Chmur's Consecrators - UPDATE! FINALLY.

Chmur

Custom dice is life. It always shocks new people when they see my custom DA dice (green-black-white). Was every cent invested.

Like the way you organized the chapter and companies. I'm doing something similar to track my progress, definitely gonna steal your idea :)

• 3 weeks later...

So, after spending last 2 weeks painting 20 Primaris marines (2x Hellblasters, 2x Intercessors) I can safely say I am definitely not a guy to do batch painting. I now fully believe my model-per-session cap is 5 models. Will try to push it with the next line up of 6 Inceptors.

As it stands I am EXTREMELY behind on both painting challenges - so far behind that I will most likely never ever participate in any again, as it turns out my life is so unpredictable I should never commit to anything :(

Anyways, chugging along on my Primaris Ancient banner:

NxRavwL.jpg

You did the same thing as me with the banner but I cut off the halo and laurels then added the chapter emblem, looks good.

As for challenges I am lagging behind, I keep getting distracted by other projects, I mean the primaris are fun to paint but infantry just has its bad moments for me when it becomes too repetitive.

You did the same thing as me with the banner but I cut off the halo and laurels then added the chapter emblem, looks good.

Well, the banner and Consecrators round logo pretty much begs to be done this way. Was thinking about just doing transfer, but due to the bending of the banner I decided that GS is far better.

As well found a brand new method of doing chapter symbols easily - before I was recasting my Pop goes the monkey vehicle insignia with Miliput to glue them on, but since I have obtained Blue stuff to recast small bits and pieces (extremely useful when magnetizing things that have limited 1-of for the carrier parts). Since GS does not stick to Blue stuff and Blue stuff is more "silicony/rubbery" it is very easy to trim the cast made into BS and load just the right amount of GS and simply "stamp" it over onto shoulderpad. Same way the banner has been done. 

As for the laurels - I was thinking about trimming the laurels, but decided not to on this banner, as I consider Primaris to be less traditional when they entered my Consecrators, and I assume their company banner is probably very valued relic that, given their crusading with Ultrasmurf Girlyman, is heavily affected by Ultrasmurf aesthetics.

So, with no time to spare, my wife understood the gravity of situation, the severity of vow broken and unfulfilled, and agreed to leave me alone until end of the month so I can try and finish my challenge vows.

At this moment I am rather confident I can make it in time...

This is where I started - Lieutenants primed and this fella just gray plastic tied together with poster putty. Up on the corks with him!

WY8qbPx.jpg

Phase 2 - cloak finished and shaded, helmet base work ready for washing. Black models lined up for zenital highlighting:

xkSXVUT.jpg

Phase 3 - airbrushing stage completed, brush time!

okQVUPK.jpg

Finishing the night with black oil wash to have it dry overnight. Shame I realised I shouldve bloody painted my metals before the wash only after I had everything washed.

29cNrZh.jpg

Challenges complete. Very proud I have managed. Some babbling and few more photos in the blog post.

Tiguel, The Unwavering - Champion of 1st Company, Consecrators

http://i.imgur.com/sjZ2UQK.jpg

1st- Lieutenant-Brother Yoab, Consecrators chapter, 2nd in command of 6th Strike Company

http://i.imgur.com/atx5JFl.jpg

2nd-Lieutenant-Brother Mal'akhi, Consecrators chapter, Acting officer of 6th Strike Company Rear-Echelon support group

http://i.imgur.com/m6crKGT.jpg

Awesome job! You must have really busted some midnight oil to get these dudes done and they look fantastic. I'm only slightly jealous of the speed you can turn out quality like this... 

Thanks. I am not really painting to any high standard and definitely not clean enough even to my liking (in general), but I would say the minis look alright from the "usual" distance. I have to say I was very surprised how quickly this went - there actually was no need to pull any long hours. I think this is mostly caused by Primaris Marines being so big that even the detail work is far easier with more room to place and wiggle your brush.

So, after painting rush I decided I will do some building. I need Dark Talon for my tournament and there are really not many magnetising tutorials, so I guessed I could do one. I started the building project...

Little did I know I will have to do the cockpit first.

aXp1ifj.jpg

Finished magnetizing the Dark Talon / Jetfighter. Nabbed out on one portion of the process, but generally it was very fun thing to do. Painting is over the weekend, now I am only thinking about pinning the wings so I can transport this one (and those that will come in future) easier.

Blog post - Magnets, Dark Talons and Jetfighters with more pictures and steps taken, magnet dimensions etc.

XTpOvKk.jpg

That's quite the level of detail in the cockpit - thumbs up and job well done on that.

Wild project to magnetize a jet fighter / dark talon, but cudos for pulling it off.

I'll have to pain mine at some point within the next 6 months or so - with a painted cockpit, no glass painting like loads of people do.

That's quite the level of detail in the cockpit - thumbs up and job well done on that.

Wild project to magnetize a jet fighter / dark talon, but cudos for pulling it off.

I'll have to pain mine at some point within the next 6 months or so - with a painted cockpit, no glass painting like loads of people do.

Cheers. The magnetizing is actually really fairly easy - most of the surfaces are big enough, nested and/or flat so they align nicely. Next up is to magnetize Darkshroud - that I feel as bit of a challenge :D

• 3 weeks later...

