Jag's Crusade: Relapse

JAG Templar

More Primaris reinforcements in the form of a Marshal/ Castellan. I've seen plenty of different versions of this guy and here is my take on him! C and C welcome :smile.:

med_gallery_72111_11908_647908.jpg

Really like your templars, especially this guy!

Edit: And your imperial knight on page 5 :eek:

Edited by Smoke Frog

Here is another model that I had commissioned by the same artist. I’m really happy with the work he has done. Again, I wanted something that looked like it had been crusading for a very, very long time. Not my work but very happy to add it to my crusade

I‘ve actually painted some things as well so will post those soon!

med_gallery_72111_11908_568426.jpeg

med_gallery_72111_11908_453617.jpeg

This gives me Some Peace in regards to my idea of adding some heresy fists wargear to my crusade.

Levis are beautiful models and this one is looking dope as hell. Also great weathering that is not going overboard.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

• 4 weeks later...
Good job on the CAPT, but why is his armor brass-colored instead of black? Is he wearing a relic of the Great Crusade, a suit of artificer armor from one of Dorn's own Honor Guards, given golden armor to match what their Primarch wore pre-Heresy? Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 4 months later...

After many months of being lost to other table top gaming systems, the 9th announcement kicked me back into 40k mode.

Really glad I magnetised everything on this guy, as I just need to change the backpack and sword and he is sworded and boarded for 9th!

med_gallery_72111_11908_364521.jpeg

Also needed to get these off my hobby desk so haven’t them a quick and dirty table top standard painting. Love including Celestial Lions in my Crusade whenever I can!

med_gallery_72111_11908_150557.jpeg

I’m guessing Knightfall 2020 didn’t go ahead? In which case I’ll be doing some Impulsors next, ready to transport all of our new close combat units!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick public service voxcast.

I’ve often found black a very difficult colour to highlight with an airbrush, particularly on large surfaces like tanks. I’ve finally found what I think is the perfect colour for airbrush highlights over black. No pics yet but here is the recipe (4 years in the making!):

All colours from the Vallejo Model Air range.

2:2:1 Black Green: Dark Grey Blue: Black

Enjoy! And would love to hear if anyone has found a better one.

Bit late to the party here but your crusade is looking magnificent mate! Really crisp paintwork, and I particularly love your Celestial Lions; I've been toying with the idea of adding some to my own crusade, and you've definitely convinced me to go for it.

I wish! All decals. I’ve worked out over the years how to make them look more like part of the model and less fake.

Would you mind elaborating on this? I've been applying some decals for the first time lately and having a very rough time with them.

Bit late to the party here but your crusade is looking magnificent mate! Really crisp paintwork, and I particularly love your Celestial Lions; I've been toying with the idea of adding some to my own crusade, and you've definitely convinced me to go for it.

I wish! All decals. I’ve worked out over the years how to make them look more like part of the model and less fake.

Would you mind elaborating on this? I've been applying some decals for the first time lately and having a very rough time with them.

Hey thanks and sure:

1. The receiving surface should be smooth. If you are unsure, hit it with some satin varnish before.

2. Decals on pauldrons are a pain. Small crosses are easier like the ones in the old FW sheet. The ones that come with old tactical squad boxes are a bit unwieldy.

3. Prep the surface with a little Micro Set

4. Soak and place decal on correct spot. This is the main part and the hardest to explain: take a tissue and press it firmly onto the decal. Run from the centre out to the edge until it’s perfectly flat and no bubbles. You will definitely rip some decals trying to get this right but it’s critical.

5. Apply Micro Sol

6. Hit it with Matt varnish once dry.

Hey thanks and sure:

1. The receiving surface should be smooth. If you are unsure, hit it with some satin varnish before.

2. Decals on pauldrons are a pain. Small crosses are easier like the ones in the old FW sheet. The ones that come with old tactical squad boxes are a bit unwieldy.

3. Prep the surface with a little Micro Set

4. Soak and place decal on correct spot. This is the main part and the hardest to explain: take a tissue and press it firmly onto the decal. Run from the centre out to the edge until it’s perfectly flat and no bubbles. You will definitely rip some decals trying to get this right but it’s critical.

5. Apply Micro Sol

6. Hit it with Matt varnish once dry.

Thanks for this :thumbsup: I struggle most with avoiding the bubbles and kinks when applying, so will give your method a go.

• 3 weeks later...