I'm curious to see what peoples opinions are for technomany for our libby dread as coming down in a drop pod with two of these powers plus the primaris seems very nice.

primaris taking control of  a enemy vehicles weapon could be nasty, I wonder whose bs we use. I assume we use the libby dreads

1,3 and 4 are great buffers for us and 2,5 and 6 seem like they could do a lot of damage to vehicles. I wonder if the looses d3 hull points for each hull point lost counts for all attacks made that turn or just from the shooting attacks (d6 s4 ap6 rending)

also is it going to make the melta gun on our libby dread a more attractive option or a redundant one?

I have to admit I am unimpressed. Some power's are absolute trash, and others are nearly as game-breaking as invisibility. Electrodisplacment is bonkers, even if you don't try to break it further by noting that it says "unless locked in combat, these units can charge in the same turn", no other qualifiers. Deep strike something in deep, cast the power, switch your libby+unit and the deep struck unit, the libby+unit can assault, and gain nearly 6" of movement. The unit that just deepstruck can also assault if there was something close to where the libby originally was, since the power over-rides any other restrictions in the main rulebook. A codex rule against charging would still hold.

Subvert machine is terrible, its a malediction, so enemy psykers or an adamantium will vehicle lower your chances dramatically, you have to burn 2 warp charges to have a good chance at getting it off no matter what, it's a randomly selected weapon, and then you have LESS than a 50% chance of actually firing, cause if you tie its snap shotting, which means anything blast or template isn't firing at all. Then you go look at Reforge, and its freaking amazing, it turns the psyker into a techmarine+, auto regen 1 hull point, weapon destroyed, or immobilized, (and critically, before the shooting phase) and has a chance to regen an additional hull point thanks to IWND for a turn.

The unit that just deepstruck can also assault if there was something close to where the libby originally was, since the power over-rides any other restrictions in the main rulebook.

Um, I'm pretty sure that the restriction of units that arrive via deepstrike cannot assault on the turn they arrive would still apply. The power doesn't remove other restrictions just stipulates that if you weren't lock in combat you may charge as normal.

EDC

I was about to post the same thing but if you check the wording on the power, it says that "these units can charge in the same turn".

Whilst a unit arriving from Reserves was obviously not considered for this, the wording on the power does cause a conflict and sadly, Codex (and thus, Supplements) trumps BRB.

Don't take my word for it, I'm just some random on the internet ;)

The flip side of the argument is that it doesn't specifically tell you that you can charge (like a Auger Triangulation does). There was a similar conflict with FW's Eldar Corsair list; they have a must charge if possible rule which conflicts with the no charge limitation when arriving from Deep Strike. FW actually responded to this that charging from Deep Strike isn't permitted as it doesn't specifically say so, but certain people feel a FW email carries no weight these days so...

Shenanigans

1. Take a Dreadnought equipped for close combat
  2. Place it on a Shyshield
  3. Deploy Librarian with 24"
  4. Cast Shifting Worldscape and move the Skyshield 24" towards the enemy (note that if your Dreadnought has a magna grapple, it automatically passes any Dangerous Terrain test it is required to make)
  5. Pull off a first turn charge.

Shenanigans

1. Take LOTS OF DreadnoughtS equipped for close combat
  2. Place THEM ALL on a Shyshield
  4. Cast Shifting Worldscape and move the Skyshield 24" towards the enemy (note that if your Dreadnought has a magna grapple, it automatically passes any Dangerous Terrain test it is required to make)

FTFY.

The Blood-Rain Pattern Dreadnought transport pad. 

Shenanigans

1. Take a Dreadnought equipped for close combat
  2. Place it on a Shyshield

Thats some mighty fine cheese. I don't approve for serious gameplay, but that is pretty funny.

Same way Wolves don't have Pyromancy (even though they live on a world of fire) - just the way GW did it.

Another bet is that a couple of it's spells are very similar to ones in our own discipline.

Levitation is Wings and Terrify is Fear of the Dark.

I actually think I like Fulmination over Technomancy for a Libby Dread. Additional mobility, an invulnerable save and anti-horde powers seems like the exact things he is missing. Technomancy seems to depend too much on having enemy vehicle targets. If your opponent doesn't play a mechanized list their usefulness runs out quickly.

I really dig the stipulation that the Technomancy blessings have stating they can be used from within a vehicle on that vehicle. Maybe I put some Libbynaughts into Stormravens as transport? hmmm....maybe I start running Mephiston using the Librarius table. Lots of fun to be had!

Archived