Chmur's Consecrators - UPDATE! FINALLY.

Chmur

Nice! How much colour do plan to add to your guys? If I may make a sugestion, red weaponcasings add a crapload of colour to a model while the guy can be practically entirely black.

Love the Librarian, is that a FW-model?

Using 30K gear for 40K and using Primaris for 30K made me chuckle :biggrin.:

Not really planing on adding color to them. The tacticals need just leather bits and purity seals and I consider them done. I have all my weapon casings black so I am going to keep it like it is. I do not think the red casings suit the visual style I am trying to build, I am trying to make the models not pop, really going towards the original 30K scheme (usually with steel or black casings).

The Librarian is FW model, yes, it's Sevrin Loth (Scorpions) with chapter insignias replaced. Originally was supposed to be a Ezekiel counts-as, but then someone here posted the Ezekiel conversion out of Dark Vengeance Balthasar, so I am doing that for Ezekiel and this will be a standard Librarian.

30K gear for Consecrators is absolutely fine and even prefered in my books ;) and the Primaris was just the only model I had "spare" at that time to be silly and test out the Alpha Legion colours on :D

Last tournament post is up - below the fluff part of the report

Veteran-Brother Daniel sat in the cupola of Righteous, a Predator tank he had been commanding for over four centuries. The cupola of Righteous bore proudly displayed Terminator honors of Veteran-Brother Daniel and the best gunner he ever had – Brother Ramael. Ramael has been part of the crew since Battle of Dermisa close to two centuries back and the two together were able to take down many a great foe. It wasn’t for nothing that the barrel of their ancient Autocannon has been designated with 3 marksman badges. But Veteran-Brother Daniel was sure their duty to Lion will soon end. As he looked out of the observation slit in his cupola, he saw Lord of Khorne charging at him and the Ultramarine predator next to him. Despite loosing many laser lances in his direction and mortally wounding him with Righteous’ cannon, the demon engine was still advancing at them. Even though Daniel saw many feats of Chaos champions and constructs, shrugging off blows and wounds that would fell a man, Space Marine even, this was little bit too much even for his liking. The end was nigh, he felt as he voxed the crew of Righteous his final command.

“Give him hell, loose with all weapons!! Stay true to Emperor! Only in death does duty end!”

“For the Lion and honor of the First!” came back unisono reply of the crew. They had a brief moment to let loose the last shots their guns had ready before the warp machine was upon them.

Lightning fast, it tore the Ultramarines tank into halves with its massive daemonic axe. Righteous was the next to die, that much was clear. The machine spirit of the Predator was already diminished and wounded by the long battle campaign at Oasian 2 and their last battle against the daemons have drained the last reserves of its power. There was nothing they could do at this point but buy their reinforcements more time to arrive, to hold out as long as possible to distract the daemonic engine.

With the Lord of Skulls recovering from the blow to kill the first Predator, the crew of Righteous was poring shot after shot at him point-blank. It was during this time of the daemon’s recover and reading another blow that Ramael noticed something at the scanners and sensors of his target array displays.

“Brothers!” he yelled out, “Do you see what I see? There is a hole punched by our previous fire unto him! His hull is breached at lower midsection!”

“As uplifting as the thought we hurt it is, Ramael, what good does that do us?” asked Marnar, the Techmarine piloting Righteous.

“We can… YOU can drive up there and we can overload the power core of Righteous to critical and blow the thing back to Warp!” said Ramael.

Before any response could come from Marnar, Daniel voxed order to the Techmarine to advance as close to the tear as possible while he will overload the cores.

Righteous made his suicide run about halfway to the daemon before it was caught by the swing of the massive axe, mangled and rolled towards the daemon engine like a discarded toy. The turret has been ripped off clean, with only the lower half of Daniels torso tumbling into the compartment, covering Ramael in blood and intestines as he was thrown about the inside of the tank.

As soon as the motion stopped, Ramael looked out of where used to be a turret of Righteous, close to the seething wound in the daemon engine’s hull.

“Marnar…” he sighed with his last breaths, trying to raise his battle brother. “Marnar… the dull thing blasted us into position. Overlo-..”

And then there was silence.

Only in the driver’s compartment a hand clad in power-armour moved towards a switch on the control board.

Twitching with dying effort, Marnar pushed the switch.

As the Lord of Skulls has been starting to push through the debris of tanks towards it’s next victim, the destroyed tank exploded next to it’s hull. The explosion of Righteous’ blew inwards into the daemon. And then, almost surreal, the huge lumbering engine of death stopped, slumbered and remained motionless as the daemonic presence fled it’s dying body back to the Immaterium.

(Khorne Lord of Skulls charged both Predators, two wounds left on LoS; took off both Predator tanks, neither exploded. I used my last CP to reroll the last explosion, hitting 6 and taking that thing with it on roll of 4 for 2 mortal wounds)

• 2 months later...

