Jag's Crusade: Relapse

JAG Templar

Excellent work on the Celestial Lion Impulsor. Is its presence in a Black Templars thread a sign you will include it in a Black Templars army, maybe as the Lions serving under the Templars standard to repay the debt of honor the Lions owe their fellow Sons of Dorn?

Excellent work on the Celestial Lion Impulsor. Is its presence in a Black Templars thread a sign you will include it in a Black Templars army, maybe as the Lions serving under the Templars standard to repay the debt of honor the Lions owe their fellow Sons of Dorn?

Definitely. I have both Lions and Templars in my crusade to give me some hobby variety. It also fits in with fluff.

I either play the whole army as Imperial Fists, or Black Templars so there is no confusion.

I think the Impulsor will be good for us in 9th. The assault vehicle and devout push combo gives some interesting options for early charges.

I don't think that the 'nerf' to fly is such an issue for the Repulsor or Impulsor. Now that all of their blast weapons can fire anyway, they're actually safer in engagement range. Still firing most of their weapons at the nearest enemy, but not being fired at by anyone else.

It will almost be the revenge of the tanks. After a whole edition running away from everything like it has cooties, now the inverse will be true. I for one plan to actually use my LRC frag Assault Launchers!

Edited by Brother Adelard

I think the Impulsor will be good for us in 9th. The assault vehicle and devout push combo gives some interesting options for early charges.

I don't think that the 'nerf' to fly is such an issue for the Repulsor or Impulsor. Now that all of their blast weapons can fly anyway, they're actually safer in engagement range. Still firing most of their weapons at the nearest enemy, but not being fired at by anyone else.

It will almost be the revenge of the tanks. After a whole edition running away from everything like it has cooties, now the inverse will be true. I for one plan to actually use my LRC frag Assault Launchers!

Some great points you make!

Lovely Impulsor, looks much more warlike somehow with the conversion!

Thanks! Yes, an open-topped APC didn’t seem right to me.

Lovely Impulsor, looks much more warlike somehow with the conversion!

Thanks! Yes, an open-topped APC didn’t seem right to me.

Too Orkish. Enclosed is much more Imperial.
I agree. Open-topped is what you use for oversized cargo, or for livestock. Those who'd give their lives to defend the Emperor and His Imperium, should NOT be treated as livestock, or morale will drop like a stone.

• 1 month later...

Here are my first (of many) Indomitus models. My first impression is that the models are amazing quality for an ETB boxed set, especially the Assault Intercessors.

med_gallery_72111_11908_155759.jpeg

Also did some minor alterations to this guy, which are simple and not very original/ creative but makes him look a bit more Knightly.

med_gallery_72111_11908_240426.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Cool stuff! This is one of those things that grind my gears - the quality of GW's sculpts appear to be getting so much better now and I force myself not to buy any of the new stuff before I deal with my 'pile of shame'. And I really, really want to experience assembling the models. Well, the Redemptor dread will have to do for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Ok so after 10 months sober from 40k the plastic crack has pulled me back in with this Templar announcement.

I’m frantically trying to speed paint everything in my pile of shame with these guys done and more Outriders coming soon.

med_gallery_72111_11908_11459.jpeg

I have a lot of Bladeguard on sprues and just wondering how they play in 9th (I’ve only played two games in this edition)? Do people use transports or foot slog?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking bikes.

Maybe a bit more purity seals or do they haven't earned any yet?

Thanks. Yeah, you are right they could do with more purity seals but the Indomitus sprues don’t come with any spares. The new kits in general seem to have less and my purity seal stash is getting low.

In the past I’ve made some good bits swaps with Grey Knights players so may have to do that again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say your models look awesome, and I will take inspiration from your thread when creating my own BT force.

From what I understand you are using your Celestial Lions in conjunction with your BT force, aren't you? Do you use the CL models as count-as BT, or do you actually use two separate detachments with the respective rules?

Just wanted to say your models look awesome, and I will take inspiration from your thread when creating my own BT force.

From what I understand you are using your Celestial Lions in conjunction with your BT force, aren't you? Do you use the CL models as count-as BT, or do you actually use two separate detachments with the respective rules?

Thanks! I’ve had almost a year out from the hobby and haven’t been playing 9th that much. That will change once the Black Templar box lands. I will play the Celestial Lions as Templars once the supplement comes out, not a separate detachment.

Most of 8th Ed I was playing both my Templars and Lions as either Black Templars or Imperial Fists, not separate detachments.

My local scene is/ was very competitive and there is no such thing as a friendly game, even between friends. There was a period where I played my army as Ultramarines using the Horus Heresy Rogal Dorn as Guilliman - but that sort of talk is literally heresy round here!

Edited by JAG Templar

Using Rogal Dorn mini was my own choice, so no real pressure to spend the money there. I guess the sad part is the competitive nature of our games meant that I didn’t often play using my army as Black Templars. Mostly Imperial Fists and Ultramarines, although I gave Templars a damn good go!

No doubt this will change