Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

Well Mikhal has already done Kwal, D'redd and Raktra(I believe) so I'm sure if we flattered him enough and asked really, REALLY nicely he'd probably be willing to do it for the rest of the Primarchs. I haven't seen the King of Bling turn down a challenge yet. :wink:

Alternatively there are plenty of great artists on Deviantart who accept commissions for relatively low prices.

You mean Gwal, Kozja, Raktra and Daer'dd. However now seeing the size i went a bit overboard witth Daer'dd as he is more a lot taller and broader than his siblings.(Edit: oh just 1,5 heads taller than Raktra but a alot broader. Maybe not too overboard) And Hec is only a bit bigger than Raktra. I mean...ups...nothing said.

I have to finish a blind fellow first before you can ask the King of Bling again. And I have to respond to Brother Olis. So much to do and no time.

Oh and I do appreciate your work on him my friend! Keep it up...by to the way, if you want someone to take on some of the painting load for your guys just PM me if your interested.

(As an aside, I think I've watched Dreamwork's "Home" over thirty times in the last two months...It's my two year old's favorite movie right now next to "Hotel Transylvania 2.")

• 2 weeks later...

So, poor Nic has been struck down with the flu and is only now back on his feet. Received an e-mail an hour ago, and syncing our two lists.

Payments (Total Cost - 270)

Mikhal - 15

Kelborn - 15

simison - 15

Redd - 15

Athrawes - 15

Grifft - 15

Drak - 30

Thorn - 15

Raktra - 30

Blind - 15

Current Progress: 180

Primarchs Paid for

Alexandros

Gwalchavad

Andezo (Down Payment)

Yucahu (Down payment)

Daer'dd

Icarion

K'awil

Jade

Hectarion

Kozja

Raktra

Pionus

Niklaas

Current Progress: 12 out of 18

Remaining Primarchs to be Covered

Sorrowsworn Morro

Koschei

Azus

Nomus

Alexos

Descriptions Sent

Alexandros

Gwalchavad

Andezo 

Yucahu

Daer'dd

Raktra

Icarion

K'awil

Niklaas

Current Progress: 9 out of 18

• We have half of our Primarchs sent in for descriptions. That list is the same list he gave me in an e-mail. So, 3 Primarchs haven't reached him yet: Pionus, Hectarion, Kozja, and Jade. Since I do have a stable line of communication with the artist, do people want to simply give me these Primarch descriptions?
  • We really should start considering the next batch of payments and finish our due. We have 90 left, so only a third of the way to go. Now, my bank says I paid twice the first time. I'm going to try to verify this with Nic. If the numbers align, than I'll count as the first payment of the second wave, which just leaves 75 to cover. I'll start contacting the Primarch's owners (AO, Hesh, etc), but is anyone willing to cover them in case they can't afford it? 
  • Kel, can you afford to finish your two payments in April?

So, poor Nic has been struck down with the flu and is only now back on his feet. Received an e-mail an hour ago, and syncing our two lists.

Payments (Total Cost - 270)

Mikhal - 15

Kelborn - 15

simison - 15

Redd - 15

Athrawes - 15

Grifft - 15

Drak - 30

Thorn - 15

Raktra - 30

Blind - 15

Current Progress: 180

Primarchs Paid for

Alexandros

Gwalchavad

Andezo (Down Payment)

Yucahu (Down payment)

Daer'dd

Icarion

K'awil

Jade

Hectarion

Kozja

Raktra

Pionus

Niklaas

Current Progress: 12 out of 18

Sorrowsworn Morro

Koschei

Azus

Nomus

Alexos

Descriptions Sent

Alexandros

Gwalchavad

Andezo 

Yucahu

Daer'dd

Raktra

Icarion

K'awil

Niklaas

Current Progress: 9 out of 18

• We have half of our Primarchs sent in for descriptions. That list is the same list he gave me in an e-mail. So, 3 Primarchs haven't reached him yet: Pionus, Hectarion, Kozja, and Jade. Since I do have a stable line of communication with the artist, do people want to simply give me these Primarch descriptions?
  • We really should start considering the next batch of payments and finish our due. We have 90 left, so only a third of the way to go. Now, my bank says I paid twice the first time. I'm going to try to verify this with Nic. If the numbers align, than I'll count as the first payment of the second wave, which just leaves 75 to cover. I'll start contacting the Primarch's owners (AO, Hesh, etc), but is anyone willing to cover them in case they can't afford it? 
  • Kel, can you afford to finish your two payments in April?

Firstly thank you to whoever sent a description of K'awil to the artist has my thanks (I really suck at remembering things at times).

Secondly I can contribute another £10-15 this month too if we need it. Though I am considering commissioning something for myself soon (or having an actual hobby budget) so if I'm not needed I won't be upset :P Oh and I've fixed my paypal issues so I should be able to manage it this time without so much help (hopefully).

I have confirmed that AO won't be able to afford Travier this time around. He has a required school trip that he had to pay for. 

That's 1 out of 5 Primarchs that will need to be covered. 

Skal, San, do you two need help?

I have confirmed that AO won't be able to afford Travier this time around. He has a required school trip that he had to pay for.

That's 1 out of 5 Primarchs that will need to be covered.

Skal, San, do you two need help?

Due to moving, selling old stuff and a raise, (and no 40k release this month that I'll need) I have a big, untouched hobby budget.

And I promised to help out. No one should be left behind.

Just send me a PM with payment details.

Thanks again, Riku!

So, we have 90 at most, 75 at least, depending on the status of my second payment. Kel has his second payment ready, which brings it down to 75 - 60. Then adding in Grifft, Redd, and Riku, we're left with 30 - 15. Almost there, and I still haven't heard from Squig, Hesh, Skal, or San, yet. So, we're looking to be in really good shape. 

Can you afford to pay for Nomus?

Possibly, it was £15 wasn't it? Problem is I'm in the middle of transitioning from weekly payment at my job to monthly payment and so its uncertain when I'll next be paid and how long I need to make what I have last, so can I get back to you tomorrow once I've had a chance to inquire with my boss at work?

Okay, I've had a chat with admin at work and I'll be gettin paid again next week so I can happily contribute my £15 today once I get home this evening. Sim, can you shoot me a PM with the payment details?

Information sent. That means Nomus is secured, which leaves...

Sorrowsworn Morro

Koschei

Azus

Nomus

Alexos

Now, we know Alexos will need to be covered. Still haven't heard from Hesh, who is busy with business and Squig, who is busy with papers and exams. What about you, Skal? 

Redd, Grifft, Riku, are there specific Primarchs you'd like to cover? As I mentioned, I might have an extra payment already sent, in which case, we're able to completely cover the entire cost. If not, Riku, are you okay with covering two Primarchs? Is there anyone else willing to chip in?

Tentatively, I'd like the last payment to be sent in by April 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, can we send in the last payments today? So, Redd, Grifft, Riku, are y'all ready? For now, let's assume that I did send a second payment, and San sent his in. In which case, if you three send in your payments, the project will be paid for. 

Then, we'll grab what we can for the remaining Primarchs' descriptions and send the rest in.

Been on a kind've creative block recently and have been having a hard time sitting down to get Pionus' description into a relatively finalized written form :\

Been on a kind've creative block recently and have been having a hard time sitting down to get Pionus' description into a relatively finalized written form :\

Need some group brainstormin'?

Archived