Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

I've made a bunch of sisters with the Valkir + female heads combo. They are pretty awesome. The armor looks a bit bulky, but the Valkir models are great to build so it's worth it. They come with some longer "heavy rifles" that I use as meltaguns. I've picked up bits of flamethrowers, combi-meltas, and other stuff to fill in the gaps.

One annoying thing is making some with heavy bolters. I don't like how the weapons of the Valkir heavies look. I tried to stitch together a heavy bolter from a devastator squad, but I gave up.

I've seen some pics (which I cant find right now) of heavy weapons sisters using the Valkir Support models (shown below). seems easy enough to get what you want either using what they have or taking SM ones.

http://dreamforge-games.com/products/eisenkern-valkir-support-troopers-redo

I actually think those are the best ones, I've been using that to be a multi-melta. The other four that come with the kit are:

• A weird dual-wield machine gun thing

• A grenade launcher with a rotary clip

• A laser cannon looking thing, which would be cool for space marines but Sisters use HEAT RAYS because heretics need to be burned

• A thing that kind of looks like a heavy support weapon but without the boxiness or bulk of a 40K heavy bolter.

I was thinking looking at the arm gun thingy, you may be able t glue the two parts together and replace the barrel on the heavy support weapon to be a heavy bolter. All you reallyneed is for the gun to be bulked up.

I still think the SM heavy flamer is going to be needed.

I've made a bunch of sisters with the Valkir + female heads combo. They are pretty awesome. The armor looks a bit bulky, but the Valkir models are great to build so it's worth it. They come with some longer "heavy rifles" that I use as meltaguns. I've picked up bits of flamethrowers, combi-meltas, and other stuff to fill in the gaps.

One annoying thing is making some with heavy bolters. I don't like how the weapons of the Valkir heavies look. I tried to stitch together a heavy bolter from a devastator squad, but I gave up.

I've seen some pics (which I cant find right now) of heavy weapons sisters using the Valkir Support models (shown below). seems easy enough to get what you want either using what they have or taking SM ones.

http://dreamforge-games.com/products/eisenkern-valkir-support-troopers-redo

I actually think those are the best ones, I've been using that to be a multi-melta. The other four that come with the kit are:

• A weird dual-wield machine gun thing

• A grenade launcher with a rotary clip

• A laser cannon looking thing, which would be cool for space marines but Sisters use HEAT RAYS because heretics need to be burned

• A thing that kind of looks like a heavy support weapon but without the boxiness or bulk of a 40K heavy bolter.

I was thinking looking at the arm gun thingy, you may be able t glue the two parts together and replace the barrel on the heavy support weapon to be a heavy bolter. All you reallyneed is for the gun to be bulked up.

I still think the SM heavy flamer is going to be needed.

If you can pull it off, I'd love to see it!

Here's a couple Valkir flamethrower alongside a 40K flamer that I got as a bit, for reference.

http://i.imgur.com/T9jnOCT.jpg

If you can get it, the one from the Immolator would be pretty boss.

Good idea. I'm not clever enough to frankenstein those parts together.

It wouldn't be too hard. The Valkir flamers already have foregrips set towards the top of the weapon, so you can easily just lift the right arm a bit;

gallery_52504_11776_59615.jpg

You'll need to add a topper to the right-hand grip or it'll look odd - I suggest the pommel of a SM combat knife, most people have about a thousand of them laying around. You could use the bottom grip off a bolter, too, or basically whatever you think looks good in the end.

Connecting the pipes to the backpack is really easy too, just cut a bit of insulated wire from an old pair of headphones and it'll match the width just about perfectly.

The final sculpts for the following images have yet to be released, these are the ones I hope to use. The rest are pretty much as everyone else has claimed on the negative side. The nuns with guns are ridiculous. I wouldn't touch those models with a ten food pole. However something like these are much more promising:

94111955cc0d77cd718758d6e9120d80.jpg

cb58984df3012a3d38caf150c3e137ee.jpg

6f0a4b74d22d48edd18d226e8814da69.jpg

7a06e4d6200d99c0e4f7420ef959bce6.jpg

Just have to wait and see.

Now they look better (Not perfect, but far less in the Fan Service department). The first two look more suitable as Inquisitors than Sisters though.

Now they look better (Not perfect, but far less in the Fan Service department). The first two look more suitable as Inquisitors than Sisters though.

True, they may still be sporting that ridiculous boobplate design but at least it's far more subdued than the Sororitas standard, so it's less of a sword-trap (hit here to shatter sternum!). Plus asthetically it's closer to classical Greek sculpted-physique armour than the Madonna cone-bra & dominatrix corset combo GW favours, so that's good.

The first concept I agree leans closer to Inquisitor than Canonness, but as for the Chalice Knight I reckon it still could be a Sisterhood unit, make it a bit bigger and it could be a Centurion stand-in (honestly they'd make more sense being used by Sisters than Astartes).

I've wanted Sisters with thunder hammers as their basic weapon for a long time, heh. The Knight of the Chalice and the Regular Sisters Fantasy (ugh, that name though) are actually not bad.

The heroine's pose is awful, and I hate sisters with literal wings, so the other two are out.

I've wanted Sisters with thunder hammers as their basic weapon for a long time, heh. The Knight of the Chalice and the Regular Sisters Fantasy (ugh, that name though) are actually not bad.

The heroine's pose is awful, and I hate sisters with literal wings, so the other two are out.

I always thought that if I did a scratch Celestine with wings, they'd be ethereal (as in glowing to kinda represent her faith in the Emperor, rather than actual feather wings). I'm not keen on the Heroine's pose either. I've always wanted one that is running, their centre of gravity forward somewhat to show them barely able to control the need to throttle a Heretic :wub.: but perhaps that's because how I imagine my Canoness to be if I was truly able to model her.

Aren't Thunder Hammers unwieldy though? Might be a problem in CC, at least until they hit something. Then it's kinda pancakey... :tongue.:

Now those look more promising then the prior ones.  I have to agree with everyone calling them Raging Hormones.  At least these are more tonned back and hit more of a feel we would rather want.  

The hammer ones look like a cool idea.  If you ever wanted to try maybe making terminator sisters or something.

Aren't Thunder Hammers unwieldy though? Might be a problem in CC, at least until they hit something. Then it's kinda pancakey... :tongue.:

An Eviscerators aren't? :tongue.:

I get the...point.

I'll see myself out :ph34r.:

• 1 month later...

I don't think so. Besides having wrong weapons, it doesn't really give the vibe of bulky power armour. GW models have thicker limbs than proportionately scaled bodies, add armour on top of that and you'll have anorexic looking models. This is why you get good looking (IMHO) Sisters from models that are superheavy infantry in other games:

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52847-Non-GW-Plastic-Sisters-of-Battle&p=475852&viewfull=1#post475852

http://i.imgur.com/7IBefcF.jpg Here's what my sister's look like. I used the dreamforge bodies, statuesque miniatures heads, and backpacks/weapons from actual space marines.
Good news is that Statuesque Miniatures just released a second series of heads too. Now you can have a bit more variety without having to resort to the hats/bald options.

http://i.imgur.com/7IBefcF.jpg Here's what my sister's look like. I used the dreamforge bodies, statuesque miniatures heads, and backpacks/weapons from actual space marines.

Good news is that Statuesque Miniatures just released a second series of heads too. Now you can have a bit more variety without having to resort to the hats/bald options.

do you run them as SM? I spy missile launchers and lascannons

Archived