Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

http://i.imgur.com/7IBefcF.jpg Here's what my sister's look like. I used the dreamforge bodies, statuesque miniatures heads, and backpacks/weapons from actual space marines.

Good news is that Statuesque Miniatures just released a second series of heads too. Now you can have a bit more variety without having to resort to the hats/bald options.

do you run them as SM? I spy missile launchers and lascannons

Half of them are counts as space wolves. My army is half sisters and half wolves, but I keep them all looking the same for aesthetics.

I'm just waiting on that kickstarter to close or whatever their doing with it so I can get a few different models from it. I have one I plan on using for a canoness, and a group of 5 of their robot Valkyrie girls I'm gonna use as wulfen.

These just hit the interweb today, these miniatures should be in the wild by the end of the year.

c6951f865fdfc1ead17bb68831ef2d85_origina

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loudnraging/tgg2-light-and-darkness/posts/1548442

But still, this isn't power armour. Obviously you can use them, but I will be sticking with the GW sculpts.

I think it looks power armour enough. That's not my problem with it. It's the "I'm going into battle wearing hooker boots. " vibe.

I do however like the cowl/habit. And I love the gothic cathedral Windows behind her head

I feel like their named units would make good HQ's. Various different canonesses for your army and such. The design of most of them is probably how the sisters would look these days if they were developed under 5 years ago.

You would have to chop off the feet at the ankles and greenstuff them into flats...cause those heels are tall. I doubt you could work the existing model into flat shoes. Call me crazy though, but I actually like the high heeled nuns in power armor vibe. It makes them feel more badass for being able to run and fight in active combat while in heels. I'd like to see a Space Marine do that and still have unwavering faith in the emperor!

med_gallery_55261_5223_92355.jpg

I am really glad they went back to the drawing board for the sisters because the literal nuns with guns design was not doing it for me. This looks waaay more badass. I love that helmet!

You would have to chop off the feet at the ankles and greenstuff them into flats...cause those heels are tall. I doubt you could work the existing model into flat shoes. Call me crazy though, but I actually like the high heeled nuns in power armor vibe. It makes them feel more badass for being able to run and fight in active combat while in heels. I'd like to see a Space Marine do that and still have unwavering faith in the emperor!

It makes them look ceremonial and decorative, you mean.

Besides, Blanche drew primarchs in high heels, so you can actually see that :p

Know what bugs me in these images? That sharp angle in the magazine.

It's funny, but when they were straight, box, or sickle shaped I found it easier to accept that they must have extra dimensional extensions on them to hold enough rounds for an engagement given the bore of a bolter.

The hooker boot foot angle might be easier to work if you can find some double pistol figures in the range to approximate 'phim and put wires into their toes to elevate them. Then you might be able to just cut the heels off? If you look at 'phim feet they're already on a serious pitch. Dunno, the feet might still look strangely shaped with up turned toes and tall arches and insteps?

Maybe stare at some detail phots of runners and compare how their feet look just before liftoff? If you restrict yourself to only appropriately running posed models you might be able to just cut the heels off with no further modifications.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The old sickle/curved ones made sense to a degree, but the one at 45 degrees? She'd spend more time clearing the chamber if she doesn't get her head blown off whilst distracted.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The old sickle/curved ones made sense to a degree, but the one at 45 degrees? She'd spend more time clearing the chamber if she doesn't get her head blown off whilst distracted.

It is not unlike the magazines for AR-15's that use 7.62x39 (AK ammunition). That said, I wouldn't call that a desirable trait since that only occurs bc its making two things that weren't designed to go together work (sometimes, there kinda finicky). 

Even with the flaws of that kickstarter, I'm still pumped for some actual models to arrive in my mailbox. I've been waiting for a year or something for this bloody thing. I'll be one to remove high heels though.

Update just hit this morning from RH. St. Celestine Reboot looks good, just needs some cherubs.

It kinda baffles me that GW is just looking at this stuff and not thinking, "oh this is all money that we could have gotten if we updated the Sisters". I mean, the kickstarter got 800K in pledges, and they're still getting people to throw money at them. I like the updated look of these in many ways, and taken as a whole, given the more egregious errors RH has made on these (nothing any dedicated player can't fix, and fix we MUST), they're still new sculpts with modern production behind it. These I am particularly looking forward to these as the one thing I have always disliked about the Seraphim is the poses and those dangly feet.

http://i.imgur.com/PUyRo2M.jpg

41a97189710e7e395915f7d88734f023_origina

Hate those Jump packs, they look like something an Eldar Bonesinger would wear... and what's with the belly-flop pose?

They're also going to have the same sort of units but with angel wings. I believe those ones come with melee weapons though..like sword and shields and things.

Not really seeing anything of the new Raging Heroes stuff that makes me want to buy these. I admit cowls and the stained glass decor is neat, but the rest doesn't really fit in with my army.

Hate those Jump packs, they look like something an Eldar Bonesinger would wear... and what's with the belly-flop pose?

They're also going to have the same sort of units but with angel wings. I believe those ones come with melee weapons though..like sword and shields and things.

That's even worse. Ugh, feathers on Sisters is just wrong.

That's even worse. Ugh, feathers on Sisters is just wrong.

They're both just overly fancy jump packs I believe. Plus I bet it wouldn't be hard to put some regular jump packs on them instead.

Missed this skimming through earlier. The curve is a little hard (likely due to scale) but it's not too far off from how some magazines bend. The M16/M4 5.56mm 30 round magazines (top row of the spoilered image below) bend a lot like that as the top portion feeds in straight into the magazine well (perpendicular to the bolt of the weapon) and then it curves forward to allow it to sit lower when in the prone. So it's a touch exaggerated but this one I'll chalk up to more of a case of "reality is unrealistic".

http://i.imgur.com/8b0SORQ.jpg

Archived