ETL V - The spirit of the ETL

Olis

[basicheader'THE LIBER STRATEGIUM']

THE LIBER STRATEGIUM[/basicheader]

gallery_60566_6038_17611.jpg

B
rothers and sisters, Liberites and general members of B&C, it's fast coming to a time where we must do battle again. Paintbrushes in one hand, models in the other, we look to the next E Tenebrae Lux with anticipation. This year is the fifth anniversary of the inter-forum competition and, so a little bird tells me, Semper has something a little, um, different in mind. What exactly this is, we will not know until May. Not even I am privy to his plans, I'm afraid.

But don't let that deter you. Down here in the Liber we will continue the tradition of taking part but not really competing. We truly will be doing it just for fun. It's all well and good for any of you to declare for another subforum - we will consider that your 'official' pledge. But here you can repost your pledge as an unofficial vow for the Liber, allowing us to see what we could do if we entered as a formal faction.

We had some good numbers last year seeing as it was entirely a non-competitive exercise (as you can see in the link); we completed 7390 points worth of models. Out of the total pledges we managed to get a 85.6% completion rate, altering our final total to 6326 points. Not too shabby. Our completion rate was well above the B&C average from last year's ETL of 68.8% and, in fact, was the highest rate of the whole site! Something to be proud of!

So, before the gates open once again, I call out to you, denizens of the Liber. You may pledge for other factions on B&C. You may throw in your lot with those you call brother elsewhere. Yet if your heart lies here or maybe mere whim carries you to this place then consider having some fun and vow not for competition, but for the joy of it. There is no grand prize and no bragging rights, there is no wooden spoon and no disgrace for failure. Perhaps, just perhaps, this may be the place where the purest form of the ETL's spirit resides...

NOTE: Be advised, this is not yet a call to arms. You'll have to wait until Captain Semper begins this year's ETL in his own specific thread.

If any of you who need a hand in knowing what exactly I'm blithering on about, here are links to the last four ETL's:

ETL I
ETL II
ETL III
ETL IV

(Shout out to CommodusXIII, our unofficial unofficial faction champion last year. Yes, the two unofficials were deliberate. msn-wink.gif )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The games have begun, brothers and sisters! Let it be shown those who record their vows in the Liber!

In chronological order:

NovemberXI 3000pts

Aquilanus 1187pts

WarriorFish 375pts

Brother SP 320pts

Olis 650pts

Scion of Ferrus 844pts

Madwolf Shadowmane 75pts

Ace Debonair 165pts

paulJam 270pts

Lord Thørn 185pts

Excubitor 610 pts

Without a doubt I will be in for the Glory of Liber, as always.  May even throw down a Deathwatch squad or two of Liber Chapters, as a tribute to the awesomeness that is the Liber.  I can throw together a dodgy Liber version of the ETL Siggy when Semp releases one is people want too.  Just to make a point that Liber is, without a doubt, the most awesome group of nuts in any basement across the net.

The Brotherhood of the Angels that is currently running has had history with the ETL in the past. One of the reasons no model is required of the BotA is to inspire others to want to collect their own DIY chapter. When it is time to unleash the paint brushes, the work done on the BotA articles will give way to conversions and modeling of the new chapter so that they may be represented on the tabletop. With the BotA branching out to nearly every forum in the B&C, it is possible that the Liber Astartes can be delivering a rapid fire of victory tallies both on the BotA and on the ETL. For those denizens of the Liber Astartes that have signed up to the BotA, send me a quick PM so I can keep track of the victories of the Liber Astartes.

I have some grand plans for the ETL this year.laugh.png

In an ideal world, I'll be pledging one marine from each Chapter of the Liber Cluster, each with some fancy wargear. In terms of points vowed, they're probably just going to be little Assault Marine squads with vanilla loadouts, rather than gaming the system by painting Fifteen Captains. tongue.png

The colours won't be exact - I don't own any camo green, for example, and since I have jittery hands and limited patience I won't be putting the Chapter Symbols on them, but I'll do what I can.

Brothers, last year I made a call to arms in the Liber, whereby I requested the aid of our respected LPC rivals. Those who heeded our call helped us cement fourth place, and this year we aim to not only improve on that but to again challenge for honours.

As our campaign gets underway, I once more request your aid and implore you to throw your hat into the ring with us. Whilst your fluff is important and is something I respect entirely, for the ETL we just need you to tally up your points from our source books. In fact, we love seeing unusually painted/counts as Blood Angels over on our board so if you are undecided or feel like a change then please consider us!

Thanks for your time.

