Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

Group shots

http://imgur.com/TBoxkRp

http://imgur.com/xRuTKqy

http://imgur.com/cmf4VnV

I redid some of the tabards at work, and then added some miliput to the backs. I plan on adding some hoods once I have heads, either up, or bunched around the back of the neck. Basically instead of tabards they are becoming "Battle Habits" attached at the shoulder of the power armor.

I found a cool paper punch of a fleur de lis online. Ordered it. Hopefully I can punch some fleur de lis' out and put these on the shoulder pads. They are about 1/5th" so hopefully they will fit on shoulder pads without too much trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

I reached out to Grishnak about upcoming releases for his "War Maidens" and received this reply:

"An upgrade set with heavy weapons will be released soon"

Oh thats good news. Was thinking of getting some FW heavy weapons, but not sure how they would fit. 

So with this great news, I will wait :)

Because they come from Russia my Grishnak models have been held by customs for inspection indefinitely so a word of caution on big orders. Will let you guys know when they get released!

Please do tell me when the heavy weapons set is released. I have 50 war maidens here at home waiting for some upgrades. Only assembled 10 so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Grishnak models tell me this about their special weapons : 

"We are going to start selling heavy weapon sets on next month.

We will inform all our customers by email."

just so you know

• 4 weeks later...

Grishnak models tell me this about their special weapons : 

"We are going to start selling heavy weapon sets on next month.

We will inform all our customers by email."

just so you know

Super good news mate! Thanks!

Has anyone tried converting the sisters of silence? They are about $20 for a box of 5 on eBay and they come with 5 bolters and 5 flamers. I think swapping a Statuesque female head onto them would make a fairly convincing battle sister.

The sisters of silence look surprisingly (or not, computer assisted design and all) like Deldar models. I'm sure you could get a decent battle sister out of them, though.

I got some feedback on my sister conversions that the Arms where way too big. I just ordered 3 boxes of SOS, i will put the bolt gun / flamer arms on my SOBs and equip the SOSs with great blades.

For 8th I'm looking at an Imperium 2 force. 3 battle sister squads of 5, 3 sisters of silence squads, 2 guard platoons, and an ordo Hereticus inquisitor. I'll have 3 rhinos, 2 exorcists, and probably add some IG tank support.

Has anyone tried converting the sisters of silence? They are about $20 for a box of 5 on eBay and they come with 5 bolters and 5 flamers. I think swapping a Statuesque female head onto them would make a fairly convincing battle sister.

I have a squad of 20 SOS I'm using as basic sisters with statuesque heads. They look really good adding heavy weapons(heavy flamer, multi melta) is alittle difficult.

I saw a website the other day that had sister like models at very reasonable prices, about 5 pounds for 5 models. They looked okay.

I can't remember the website though and haven't been able to find it again. It was something fox miniatures. Guy made the models originally for his wife to use in kill team games as sisters of battle. Any ideas on the website? Anyone else see these?

Correspondence has informed me that heavy weapon sets will hopefully be complete / available by the end of June. Weapons will be available as an "upgrade" sprue for the existing miniatures, with new sculpts landing at the end of 2017.

Via Grishnak site on VK:

zGjv6gYab24.jpg

It's also worth noting that I recently discovered that the Grisnak heads are the perfect scale for head swaps on Raging Hero miniatures. I will post some images tonight of recent work that shows this wonderful combination. 

Quick Question really, i was thinking of adding a squad or two of Sisters to my Imperial forces, probably using the Dreamforge bodies and the mounds of random Marine guns i have in the bitz box but what i was after was the Iconic Bob haircuts or Sabbat helms on a sprue from someone? Is there anyone out there selling something like that? Im not a fan of the random haircuts of most female head sprues and id rather not go skinhead.. Id be forced to freehand devotional tattoos and go quite mad :D 

All of our battle sisters are metal, and most companies trying to crib the sisters don't do so that blatantly.

That said, Grishnak war maidens are super blatantly sisters of battle, but you'd have to buy the whole thing, and they are in a different scale.

Besides that, I've never seen Sabat helms or Bob haircuts for sale anywhere. You might check shapeways?

Archived