LES CHEVALIERS DE L'ORDRE DE L'ANGE DE VINDICATION

[/imageright]
Data

+Gene Seed+ Legio I

+Founding+ Second Founding

+Chapter Master+ Grand Maître Richart, Duc de Normendie

+Chapter Homeworld+ Normendie I, Segmentum Obscurus

+Chapter Fortress Monastery+ Kaem, located on the surface of Normendie I

+Main Colors+ Sable, with Or helm and pauldrons and details in Argent and Guiles.

+Specialty+ Fast Attack, hunting Chaos Space marines

+Battle Cry+ IN NOMINE DEI IMPERATOR (In the God Emperor's Name)

+Current Strength+ Vastly over-strength (over 2,000), Crusading

+Known Descendants+ None Known

[imageright]

Origins

<<Information on the origins of the Chapter>>

Home World/Homeworld

<<Information on the Chapter’s home world/homeworld>>

Combat Doctrine

<<Information on the Chapter’s combat doctrine>>

Organization/Organisation

<<Information on the Chapter’s organization/organisation>>

Beliefs

Gene-seed/Geneseed

<<Information on the Chapter’s gene-seed/geneseed purity/mutations/lost organs>>

Battle-cry/Battlecry/Chapter Motto

IN NOMINE DEI IMPERATOR

<<The next part is only needed if you have special rules for your Chapter>>

USING A <<CHAPTER NAME>> ARMY IN WARHAMMER 40,000

<<Provide the special rules for your Chapter>>

Okay, just a friendly warning about wedging your chapter into the second founding: that's a hard thing to get away with. I think you have done it fairly well but the problem is that we do know a fair amount about the 1st legion during the crusade and Heresy.

Second, you are going to have to explain how your chapter has a known strength of three times what is allowed. It would be much better to simply list their strength as 'unknown' since they are on the fringes of known space. That would give you wiggle room. But stating flat out that they are 3000 strong is going to subject them to inquisitorial suspicion. (Astral Claws ring a bell?)

Okay, just a friendly warning about wedging your chapter into the second founding: that's a hard thing to get away with. I think you have done it fairly well but the problem is that we do know a fair amount about the 1st legion during the crusade and Heresy.

Second, you are going to have to explain how your chapter has a known strength of three times what is allowed. It would be much better to simply list their strength as 'unknown' since they are on the fringes of known space. That would give you wiggle room. But stating flat out that they are 3000 strong is going to subject them to inquisitorial suspicion. (Astral Claws ring a bell?)

http://i.imgur.com/9qepbXO.jpg

They're stuck in the single largest concentration of Orks in the Galactic North and thus are stuck in a perpetual war against innumerable Ork war parties and even full WAAAAGHS!. Besides local guard regiments that pretty much loiter around in the sector also fighting Orks, the Chapter is the only force propping up the sector from getting swarmed. Additionally they exist on the edge of known space and the waning light of the Astronomican can often leave them reduced to making blind, short warp jumps to reach a destination or risk daemonic invasion. Additionally they're so far removed from practically everybody that the Inquisition and Administratum can't really be arsed to send ships all around the Eye to reach the sector for an audit to break up into more chapters.

(Plus with Huron, at least initially, the problem was less "you need to break up the band" and more "you can't legally secede from us and we'll kill you if you try".)

But see that is also a bit of a problem. They are surrounded by hordes of orks and cut off from the greater Imperium. So how are they managing to equip so many marines? Is there also a cut off mechanicus world in the region? Are they somehow making their own equipment? These may be things you just haven't gotten to yet. So I will stop badgering you and just wait for more of the backstory.

Space Marines do have the capability to produce most of their wargear. a few things would be beyond their scope (star ships, terminator armor, etc). Though i do think a flat out statement of 3000 is a bit much. I think it should be more subtle.

But see that is also a bit of a problem. They are surrounded by hordes of orks and cut off from the greater Imperium. So how are they managing to equip so many marines? Is there also a cut off mechanicus world in the region? Are they somehow making their own equipment? These may be things you just haven't gotten to yet. So I will stop badgering you and just wait for more of the backstory.

The Admech has forges set up in the sector to mine heavy metals present in many of the ancient dead-worlds (and by the chapter's nudging) before everything's gone to hell especially in recent times for everybody in the Imperium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I've been off doing other things of late- namely getting invested into the SCA, Society of Creative Anachronisms, for some good old fashioned medieval clobbering. Coming back to this though I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the direction of it- it just feels all too stagnate. There is no direction for the character of the Chapter and the setting itself is dull. Additionally the name just doesn't fit with their actions- and while this is the obvious fault of me creating the idea of the Chapter before community-sourcing the name, I have always held the belief that a name should be the truest reflection of somethings character, it's the purpose of a name.

What I've been sitting on a bit for a while is making them true Anges de Vindication. Their purpose instead becomes a Catholic zeal for salvation for their fallen kin, with the Chapter traveling far and wide to every single corner of the Galaxy on the unending crusade to save their brothers' souls, whether they want to be saved or not. Either then forcing them to repent their sins or dragging them back to the Rock and handing custody over to the Dark Angels to seek forgiveness.

Archived