Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

I wanted to shift these topics here since it was starting to overtake the Book 1 thread. I'll continue posting the Legion summaries here, along with hammering out the last details on the recruitment thread before we go 'public'.

As far as the donations account, a few questions. One, what form does it take? I assume it doesn't require one of us to start a real back account just for this. Is Paypal an option? Or should we set up something on Kickstarter? Or is there something better out there that I don't know about?

Two, who runs it? Does anyone have the desire and the time to manage this account? Who do we trust to run this account? 

Three, if we go with Kickstarter, from what I understand, it's typical to set up goals and objectives as we hit certain amounts. What does our list look like? Personally, I would think either book art or Primarch art would get top priority, then visa versa. After that, I would think Primarch minis. Does that list sound good? Anyone want to suggest alternatives? What else could we use the donations for?

Those are some questions to get the ball rolling. 

Be wary with fund raising websites since they take a cut of the earnings or something to that effect.

Also, I seem to be out of the loop for this but, what happened?

Be wary with fund raising websites since they take a cut of the earnings or something to that effect.

Also, I seem to be out of the loop for this but, what happened?

I asked in either the General Discussion or Book 1 thread if we wanted to open up a donation account to allow fans to contribute and to help make up for our lack of personal funds. Sig supported it, so here's a full discussion on the idea. 

I suppose with all of the discussion about trying to pay for art, this topic naturally arose from our efforts to pay for things. But nothing bad has happened, if that's what you're worried about. 

Void Eagles

Numeration: The IVth Legion

Primogenitor: Yucahu Sumakutaa the Star Born

Cognomen (Prior): The Morning Stars

Allegiance: Fidelitas Constantus

Prowling through the deep reaches of space, the Void Eagles wage war from the heavens above. Adhering strictly to the Principia Bellicosa, Yucahu cares not for high-minded ideals that guide his more noble brothers, nor for the thrill of battle that tempts his more bestial brothers, all that guides him is the mission set forth by the Emperor: to prosecute war in the name of the Imperium. Above all else, the Void Eagles are a pragmatic lot, divided into Great Fleets. Sailing through the Warp, this fleet-based Legion now turns their ship guns on their errant brothers as they show the Traitors who the true masters of void warfare are. 

Special Projects conducted here are intended to be "by hobbyists, for hobbyists" and rely upon member donations of work, not money. If this project is going to continue down the path of needing money, you'll have to take it outside of the B&C.

But discussing about an artist who could do some artworks for us is still allowed, right?

And furthermore to speak about helping each other with financials, etc.?

Are there any additional constraints we need to keep in mind?

W00t? Just a few hours away and we nearly Started a kickstarter and already dumped it. golly gee???

@Kelborn: I don't think he meant it that way. Helping others so that they can create pics oft their vision is something different AS to Fund money via kickstarter or other platforms so that we can hire pros for everything.

We should inspire people to help US, not let Them pay. But if you, myself or any other decide to USe artwork from a professional tailored to your needs, I don't think that is forbidden. Or if you want to thank somebody for bis work. At least it shouldn't be. But we shouldn't force professional works on those who don't want to, right?

But we can still ASK other hobbyist for help

Seconding what Mikhal said. We are allowed to essentially ask for volunteers, but not ask for money, so we can go forward with the recruitment poster.

Now, we could go the donation route, but given the project as it stands now, I'm not comfortable with making that kind of move.

And furthermore to speak about helping each other with financials, etc.?

Still allowed, as far as I can tell. Think of them as gifts. My offer to pay for K'awil's picture is a thank-you gift for Grifft's hard work. He did not ask for it or solicit for it. In turn, we are not allowed to ask or solicit money from anyone. 

I had a small question about the allegiance. Are the Crimson Lions Fidelitas Constantus or Sine Recursus?

Just been turning over the arguments for sine recursus in my mind and they're as follows:

For: On a basic level, an individual Lions loyalty to the Emperor is absoloute. If he commands them to do something, they'll do it even if they don't like it(if, for whatever reason, they were called upon to fight the Iron Bears for instance). Twined with this, they feel a sense of duty to mankind as a whole to unite them, protect them and fight for them, wiping out anything that would get in humanity's way.

Against: At a wider level, their loyalty to the Imperium is much more ambiguos. They see themselves as above the petty demands of Imperial beurocracy and beurocrats who want respect but haven't earnt it and any who swagger onboard a CL ship demanding something like a gene seed tithe(something the Lions would view as extremely insulting) chances are they'd leave via the airlock.

Answer this question: If the Emperor ordered the Lions to destroy another legion, would they do it?

If it was the Emperor who ordered it then yes. It would be a stain on their honour but a necessary one for if the Emperor's ordered it, the Lions will do it.

Answer this question: If the Emperor ordered the Lions to destroy another legion, would they do it?

If it was the Emperor who ordered it then yes. It would be a stain on their honour but a necessary one for if the Emperor's ordered it, the Lions will do it.

Then Sine Recursus is yours. Russ and the Wolves also had their disagreements with the Council of Terra, the bureaucracy, and so forth. Yet, if the Emperor ever told any of the Wolves to swing, they would swing. 

And that is why I specifically said Lions, and not just Hectarion. As Skal explained, Yucahu can match Hectarion's dedication to the cause, but not his Eagles, not all of them as a legion. 

Halcyon Wardens

Numeration: The Vth Legion

Primogenitor: Alexandros the Warmaster

Cognomen (Prior): Storm Riders

Allegiance: Fidelitas Totalis

The defenders of the Imperium, the Halcyon Wardens serve as one of the most noble of Legions. Always seeking to protect the common man, the Wardens often place themselves between their charges and danger, forming a living wall to push back the threats to Mankind. Leading them is none of other than the Warmaster, Alexandros. Chosen to finish the Great Crusade in the Emperor's stead, Alexandros has guided the Imperium for these last four decades with wisdom and honour. Alas, Alexandros and the Halcyon Wardens must now call forth their every skill, for now they must defend the Imperium from their own kin. 

[i had the opposite problem with this one as opposed to the other legions. There's so much I could say that I struggled to condense it.]

Iron Bears

Numeration: The VIth Legion

Primogenitor: Daer'dd Niimkiika

Cognomen (Prior): The Sixth, The Giants

Allegiance: Fidelitas Totalis

Where Space Marines stand tall, the Iron Bears stand taller. A byproduct of their gene-seed, along with their lengthened implantation process, the Iron Bears are transformed into giants always standing twenty to thirty centimetre higher than their cousins, their physical statures enhanced by their good-natured bravado. A legion of mechanics, the Iron Bears are infamous for their habit of tinkering with their war machines, adding new or unusual features to their mechanical beasts. Together, the Iron Bears and their oversized fleet of heavy tanks, form a steel tide that washes over their enemies. Daer'dd, tallest of the Primarchs, leads the legion with his arsenal of warhawks, a figure larger than life on and off the battlefield. In the end, the Iron Bears will be tested to the limit by the tragedy of the Insurrection, as they will suffer one of the greatest losses a legion can suffer.

A metre or two higher? That's bleedin massive!

Curse the metric system. Okay, how many centimeters should it be? I always get a little confused on this topic because it sounds like there are two legions of giants (the Fire Keepers?).

Archived