Jag's Crusade: Relapse

JAG Templar

I just noticed something about the back of the tank.

As you disembark from the rear entrance, is it better to go to the left and be incinerated or the right?

Inquiring mind would like to know. :tongue.:

Why would you embark to the rear? The enemy is clearly in front of the tank, so you would take the shortest route to charge, which is through the side doors, and should the enemy manage to engage a tank from the rear you would also charge in a straight line... :tongue.:

Great piece, JAG, nice, clean job!

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

• 2 months later...

The colors are amazing (still feel the model is kinda bland, but that's a primaris thing i guess), the cloak is so smooth... don't you make me crave an airbrush, you!

:tu:

The pictures are quality stuff as well!

Thanks. Yep he has a lot of plain surfaces, and I did have some small shields painted up to go on him but there wasn’t anywhere for them to be fixed without looking silly/ contrived.

I think my approach with Primaris from now on will be lots of small scratches to break up the surfaces. I just need to improve my fine brush technique a bit more,and then I’ll be able to pull it of.

• 1 month later...

When i look at your models i want to buy airbrush.

It’s bery hard to get damę smooth effect with brush painting. Very Nice looking models

Thanks! Yeah, it’s not very often that the fastest, easiest technique is also the better looking but for airbrushed cloaks this is true.

I couldn’t do what I do without an airbrush. It will change the style and feel of your army - but in my case I think it changed for the better.

It’s bery hard to get damę smooth effect with brush painting. Very Nice looking models

Thanks! Yeah, it’s not very often that the fastest, easiest technique is also the better looking but for airbrushed cloaks this is true.

I couldn’t do what I do without an airbrush. It will change the style and feel of your army - but in my case I think it changed for the better.

Would you mind to give some further insight on how exactly you paint the cloaks with the airbrush?

The idea of airbrushes is nice... the practical part no so much when you want to threw them at the nearest walls after spending a couple of hours trying to get the damn thing to do anything but get clogged :biggrin.:

Anyway, cool model JAG, waiting to see the rest of it :wink:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you my latest project. I’ll start by saying that I’m extremely time poor but cash rich at the moment, and employed the services of a commission painter to help remedy that. It allows me to field some of the units that I’d like to a bit faster noting that I have a lot of Templars still to paint myself.

So in this case I’ve gone for an Imperial Knight detachment (that may be used as a stand-alone army depending on how the upcoming codex release goes). The plan is for 3 larger Knights (not sure what varieties yet) and 4 Armiger sized ones. I’ll be doing the 4 smaller ones myself and outsourcing the larger ones.

I designed the over-all theme/ livery and I think the painter did a really good job of capturing what I was after. Interested to know what you think of the overall style.

gallery_72111_11908_127587.jpeg

med_gallery_72111_11908_111461.jpeg

gallery_72111_11908_5330.jpeg

Edited by JAG Templar

I don't know if it's against the forum rules, but i think you might do that guy a solid and share a link if possible :biggrin.: i'd love to see some more work. I had a few run ins with comission painters of... let's call it variance in skill :wink:

Ditto, please share who did that painting, I'd love to see more of their work.