Without a doubt I will be in for the Glory of Liber, as always. May even throw down a Deathwatch squad or two of Liber Chapters, as a tribute to the awesomeness that is the Liber. I can throw together a dodgy Liber version of the ETL Siggy when Semp releases one is people want too. Just to make a point that Liber is, without a doubt, the most awesome group of nuts in any basement across the net.

While it is possible that I myself could magic up something, I am all too happy to hand the floor to you brother. A nice little ETL V ribbon or badge for the Liber would be welcome indeed. :tu:

The Brotherhood of the Angels that is currently running has had history with the ETL in the past. One of the reasons no model is required of the BotA is to inspire others to want to collect their own DIY chapter. When it is time to unleash the paint brushes, the work done on the BotA articles will give way to conversions and modeling of the new chapter so that they may be represented on the tabletop. With the BotA branching out to nearly every forum in the B&C, it is possible that the Liber Astartes can be delivering a rapid fire of victory tallies both on the BotA and on the ETL. For those denizens of the Liber Astartes that have signed up to the BotA, send me a quick PM so I can keep track of the victories of the Liber Astartes.

Of course brother - any back-to-back victories from our brothers should be rightly recognised. If you need any aid in this regard, feel free to contact me, brother.

In

Succinct, but appreciated. :lol:

I have some grand plans for the ETL this year.laugh.png

In an ideal world, I'll be pledging one marine from each Chapter of the Liber Cluster, each with some fancy wargear. In terms of points vowed, they're probably just going to be little Assault Marine squads with vanilla loadouts, rather than gaming the system by painting Fifteen Captains. tongue.png

The colours won't be exact - I don't own any camo green, for example, and since I have jittery hands and limited patience I won't be putting the Chapter Symbols on them, but I'll do what I can.

Every little helps, brother. As this is the ETL, the aim is merely to paint. Pledge what you are comfortable with. :)

Brothers, last year I made a call to arms in the Liber, whereby I requested the aid of our respected LPC rivals. Those who heeded our call helped us cement fourth place, and this year we aim to not only improve on that but to again challenge for honours.

As our campaign gets underway, I once more request your aid and implore you to throw your hat into the ring with us. Whilst your fluff is important and is something I respect entirely, for the ETL we just need you to tally up your points from our source books. In fact, we love seeing unusually painted/counts as Blood Angels over on our board so if you are undecided or feel like a change then please consider us!

Thanks for your time.

Indeed. Any Liberites willing to stand with the sons of Sanguinius are welcome to do so. Every little helps, so they say. Good luck to you and your brethren, Jolemai. ^_^

As ever, I'm continuing my support of the Liber happy.png This year, however I'm vowing for the Sisters forum smile.png

I too will be vowing for the LIber, but my official vow will again go to the Wolves unless we Liberites are given our own subforum to compete from.

We did in the first year, but because we were using many different Codexes, it was decided that we'd have to vow for the forum the Codex used was with. However, we decided to make topics like this to show our underlying support for the Liber and what would/could have been laugh.png

[basicheader'THE LIBER STRATEGIUM']

THE LIBER STRATEGIUM[/basicheader]

gallery_60566_6038_17611.jpg

We had some good numbers last year seeing as it was entirely a non-competitive exercise (as you can see in the link); we completed 7390 points worth of models. Out of the total pledges we managed to get a 85.6% completion rate, altering our final total to 6326 points. Not too shabby. Our completion rate was well above the B&C average from last year's ETL of 68.8% and, in fact, was the highest rate of the whole site! Something to be proud of!

(Shout out to CommodusXIII, our unofficial unofficial faction champion last year. Yes, the two unofficials were deliberate. msn-wink.gif )

@Olis - Point of Order the Iron Hands had a 85.71% completion rate!

I'm down for an unofficial pledge this year toocool.png

@Olis - Point of Order the Iron Hands had a 85.71% completion rate!

Ah, well, that is not mentioned in Semper's round up post at the end of last year's ETL. I'll pretend that that 0.11% difference isn't there... :P

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I won't be able to go with my original grand plan for this year's ETL. sad.png

I don't have enough spare bitz (or the right paints) to do the Liber Cluster Chapters justice, and if I'm going to do it, I need to do it right. Maybe next year! pirate.gif

That said, I do have a whole bunch of assault marines that need painting, plus Captain Ambrose from the Lauss Rift. I meant to vow him last year but I haven't even settled on a weapon loadout yet, so...

I guess the White Hawks will fly once more! turned.gif

I'm planning on entering my Shadow Wolves for the Chaos Space Marines.

Just as a reminder, the Liber Challenge and the Brotherhood of Angels are still running to the end of May right ?

I believe the BoA finishes when the ETL starts, which will be the middle of May, on the 15th.

Cheers, I'll have to get my thinking cap and typing fingers on then, before changing them out for painting fingers

Archived