The planet was approached by many ships of varying shapes and sizes. Not a rare occurrence, most were conveyances bringing food, raw materials, medical supplies and other vital good. Others brought valuable documents, Inquisitors and dignitaries. But this day was different. The ships brought representatives of every major Order and a number of smaller ones. It was an important event, one that happened rarely, but needs must as the God-Emperor of Mankind demands.

Turning from the view screen, Saffron Sera of the Order of the Dauntless Spirit mused on the desperate times that necessitated such measures. They were not good. Reports of activity across the entire Imperium hinted of a conflict that could shake the foundations asunder. The Marine Chapters, as ever, were tight lipped, the thin veneer of cordiality stretched to breaking point. The Astra Millitarum had formed a blockade and refused to speak to anyone outside of a narrow communications window. The eternal enemy was rumoured to be mustering at various locations, summoning horrific creatures to do their bidding.

Who knew what the Inquisition knew? They would not share their knowledge in normal circumstances. Glancing over at the Tech Adept, thoughts of the Forge Worlds at full alert didn't bode well either...

Enough. Doubt is the way of faithless. And the Canoness was as faithfull as she was determined.

"My Lady-Canoness," the Ships Captain announced, "We have a priority transmission. From the lead ship, The Eternal Vigil."

Sera didn't need to command the transmission to be put through. The Captain knew she had been waiting for too many hours, her own impatience to commence getting the better of her.

"Salutations, Sister."

"Salutations, Prioress"

"Is everone here? I have been notified of many Orders responding, but there is a glitch in the homeworlds' communication array."

That was troubling. Ophellia VII was one of the most organised planets in the Imperium. It had to be.

"I will bring a full list of participating Orders and their dispositions to you personally, Prioress."

"Good. I wait for your arrival."

"Transmission ends, with compliments, Lady-Canoness."

"Assemble my command staff. Briefing room. One hour."

"It will be done."

The Canoness hurried from the Bridge. If there was ever a time to get organised for the battles ahead, it was now"

Welcome to the Adepta Sororitas ETL V forum rallying topic! happy.png

For those who are new to the forum, ETL or E Tenebrae Lux is a yearly contest that involves vowing to paint models for a particular forum. The winner is the forum with the highest amount of points from completed units from that forums' Codex.

Here are the links to previous events:

ETL I
ETL II
ETL III
ETL IV

Whilst the competition is some way off (May 15th), I thought we should have our own topic to rally round and encourage each other in their participation. I've already worked out the number of points I have available, and I hope to add more to it as the time approaches.

Remember, this is only a way of attracting interest. Captain Semper will no doubt make official one closer to the time.

So Sisters. Who will answer the call this year?

This year I plan to join in with a rhino, 2 penitent engines and a full squad of seraphim (for 375 points total).  I also have some Dominions and another immolator, a third penitent engine and an exorcist i could enter for another 380 points, but I can't be certain I'd be able to finish it all in time due to my schedule :/  Beyond that I do have several other units that need painting but I would be amazed if I get close to doing those :p

Hidden Content
2x Canoness with Power Sword and Inferno Pistol 95 points each

1x Canoness with Combi weapon and Icon (use as CC weapon) 90 points

2x Exorcists with Dozer Blade 130 each (or 125 without in case standard front doesn't count)

1x Immolator with Dozer blade and Laud Hailer 75 points (or 70 without Dozer as above)

Seraphim squad: 1 Superior with Power sword and Plasma pistol, 2 with two Bolt pistols and two with two hand Flamers 150 points

BSS1 (Dauntless Spirit):
1x Superior Chainsword and Bolt Pistol
8x Battle Sisters
1x Flamer
125 points

BSS2 (Valorous Heart):
1x Superior with Mace
8x Battle Sisters
1x Melta
140 points

BSS3(TBD) :
1x Superior Bolt gun and Powersword
1x Storm Bolter
8x Battle Sisters
140 points

BSS4(TBD):
1x Sister Superior Chainsword and Bolt Pistol
7x Sisters
96 points

BSS5(TBD):
1x Superior with Power Sword and Bolt gun
6x Battle Sisters
99 points

Priest (Mad Donna) Plasma Pistol and Chainsword 40 points

"Legion of the Damned" using SISTERS CODEX
1x Canoness (use as Superior)
4x Battle Sisters
1x Multi Melta
107 points

Repentia (Valorous Heart)
1x Mistress
9x Repentia
155 Points

1667 points if I costed it right happy.png

I aim to get this much done before vowing anything else laugh.png

I put my army on hold just to wait for ETL this year :)

It won't be a huge army (As I'm building it for 2nd ed) but will be some good solid pledges.
Plus an out of competition vow to get my Epic SoB army completed

I put my army on hold just to wait for ETL this year smile.png

It won't be a huge army (As I'm building it for 2nd ed) but will be some good solid pledges.

