A Blade once broken, Is reforged. (Terminator Scheme Redux)

I think Bryan has hit the nail on the head with his suggestion of a for the normal dudes and B for the vets.

Have you tried using micro set and micro sol? the set helps to pull the transfers on to the surface and the sol softens them right up so they conform to the surface detail (a word of warning though, first they go really crinkly and odd. Don't touch them at this point, it all sorts itself out in an hour or so. I did touch them first time I used micro sol and ended up with a gooey mess every where)  

Your wife's nail polish remover is the same ingredient (acetone) and cheaper, gloss varnish, transfer, nail polish (once only), wait until crinkles disappear, more gloss varnish to seal, matt spray when mini finished. msn-wink.gif

EDIT: Definitely the white option!!! They look meaner and less toy soldierish

Here is the new Bone helmets which Sergeants (with White stripe) and Vet will have.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/IMG_20160418_145844_zpsl5dgi7yw.jpg

Regarding the Pads, the yellow is out tongue.png its too much for me. I might however do the shoulder pads of vets Bone as well (test model soon). A seems to be the sensible choice it adds colour without being overwhelming, I like the white too Stobz but I think I need colour.

I love bone helmets, and yours looks amazing!  Is that Ushabti Bone you used?

Be carefull with bone shoulderpads, your vets could be mistaken for Blood Ravens.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MjnVgt43/BloodRavenMarine.jpg

http://img15.deviantart.net/6cf9/i/2013/132/a/0/blood_raven_by_fonteart-d64zosp.jpg

I love bone helmets, and yours looks amazing! Is that Ushabti Bone you used?

Be carefull with bone shoulderpads, your vets could be mistaken for Blood Ravens.

If I do them I would do the whole pad, I thought the exact same thing as you did smile.png

Yeah with Screaming Skull and White, and the White stripe for a sergeant.

Here is the new Bone helmets which Sergeants (with White stripe) and Vet will have.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/IMG_20160418_145844_zpsl5dgi7yw.jpg

Regarding the Pads, the yellow is out tongue.png its too much for me. I might however do the shoulder pads of vets Bone as well (test model soon). A seems to be the sensible choice it adds colour without being overwhelming, I like the white too Stobz but I think I need colour.

You have colour!!! and your 'white/bone' noggin on that dude is excellent! It is a colour too.

Limited palette schemes look best, Full Stop. Period. HA!

That doesn't mean just slap two colours on and walk away, as you know each one is layers of goodness; it means visually clean without clashes and distractions. Just like that guy^^

Thanks man smile.png

I am thinking of taking the green of the weapons too, and sticking to Grey highlighted black. The green is too much I think.

Too bad, I kinda liked the green on your weapons. But who knows, maybe the black will look even better on your guys.

Well I'm a bit conflicted now, I like green casings on weapons (not that that should be a huge surprise)  but i trust your instincts give it a whirl. As for the rest I liked the yellow on the test pad but if its overwhelmed the model then its best left out. I'm really looking forward to seeing this squad finished I'm loving what you've got so far..  

I'd keep the knife scabbards green, little bits like that 'compliment' the main effort as a great excuse for a personalizing spot colour on a mini or two. I personally would keep the bolter and other regular weapon casings a bit less interesting so they don't distract from the mini itself. Black is always an option msn-wink.gif

Archived