thought pre orders up this weekend, but nothing on the NZ website yet...?

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,550 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard
Mar be a glitch on the site as they have them both on the NZ sites in books and digital at the new price though are sold out already but when you click on them it goes error all records expunged

Edited by teutonicavenger, 08 April 2016 - 08:32 PM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,725 posts
  • Chapter Name: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics
No leaks yet on Crimson?

Yeah I'm just fishing - sorry.
Current Projects: Radical Inquisition || Storm Trooper Battles || Renegades & Heretics || ETL III || ETL III Tribute II ETL IV - Ryza II ETL V - Chaos
gallery_75122_9925_27254.pnggallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeg
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,789 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hexfleet Virules
Some in the chaos sub forums hinted that the Crimson slaughter stuff was out already but I can't any leaks anywhere

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,711 posts
Dammit! I needs me Crimson Slaughter fix. My Word Bearers are the only army I have that aint gettin any ETL love at the moment.
  • Plaguecaster likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,550 posts
Warning this may sound like a whinge or moan and I apologise if some take it as.
Sucks there are no new units/ kits what so ever for chaos (apart from repacks) yes I know Chaos are apparently getting a new Dex next year and will be apparently getting a redo so we should just be patients do all that biz but what really annoys me is what the loyalists got. Contemptors and Cataphractii two originally FW only models which now can be taken by loyalist in their armies however Chaos are left out and don't get them. Yes we can still get the dreads from FW though and we can count the Cataphractii as count as terminators but the fact Loyalist get a new terminator armour which we can't (I doubt we would even get them in our supposed new Dex next year) it would not of been too damn hard for GW to put a chaos version in the black Legion book now would it, especially since it makes more sense for the forces of Chaos to still have them since they fought in the heresy so would still have plenty compared to loyalist who would barely have any at all. I also bet there will be an actual box set you can buy later on with Contemptors and Cataphractii termis seperate from Cath so they can rack it in from loyalist and heresy players but not the "True Heresy faction of 40k

Ok that's out of my system though it'll probably be deleted anyway so is if I purchase the BL and CS supplement will it automatically update to the new ones or would that only work for those who purchased the previous ones

Edited by teutonicavenger, 09 April 2016 - 02:56 AM.

UPDATED 29/07/17

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,711 posts

Some in the chaos sub forums hinted that the Crimson slaughter stuff was out already but I can't any leaks anywhere

Might wanna have a look again ;)

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,200 posts
Whats that mean

Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,711 posts
Have a looksie in the BL formation thread in the Chaos subforum.
We have a basic rundown of the CS formations.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Dammeron

Dammeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,362 posts

A question: does anyone know if it's the physical books that are being updated, or is it just the downloadable versions? No sign of either yet on the UK store.

"We are not your enemies, child; we seek only to break the chains that bind you; to enlighten you as to the true beauty of being. Those that stand at your back, herding you onto our blades...those that would see you expire in blood and dirt; they are your enemies, and have been since the moment you were conceived..."

- Attributed to La'sai DeSandros, agitator of the Del Torro Profligacy, also known as He of The Sweetest Cut, The Lord of Embraces, arch-heretic of the Severed Angels renegades:                                                                                                          

http://www.bolterand...howtopic=268514            gallery_63428_7083_6894.png                   gallery_29004_9303_2650.png

The Strange Playgrounds:

http://www.strangeplaygrounds.com/

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,550 posts

A question: does anyone know if it's the physical books that are being updated, or is it just the downloadable versions? No sign of either yet on the UK store.

Yes books are up for preorder on NZ site I am so torn between getting the books or digital

Edited by teutonicavenger, 09 April 2016 - 06:13 AM.

UPDATED 29/07/17

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,709 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Horus Heresy

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-44-40.png

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1879.jpg

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1881.jpg

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1882.jpg

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1883.jpg

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-44-43.png

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-44-47.png

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-44-45.png

• Midnight Runner likes this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My WIP Thread (30k and Nurgle Death Guard, Word Bearers, Daemons and other stuff tongue.png)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificertn_gallery_79873_10492_275647.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,709 posts

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-52-38.png

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-52-41.png

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1828.jpg

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1829.jpg

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1830.jpg

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1833.jpg

BLPROCESSED-IMG_1834.jpg

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-52-44.png

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-52-47.png

Screenshot_2016-04-09-15-53-00.png

• Midnight Runner and Space Truckin like this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k and Nurgle Death Guard, Word Bearers, Daemons and other stuff tongue.png)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificertn_gallery_79873_10492_275647.jpg

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,080 posts
  • Chapter Name: HH Hobby Bee.
Cool art! Very inspiring. But untill the old, really bad kits are udgraded, Chaos is still nogo for me. Sadly.
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

Thedarkprincesnun

Thedarkprincesnun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,483 posts
You know something
I actually love the black legion supplement right now :P i need to fix my Abbadon model it seems

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,709 posts

cult_of_slaughter.jpg

original.jpg?w=800&h

original.jpg?w=800&h

dark_covenant.jpg

original.jpg?w=800&h

kranons_helguard.jpg

original.jpg?w=800&h

lords_of_slaughter.jpg

original.jpg?w=800&h

mannon.jpg

original.jpg?w=800&h

original.jpg?w=800&h

ravagers.jpg

original.jpg?w=800&h

red_onslaught.jpg

original.jpg?w=800&h

original.jpg?w=800&h

Edited by Atia, 09 April 2016 - 06:57 PM.

• Noserenda, Cult_Raptora and darkseren1ty like this

Thedarkprincesnun

Thedarkprincesnun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,483 posts
Wow those rules are bad like real bad

The Pyrofessional

The Pyrofessional

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

They seem ok to me.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,866 posts

I totally disagree.

They're pretty fluffy and rather fun - and Possessed that come back? AWESOME.

-1ld to the entire army is insane.

• darkseren1ty and The Pyrofessional like this

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

Thedarkprincesnun

Thedarkprincesnun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,483 posts

They seem ok to me.
The crimson slaughter ones are garbage maybe at the start of 7th they would of been fine but now they are no where near good enough. Heck what is up with gws damn obsession with possessed

@Charlo they arent exactly fluffy crimson slaughtwr arent known for having alot od possessed (thats moee the black legion and word bearers thing)
These formations do nothing to help chaos marines vs any of the 7.5 codexes. The black legion formations are fluffy and decent these ones are not

Edited by Thedarkprincesnun, 09 April 2016 - 07:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users