Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

I hope so as well.

Last time he wrote, he promised to do a sketch or something similar (see simison's last post above mine). That would be at least some progress. Maybe it's not much for him but we've already spent a serious amount as a prepayment.

At least, he could've kept us updated, saying: "Guys, I'm sorry but I got some serious projects at hand, which are of more importance. Let me finish project XYZ. Afterwards, I'll come back to you, ok?"

I'm just disappointed.

• 1 year later...

A vote has been called to revisit our decision in regards to the artist known as Nicolás. For now, let's keep it to a simple: do we end the commission and request a refund?

Current Primarchs sketched: 13 out of 18 (with 2 more in development)

Yay: 6 - TheBlindPrimarch, Kelborn, Sigismund229, SanguiniusReborn, Raktra, Grifftofer

Nay: 2 - MikhalLeNoir, Chief Captain Redd

Begin.

I am one of the greatest critics when it comes to nicolas unprofessionalism....however.. I vote nay, as I don't believe we get the money back and I want to see the last 5 primarchs ( and actually I like Koschei and Travier)

Right away, I'd say Yay for all the delay and disappointment we had to face.

On a second thought, I agree with Mikhal that I don't expect him to give us the money back.

Still, those are "only" sketches. No first drafts, not even close to a group shot. Even if one'd put all of them together, we wouldn't have a group shot.

Now, if we sum up:

- extreme and unexpected delay

- we transfered the total amount

- we only received first sketches; if he'd have sent us a possible group shot in between (with those, who already have a sketch), we would at least know where we are

- right now, we are committed to him

For those reasons, I say YAY!

But I don't think that he will agree with our new course.

I share Mikhal's concern that we won't receive our money back, but I too have grown frustrated with Nicholas's apparent utter disregard for his obligation, not to mention how irritating his lack of productivity is considering I regularly see him pumping out numerous other pieces on his DeviantArt account.

In short, I've had enough of his dishonesty and disrespect, no more,

I vote Yay.

Quick question: What leverage would we have for negotiating this? To what extent is Deviantart moderated by the artist in question? In what measure would it be ethical for us to post there and here to explain our situation as bad publicity for him?

If so, do you think it would be possible to get him to complete the sketches and refund us? I'm obviously not speaking of him finishing the whole comission, but at this stage it would seem only fair of him to at least partially finish what he started

DeviantArt is not involved at all.

I was more seeing Deviantart as the medium for us to tell our story to other potential customers: it seems fairly dishonnest of him to have dragged this along so long, so it's best to have some possible leverage prepared for if he doesn't want to play ball.

Also, ethical concerns aside, my wife is doubtful about us able to smear him on DeviantArt since he can just hide the comments. That and we’ll be in his domain where his fans would be too willing to cover for him.

Archived