So, since magnetizing the Dark Talon I have managed to paint about 1500 points to a "Tabletop" quality for tournament this weekend. This pisses me off immensely as I am such completionist that I hate having to revisit the models because they are not done. But serves me right for trying to come up with fluffy competetive list and not going just competetive,realising it will not work and having to buy whole new set of models to be painted to smash faces in. I will be posting pictures of the army as soon as I process the finishing touches, but I would like to share a creation of my wife who helped me immensely this week by doing my bases. Here Darktalon and Darkshroud. Again, not to the level I am happy with, but good enough for a weekender tabletop!

bFaiNUl.jpg

Well, I am back from tournament. With the 5 games played there I have definitely less than 20 total games of Warhammer 40K under my belt now, and game 8 in 8th edition. 

The tournament was a blast and I can say I am definitely going to attend more in 2018 - along with Prague Open in the spring if anyone thinks about going :smile.: The big post about the tournament will be coming soon (albeit a blogpost link only).

Now I want to share my "quickscouts" - scouts painted in 4 hours time to a standard I was not hoping for, really. In order to keep the spirit of the fullpaint for the tournament, I chucked out these guys. Will have to revisit and finish them soon so I can varnish them and be happy about it.

Pictures follow below, blogpost with few more words here

bvldUHI.jpg

VHoPweM.jpg

JHLYJlu.jpg

And a teaser shot of my army...

j1VsuoN.jpg

Can I commission your wife to paint my bases? They look great!

Also, what's up with all those painted models we haven't seen before? I DEMAND more detailed pictures, damn you!

The Tournament looks like fun, but the choice of mat/poster to play on is horrible. 

Can I commission your wife to paint my bases? They look great!

Also, what's up with all those painted models we haven't seen before? I DEMAND more detailed pictures, damn you!

The Tournament looks like fun, but the choice of mat/poster to play on is horrible. 

No, she is full with orders to do mine :biggrin.:

The models are not finished - they still need work before I am happy with them and as I was painting for the past 2 weeks in all spare time, I will eventually get around to posting pics as I finish them to my likeness. The thing that pisses me off that most of that 2 weeks I didn't have working camera so I was unable to capture WIPs. But oh well.

But the pictures are coming in the next weeks, I promise - they look okayish from this distance, but not ready for studio shots :smile.: It hink they stole it from the guys that came along to watch games and play the odd games of Star Wars in the adjacent room :)

That was actually the "ugliest" table there, only one with 4x4 mat so not even covering full table. Given the effort the TO put into it and that we had 20 tables, it's easily forgiven, even by the Unforgiven (that amused me more than it should). 

WIP-shots are acceptable mate, feed us morsels in anticipation of the main course.

Question, did you ever order Consecrator-transfers for your guys?

The chapter customizer ones were actually in today's mail. Not sure how they perform. But the service and speed of the order was abysmal. Placed and paid on 16th August. Shipped last week, 2 weeks after first and only reply to my email about order status (4th reminder) and I guess only because I asked him to refund and cancel the order.

I was using self-made (printed) decals of the sheets that are here on Bolter and Chainsword and most likely will keep using them. Just a matter of finding a print shop that can print white.

Actually all my standard Primaris and the lieutenants in this thread are decals. Primaris rank and file here :

https://consecratorsproject.wordpress.com/2017/10/03/batch-painting-is-not-for-me/

As requested by GRC, here are some sneak peaks for WIPs. Didn't use my light above my lightbox so there is uneven lightning from one side (window) and the replacement phone camera is still :cusse. 

15 scouts

KBAEsHt.jpg

A tactical squad I do not recall the name of and since I left my spreadsheet at work... well:

Wf44ic9.jpg

Rhino/Razorback, name TBD:

AdyveF4.jpg

Righteous - this one has a name and already a backstory (from tournament), coming on the blog tomorrow.

gGw742h.jpg

Dark Talon:

K0XBHL0.jpg

DarkShroud:

JKEVnTo.jpg

Techmarine on bike with custom Phoebos pattern bolters (he made them himself!). Magnetized to have both full harness or just servo-arm:

lhvwJIq.jpg

yJaFObS.jpg

Now onto the "seriously long-term WIPs"

Grand Master Nakir (Azrael counts-as). I am trying to get his fluff description as close as possible while remaining true to the original Azrael pose. I have Azrael model ordered and coming soon, so the weapon arm will get replaced fully by the original one, and I will most likely convert the original banner. Somehow.

dRtcsc2.jpg

A hasty byproduct of having too much paint in airbrush/testing Librarian colour scheme - as I wanted to go more in the way of black-blue than radiant blues to keep the army somehow coherent. The result is absolutely astonishing and I cannot wait to get more details on the guy - the shading is 100% the best work I've done with airbrush so far.

4S9MHbz.jpg

And, sneak peak of my test scheme for my 30K army - so far in planning stage, then modelling and maybe in a year a playing stage.

QCea7p4.jpg

Nice! How much colour do plan to add to your guys? If I may make a sugestion, red weaponcasings add a crapload of colour to a model while the guy can be practically entirely black.

Love the Librarian, is that a FW-model?

Using 30K gear for 40K and using Primaris for 30K made me chuckle :biggrin.:

Archived