A Blade once broken, Is reforged. (Terminator Scheme Redux)

Well I am back again, hopefully a better performance than last year.

If you want to read my Index Astartes <--- Click there smile.png.

For this years ETL I will focus mainly on the 3rd Company of the Blades of Alaric.

My hope is for a Battle Demi-Company but I will not vow it in one go, in the steps of Immortal Slacker... Slow and steady.

OK hopefully these pictures are better...

And I will introduce the Cream Terror of New Mannheim smile.png

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/WP_20160612_14_29_10_Rich_zpsnq4pt1jk.jpg

Second that!

I'll offer up a note for comment. Instead of white use the bone you have on the chest eagles.

From my own experience, the white is too stark and clashes with the typical dark scheme commonly used for the Unforgiven.

With all that being said, I am talking to the Master of the Red Unforgiven and lightning may strike twice and you can make the white look awesome! You have the talent and skill to pull it off.

Second that!

I'll offer up a note for comment. Instead of white use the bone you have on the chest eagles.

From my own experience, the white is too stark and clashes with the typical dark scheme commonly used for the Unforgiven.

With all that being said, I am talking to the Master of the Red Unforgiven and lightning may strike twice and you can make the white look awesome! You have the talent and skill to pull it off.

The Chapter symbol and squad markings will be white it will work ;)

That is some great looking red marines!  Thank goodness they aren't Blood Angles.  The question is, what are you doing for photography?  I can never seem to get results like your picture.

That is some great looking red marines!  Thank goodness they aren't Blood Angles.  The question is, what are you doing for photography?  I can never seem to get results like your picture.

Blind luck regarding the photography... I think my photography skills suck ass... I use macro and ISO 100, switch lightning to daylight alot of messing with settings.

I'm loving that red! If I may ask, what's your mixture?

Those aquila's are done pretty neat as well.

Its just Khorne Red, Devlan Mud (recess), highlight Evil Sunz Scarlet then Wild Rider Red smile.png

That's weird. I use the same coulours, but my results aren't as sexy as your marines.

I'm loving that red! If I may ask, what's your mixture?

Those aquila's are done pretty neat as well.

Its just Khorne Red, Devlan Mud (recess), highlight Evil Sunz Scarlet then Wild Rider Red smile.png

That's weird. I use the same coulours, but my results aren't as sexy as your marines.

I really don't know what to say, I thin my paints, use Tamiya Matt Black as undercoat.

My plan for white I don't think is working to well, the Tactical symbol I dont think is good as green... I am thinking going back to the Yellow I had originally.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/IMG_20160417_140024_zpsogey2pwt.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/IMG_20160417_140044_zpsoszzn1oq.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/_57%206_zpsrj6yxxph.jpg

I think i have tried too hard when what I had worked really well.

Moral of the story.... If it's not broke don't fix it.

I really like the white chapter symbol, but I don't think the Tac symbol worked in green either. I think if you do the Tac symbol in yellow with a black squad number, it would look really nice!

If you are up to a really crazy idea, I don't remember if you were doing bone/white helms on your veterans/veteran sergeants, but if you want to make them really stand out, would you consider a yellow pauldron inset background, with black squad marking and white squad number? I think it would really make them stand out for you.

I really like the white chapter symbol, but I don't think the Tac symbol worked in green either. I think if you do the Tac symbol in yellow with a black squad number, it would look really nice!

If you are up to a really crazy idea, I don't remember if you were doing bone/white helms on your veterans/veteran sergeants, but if you want to make them really stand out, would you consider a yellow pauldron inset background, with black squad marking and white squad number? I think it would really make them stand out for you.

Yeah I am going to revisit the Bone Helmets for Sergs and Vets :). I am gonig to paint up 4 shoulder pads I will incorporate your ideas.

I'm not a big fan of the transfers. They mess too much with the emblem. But if you're going to use them anyway, I sugest you don't use the black ones. I find they are too hard to notice.

Overall, I really like pad 'B'. Lovely yellow colour.

EDIT: on second thought, the transfers aren't that bad looking on pad 'A' & 'B'. If you can get rid of the gloss ofcourse.

Archived