+++Knightfall 2016+++

Firepower

With heavy heart I will have to fail the vow, Brothers. My Marshal has called upon me to crusade another Segmentum and thus my forges are closed for the duration of the Warp transit, so that the designs and creations are not befouled by the touch of the Nether.

Well, that leaves TheOneTrueZon with the largest vow in the event then.  

Glad to see WIPs have been submitted by everyone, with 5 completions and 1 failure out of 14 total vows.  On a side note, make sure you post the finished models in a new post, rather than editing them into the original vow.  I missed like 6 WIP confirmations because you lot stuck them into 2 week old posts without telling me :P

10 days to go brothers.  Tick Tock.

http://i.imgur.com/mzfAEXo.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/EXT4zAI.jpg?1

My Drop pods are complete. I'm not particularly happy with some of the small details, but all my good brushes are currently in storage in the basement, we are still getting set up in our new home. These were done with just a flat #2 shader. I'll be going back in for more detail when my painting desk is set up. But as of now they are ready for tabletop and will be seeing play next Thursday!

Well done you two. That officially puts us at a 50% completion. Put this holiday weekend to good use, folks. After the Brats and Beers, naturally biggrin.png

As for me, around 15 hours of masking tape completed yesterday. Without challenges like this, there's no question I'd never subject myself to that. :P

Build Dreadnoughts if you have them. This holiday weekend is about honoring our battle brothers who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Also, have any of you completed a Stormhawk yet? I would like to see some with a Swordbrother wingleader.

+++ VOW COMPLETE +++

http://i.imgur.com/bRXOYb4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2cfpgId.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mmZq9gG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PtqAM50.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8MD2W2Y.jpg

Fun facts & final thoughts - Always test Purity Seal if you haven't used it in a while. I didn't, hence the frosted look on some of these. I was totally going to use my brush-on matte varnish, but Iooked over at that can of Purity Seal and thought, oh just use that. Nothing a little nuln oil and *another* layer of black won't fix. 

In any case, this challenge was good as I gotto test my weathering techniques while trying to work as efficiently as possible. Working with all reclaimed models I had to learn a measure of "just let it go", work with what ya got and go from there. Overall I really like how these turned out and the templates I created for the side crosses will come in handy for many models to come. Now on to ETL and back to the core of my HQ. 

Also thinking that this fall I'll get an airbrush setup and ready for my winter project: LRC Spearhead

So then, I left a few extra layover hours for our tardy brethren, but with no completions in sight, I hereby officially end Knightfall 2016!

The rest of you lot, very well done!  The challenge has been met, and though we only had 14 vows, a completion rate of 78% is still nothing to scoff at.  Be proud of this achievement, and rejoice for the steel chariots that stand ready to see your Crusades to the battlefield!

The claim to Most Productive goes to TheOneTrueZon, with 4 models vowed and completed.

Brother LoganHeckus, and Kastor Krieg.  Report to the Reclusiam for paddlins!

I'll choose a Best in Show tonight after some careful thought (yes, I am excluding my own entry from the competition, for the sake of fairness).

Banners for the triumphant, the shamed, and the exceptional will be ready presently.

Again, excellent work, and gratitude for making this event a qualified success. :tu:

Til July 1st. Eager as you may be to meet a challenge, you should really read an oath before you take it Krieg. ;)

Now then, as for best in show. It came down to three choices:

Roujakis- I really liked the atypical arrangement of white panels on your tank, and the freehand designs were a bold thing to add under a limited timeline. The orange lights were quite nice as well.

Zulu- Just the sort of bold, crisp highlights I've come to expect of your work, and some subtle but effective weathering.

First place goes to....

TheOneTrueZon!

The full monty with this arrangement. Weathering and patina, abundant extras in iconography, a menagerie of extra bits and bobs (including a sword swinging pilot for poos and giggles), and good freehand minor detailing as well. You really went the extra mile for this vow, and seeing as it is designed to fill our ranks with models most folks don't even want to invest the trouble in creating, making such extensive efforts big and small is a real testament to the work you put into your Crusade. Even after taking off points for declaring your success in those damned bold red letters I hate so much, you still came out on top. ;)

Admittedly, I had a bit of trepidation in awarding both special accolades to a single participant. But it wouldn't be fair to cheat a brother out of their proper accolades simply because they went above and beyond the call in both departments.

And so, TheOneTrueZon, you are hereby declared the Champion of Knightfall 2016! Congratulations! I'll get you your special banner as soon as someone else (Acebaur, to whom all credit on the banners is due) is done making it for you :teehee:

I'm proud to see so much work put into all of your completions, and to see our subforum still has the zeal and dedication to meet any challenge, no matter the size or scope.

Now with all that back patting complete, I will be returning to my typical curmudgeonly self. I have paddlin's to perform. furious.gif

What happened to Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Consequences? :P

But seriously, had I moved a month later, as planned, ther woukd not have been a problem.

I shall reforge.

The ETL awaits your penance brother... ;)

Thanks to Firepower for hosting this event and encouraging/threatening so many Templars into participating :P and thanks to everyone who took part - great efforts all around. Special congratulations to Zon - an outstanding completion and well-deserved accolades! I hope you're feeling fired-up and ready to keep painting!

That goes for everyone - your brush has tasted paint and cannot be sheathed until our honour is restored - the Chaos dogs must face our wrath. ETLV calls and we must answer!

Archived