Plus an out of competition vow to get my Epic SoB army completed

I went on a mad ebay spree buying up loads thinking I'd get it all done quite quickly, but I've had too much on. I've only failed one years ETL (if I recall), which was my Blood Angel one last year sad.png but the others have always given me the momentum I needed to get a lot of painting done! happy.png

Great to see the Sisters getting organised! This is one of my favourite forums. The Sisters have to deal with a fairly old and metal (for the matter) model range that although it still stands its ground aesthetically, it's limited and kind of expensive. They also just have an electronic Codex and every year there are those rumours that an update is forthcoming along with a revamped range but so far nothing. And yet, here they are, every year fighting their corner defiantly, with high completion rates that would put other Forums to shame. Good luck to you all! 

Just to point out that the ETL is not necessarily starting on May 1st. Historically it's either May 1st of May 15th. I will revert with a definitive day closer to the date. :)

Great to see the Sisters getting organised! This is one of my favourite forums. The Sisters have to deal with a fairly old and metal (for the matter) model range that although it still stands its ground aesthetically, it's limited and kind of expensive. They also just have an electronic Codex and every year there are those rumours that an update is forthcoming along with a revamped range but so far nothing. And yet, here they are, every year fighting their corner defiantly, with high completion rates that would put other Forums to shame. Good luck to you all!

I've really fallen for the Sisters range. Yes, they're old, yes they're expensive, and yes you can beat your opponents to death with them if they deserve it laugh.png but there's just a certain something that I can't explain smile.png I know that we're not going to get the highest amount of points completed (although I think we should still aim for as realistically high as we can smile.png ), but I think that we can do very well if we aim for the highest completion rate (percentage). Faith will carry us along happy.png

Just to point out that the ETL is not necessarily starting on May 1st. Historically it's either May 1st of May 15th. I will revert with a definitive day closer to the date. smile.png

Understood smile.png I'll make the change to reflect the confirmed dates smile.png

To battle, Sisters! To battle! happy.png

Hmmm... ETL V might just be the kick in the pants I need to actually get back into painting...  I have 1000s of points worth of sisters, all either languishing in Simpl Green, bare metal, or primed and ready for paint...  Perhaps this is my opportunity to get a few finished...

It's all about the completion percentage, that's where true excellence is msn-wink.gif

In that case, the Liber was most excellent last year. Most excellent indeed. happy.png

I spoke to Captain Semper about my Legion of the Damned counts-as squad. I can't have them as part of my vow as the LotD are a separate supplement sad.png I can use them as a typical BSS one though. Not sure if Cypher would be allowed either. The good Captain would have to confirm that.

Thanks all

I'll ask the good Captain when we kick off the ETL. Cypher has been a model I've wanted to paint for a while now regardless, but if i can add him to a vow, all the better

Speaking of Cypher, if we are able to add him to vows, then (as long as it's okay) I'll be doing a kit bash of him as a Sister (to keep in with the "All models in my army will be female" thing). If I can't have the points as Cypher because the model isn't actually Cypher, then I'll treat her as a regular Canoness smile.png

Another thing I forgot when I posted my list of models I have to paint, I have two spare Immolator turret parts available (okay, no plastic domes, but still). I'll be making my variant Immo's earlier than I thought I would! happy.png

I believe Cypher is a Universal for the purposes of the ETL EXCEPT for Dark Angels! 

In its rules it says: Cypher can be included in any Chaos Space Marines Detachment, or any Detachment of the Armies of the Imperium (unless you also have a Dark Angel model in your army... 

So, free for all! :D

Eugh, haven't played a game of 40k in over a year nor really touched my models at all since last August, but I reckon participating in the ETL once more is a must. Just not 100% sure if it'll be with Marines or Sisters. Decisions, decisions.

Be different, be special... be a Sister!

Unless you won't complete all your vows. In which case vow somewhere else laugh.pngmsn-wink.gif

Yes, the Agents of the Imperium forums probably won't have the sheer amount of points like some of the other forums, but we can at least aim for 100% completion rate! happy.png

Captain Semper - Excellent news on Cypher! happy.png

He says, posting in the Sisters forum... msn-wink.gif I think you already know your decision!

Well, I'd like to get my Sisters playable - that was the goal last year, but as if. Problem is even with the quite nice spray I have for basecoating them, I still haaaaate painting metal figs. And as for vehicles I still haven't decided how I'm even going to paint them!

Archived