Jag's Crusade: Relapse

JAG Templar

Wow, great work! Out of curiosity, how do you paint the whites of the shoulder pads? I've been using ulthuan grey which is a little on the vivid side, but your technique looks much more natural.

Hey there, thanks for comments. It’s just Duncan’s recipe from WHTV. Pallid Wych Flesh over Rakarth Flesh. Pure white is only used for highlights and damage.

• 7 months later...

It’s been a loooong time since I’ve posted here. Have been concentrating on my Imperial Knights army ( Templar themed of course!)

Here is a quick photo of a recent completions. These guys have been half painted since 8th edition box set came out so good to get them done.

gallery_72111_11908_677337.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just clearing my desk of half painted things before ETL. These guys are my test scheme for Celestial Lions. In order to take a break from black, I’ll be including some Lions in my crusade from time to time.

gallery_72111_11908_250191.jpeg

Chose this squad of Aggressors as I needed them on the table fast. I think these are an underrated unit in our Codex. Good anti-troop shooting and decent close combat. A bit too easy to kill would be my only complaint!

• 1 month later...

Once again, kudos on such vibrant colours.

I'm late to the party and have just seen the aggressors, would you mind sharing how you did the gold ?

Sure. I use Vallejo model Air Copper as a base, Agrax Earthshade (with Vallejo Matt Medium to smooth it out). Then highlights with Vallejo bright bronze and stormhost silver. Damage is done with Rhinox Hide.

The Celestial Lions Redemptor looks great, but I fear he'll be misidentified as an Ultramarine if people don't instantly notice the lion on his right shoulder.

. It’s true and a risk I took to avoid large panels of metallic gold. I don’t know how Custodes players do it! Hopefully people catch on when they see the golden Celestial Lions marching beside him.

Edit: and some Templars of course! I’m back in Black for my next unit.

Edited by JAG Templar

In the Context of the army it should work I think, he wont be alone after all. I really love the vibrancy of those colours also cool use of the eagle and thunderbolt.

I want to use that dedal somewhere as well.

I love this colour too. It may be ‘un-zealous’ but Macragge Blue is one of my favourite paints, from all hobby lines.

Crusade uniformity is going out the window! There will be traditional Black Templars, golden Celestial Lions, blue Celestial Lions vehicles and some of my Templar leaders will be in all white armour.

Painting black only gets Boring, I understand completely. and lions as allies should work pretty well. Also a good choice to take Them as primaris. Could also do it with emperors spears. And as far as colours go:for some reason I REALLY enjoy painting purple.

I am interspersing my crusade painting with the Rogoue Trader nurgle models right now, just to do something different.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian