Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternative Sisters

394 replies to this topic

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

Don't think the Gemeni look anything like Sisters, Celestine looks pretty OK? Except for the bare belly (which is ridiculous for a Sister, or any model in PA)

I think the same about the belly, I was thinking to get one of the Geminae and substitute the body with the Greyfax's one, but I don't know how difficult it could be.

cel_Maid01.jpgcel_Maid02.jpg

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,712 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Angels

I think the same about the belly, I was thinking to get one of the Geminae and substitute the body with the Greyfax's one, but I don't know how difficult it could be.

With enough high technology, downright trivial. Just get your high resolution three dee scanner and some powerful scanned-surface manipulation software.

Scan the belly to produce the concave shape and the armour surface to produce the convex. Marry it together as a thing, but textured, shell with slight tweeks to fit and presto-bismol, proper claddings.
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 490 posts
  • Chapter Name: Silent Sword Crusade

I'm interested in getting a couple of grishnak heavy weapon sisters although I had hoped for different backpacks and cabling

The pic I got from him was clearly a WIP, there very well may be more we're not seeing yet. Hopefully an update from him will roll along soon. 

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg ETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer K4nh5F7.gif

Marshal Haduwig

Marshal Haduwig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars, Tyrants Legion

I'm interested in getting a couple of grishnak heavy weapon sisters although I had hoped for different backpacks and cabling

The pic I got from him was clearly a WIP, there very well may be more we're not seeing yet. Hopefully an update from him will roll along soon. 

I spoke with Grishnak Models a couple of days ago when I placed an order and asked about the heavy team.  Apparently what we're going to see first a heavy weapons upgrade kit for the current set of models and then toward the end of this year/early next we will see new sculpts.

bRbhJY6.gif

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

With enough high technology, downright trivial. Just get your high resolution three dee scanner and some powerful scanned-surface manipulation software.

Scan the belly to produce the concave shape and the armour surface to produce the convex. Marry it together as a thing, but textured, shell with slight tweeks to fit and presto-bismol, proper claddings.

I was thinking about something more simple and... brutal.

Spoiler

• Teetengee, Purifying Tempest, Servant of Dante and 1 other like this

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, Ministorum
Has anyone had any contact from raging heroes about when the Sisters Icariates are likely to be available to the general public? I missed out on the Kickstarter by about two years...

Noeh

Noeh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ashen Wolves of Gersemi

Has anyone had any contact from raging heroes about when the Sisters Icariates are likely to be available to the general public? I missed out on the Kickstarter by about two years...

I'm waiting on the same. I may have ordered 10 of them, but since those haven't come in yet... I need a way to have them. Now that seraphim can be easily run in more groups, I want a whole bunch.

Ashen Wolves of Gersemi - Currently about 3200 points of Sisters and Wolves mashed together with three Imperial Knights and a few other things. Looking to expand this heresy in the future and work out kinks of the army lists. For the Allfather!

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
I had a response that said it would be "late this year" that all models would be available.

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
  • Chapter Name: Lamenters

After seeing that "sisters" range from raging heros in person (A friend kickstarterd the whole set etc)...I feel like they look way to busy and just not that great to represent sisters.

Ascetically speaking of course.

Krash

Ad Victoriam

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
I'm only interested in the seraphim alternatives

L0n35urv1v0r

L0n35urv1v0r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
Hello people , im going to order some statuesque-miniatures female heads and i dont "know" the correct size for a estándar marine and Mk III marine.
Can someone help me? Thanks by your help

http://statuesquemin...sortDirection=0

grimsanity

grimsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
Heroic scale

dracpanzer

dracpanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard. 5th Battle Co.
I went for the RH kickstarter solely for the Fantasy Sisters as counts Stormcast Eternals. Too busy for my taste as 40k SoB. Though I do think that if you went with the sci-fi ones you would want to replace the weapons. Those "not bolters" just don't come close to the Godwyn-Deaz and it detracts from the look for me and just SM bolters would be a huge improvement.
gallery_53617_12047_29898.jpg

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 17,730 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hunter Legion

Hello people , im going to order some statuesque-miniatures female heads and i dont "know" the correct size for a estándar marine and Mk III marine.
Can someone help me? Thanks by your help

http://statuesquemin...sortDirection=0

There is a comparison shot page here, should help you out smile.png

gallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_9518_1600.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.pnggallery_30308_3239_4912.pngETL_Medal_04.gif
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Commissar | CSM Daemonettes | =][= Inquisitor | AM Knight | DE Repaint?

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 490 posts
  • Chapter Name: Silent Sword Crusade

I'm going to be using the the new Neave Blacktalon character for AoS as the base for my Cannoness convo. 

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg ETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer K4nh5F7.gif

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

I signal this one:
https://youtu.be/3sbf9oeyDq0

foxlight713

foxlight713

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

Posible alternative jump pack for serephim https://puppetswar.e...?id_product=267

grimsanity

grimsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
I just put in an order for them yesterday lol

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 179 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
Shieldwolf miniatures just started a Kickstarter today. So far it's just space wolf sisters, which look great, but they are teasing a paladin faction that sounds a lot like our beloved sisters of battle. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. https://www.kickstar...eds/description

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 3,000 points

Hertz

Hertz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts

Shieldwolf miniatures just started a Kickstarter today. So far it's just space wolf sisters, which look great, but they are teasing a paladin faction that sounds a lot like our beloved sisters of battle. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. https://www.kickstar...eds/description

Yes, these do indeed look promising, and 50 dollars(+freight) for 40 sisters (+ev. stretchgoals) isn't to bad at all! And plastic is soo much nicer to work with, if you are building a bunch of troops (I know, my latest project is Raging Heroes "Void Elves" ...)
They still haven't revealed much about their sci-fi paladin faction, but there is no way it will not be a almost perfect fit. Finally!
Also, their not-"rhino/predator" isn't to bad, if somewhat wolf wolf wolf, at least those revealed so far! 

https://sketchfab.co...987760e1b202cb0

In my inner eye, I see this painted in white, and the cape red:

https://sketchfab.co...fbc453e6a1df6c0

Also, they are listening for proposals and nitpickings on the comments on kickstarter, so if you join you might be able to add your thoughts.

Edit: Perhaps put this in a separate post on this board, to give everyone that wants boltersisters a chance to see, and participate in the kickstarter? 

Edit2: These things are coming soon in the kickstarter:

7a01c87a4e4f6bbd5cc87c8b91a8e3ae_origina

94MqLEz.jpg

Edited by Hertz, Yesterday, 05:09 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users