Jag's Crusade: Relapse

JAG Templar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

This Sword Brother was a quick weekend project that I made from spare bits. The aim of the game was to find a balance between speed and quality, and to practice faces. I think I've found a balance in terms of reducing time spent on each miniature vs good looking models.

Reasonably happy with face for a first go but plenty of room forimprovement, and eyes are a bit of a pain still. Anyway it was a nice change from all the Primaris I've been doing recently. C and C as always are welcome!

med_gallery_72111_11908_1067628.jpg

med_gallery_72111_11908_271826.jpg

I will fix up the black edges on the base too :)

• 1 month later...

Alright, with a few forum painting competitions going on I've been forcing myself to clear the half-painted models off my desk before I start something new. First up Reivers, which may not be everyone's cup of tea but at least they do alright on the table top - more than alright in some cases.

gallery_72111_11908_75520.jpg

gallery_72111_11908_225111.jpg

gallery_72111_11908_149630.jpg

As always - still have to clean up the base edges. My least favorite part....

Hey - thanks for the comments. The shoulder pad technique is on the previous page of this thread but I don't know how to link to individual posts.

Once I'm home I can determine the names of the paints that I use for the black armour areas but essentially it's azimuth airbrush highlighting.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. I wish I'd started my army like this but I learn't better techniques as I gained experience.

I think that's an issue many hobbyists run into if they've been in the hobby long enough.  

Some even go back and repaint old stuff ... I've opted to pick up new armies to try new techniques.

Hi. The arm and the backpack accessories come from the Grey Knight terminators kit, and the Primaris body is the Ancient from the Dark Imperium box. Pistol arm is from Reivers sprue.

I'm glad it looks as though it's supposed to fit together as there was quite a bit of cutting to get things to work. There was just no way I was paying the ridiculous price for the real Primaris apothecary model!

• 1 month later...

The Repulsor looks fantastic as does all of your work.

So much work involved with these new kits.

Care to elaborate for those looking at the Repulsor?
I am going to guess a lot of paint and small parts coupled with British instructions.
Thanks. Yeah, it’s just all of the parts involved. Took a long time to build and to paint.

I also magnetised all of the options, and there are a lot of options!

My main bit of advice would be to use big rubber bands for the hull build. It really helped me minimise obvious seams. I guess that advice is true for any large vehicle though.

Edited by JAG Templar

Thanks also for the comments on the OSL. I still feel a bit nervous doing this, especially because it’s the last thing I do before varnish. Still feels like a bit of a gamble with my emerging airbrush skills.

Real humid down here in the Southern Hemisphere summer - using three separate moisture traps, airbrush thinner and flow improver just to get an even spray!

I just noticed something about the back of the tank.

As you disembark from the rear entrance, is it better to go to the left and be incinerated or the right?

Inquiring mind would like to know. :P

I just noticed something about the back of the tank.

As you disembark from the rear entrance, is it better to go to the left and be incinerated or the right?

You can drop prone immediately after using the rear access point, and low crawl until you're clear of the thrusters.

You can walk past, enduring the lingering heat from the thrusters- which are hopefully at idle, as the driver was kind enough to STOP the damn thing before you debark- until you're clear.

Or you can use the SIDE access points instead of the rear. Anyone who tries to make you use the rear access point, is welcome to go first, with your encouragement (i.e., push).