And a campaign fluff for my army. I start with Primaris Lt, 10 Intercessors, 5 Hellblasters, Redemptor Dreadnought and Aggressors. Later additions will be Repulsor, some HQs, more Hellblasters and Intercessors and some Reivers, up to a 2K point of Primaris Company. So plenty of painting and WIPs are coming!

+Database access+

++Identity check++

++Brother Lieutenant Lahore, Consecrators 6th Company, Strike Force designation – Winged Flame“++

++Identity Confirmed. Database acccess granted. Pulling requested data for querry: Stehmahr III, Bastion Sector, Ultima Segmentum++

Lahore’s helmet visor filled with a recent pict capture of Stehmahr III, third planet of Stehmahr system. The pict was already few years old, captured by Administratum vessel on it’s census run through the system. At the point of taking the pict, Stehmahr III’s lapse in meeting the Imperial Tithe has been considered nothing more than a single generational lapse, as could be expected with a world like this. Reading through the rich history of Stehmahr III, Lahore learned a lot about the culture and layout of the planet; originally an agri-world, its position just outside the main trade routes through Bastion Sector guaranteed Stehmahr III almost ideal situation for development. In the past millenia three major hive cities formed and grew in the provinces of Presham, Witburia and Vidpinskaya Zemya, developing forges to manufacture steel bars out of iron ore found and mined from the two uninhabitable planets in the system – Stehmahr I and VII. While the remainder of the planet still retained it’s agri-world nature, Lahore could already see Stehmahr III following the same path that it’s sister planet, Stehmahr II have. In the following centuries, more and more industrial capacity will be formed on Stehmahr III’s surface, until the planet capacity is full and the Imperium will move to the next planet in the system – repeating the cycle that brought the industry to Stehmahr III in first place. But not yet. Currently, Stehmhar III was in that strange place of lull, being past it’s agri-world prime, but not yet fully developed hive-world. And it’s the history of this transition that Brother-Lieutenant Lahore of Consecrators chapter considered to be the main culprit of the troubles on the planet.

First reports of Stehmahr III tithe contribution falling short of Imperial quotes came some 25 years ago, in 198.M42. The Imperial response was quite mild at that time, at least compared to the usual way Imperium reacted to such shortcomings. New planetary governor has been installed, some 40 years old upstart, no doubt a third or fourth son of an ancient Terran house, a career politic by the record of his positions through various Imperial institutions to that point – Lord Governor Hesem Zeika. Reading through the remembrancer recollections of the first years of Lord Governor’s Zeika rule over Stehmahr III, Lahore couldn’t hold back the disdain he immediately felt for the noble Lord Governor. While Hesem Zeika was a welcome change to the previous Governor, allowing the former noble houses to participate in the ruling of Stehmahr III, he completely failed to improve the tithe quotas failures. Lahore didn’t really understand politics and he had no idea how Lord Governor Hesem Zeika managed to retain his position for this long. He could probably access the databases of all various Imperial inquiries, year after year where he would no doubt find very crafty excuses of Hesem Zeika, promising improvement next year... But alas, Brother-Lieutenant Lahore had better ways to use his time. He needed the information relevant to planning the insertion of his patrol element of Company Master Kedrial’s Strike force of Consecrator’s 6th Battle Company.

With this goal firmly set in his mind, Lahore read further the planetary report. During the rule of Lord Governor Hesem Zeika not only the tithe submission has remained lacking, but Lahore could already see a certain pattern rising, reading various incidents of local insurgency and crime rising up not only through the new hive-cities, but as well through the countryside.

The culmination of these „incidents“ came in 205.M42, when a portion of the planetary militia in Bavegore province started a rebellion against the Imperial Government. This is as well the year when the history of Stehmahr III records the disappearance of Lord Governor Hesem Zeika, who, apparently, threw a great celebration once the rebellion has been supressed and after retiring to his chambers early that evening, was nowhere to be found the following day and shortly thereafter Stehmahr III has been faced with increase in insurgency attacks on it’s main infrastructures and centres of power. With proper Imperial figurehead missing, the insurgency took root. Despite several reports of the astropathic choir about sending out requests for help to the Imperium, Imperial archives recorded the receipt of these messages with delay of a year.

Lahore noted this fact, as unreliability of astropathic messages could be mission critical, but paid no more attention to the delay. Messages sent through the warp tended to get sometimes... lost or delayed. Just like ships. After the messages reached the Imperium, a proper response has been mounted. Three regiments of Astra Militarum forces has been dispatched to Stehmahr III, 315 Catachan Regiment, better known for their moniker - The Rippers; 24th Vostroyan Firstborn Regiment and 17th Cadian Artilery regiment, the Siegebreakers. The new role of new Lord Governor has fallen to General-Colonel Yevgenij Zaitsev from the Vostroyan Firstborn.

For the past five years, Lord Governor Zaitsev was doing his best to stabilize the planet, but despite the best effort of the forces dispatched to Stehmahr III and despite his non-questionable prowess in war-craft, the situation on Stehmahr III has not improved – quite the opposite. The iron rule of the General, while fully extinguising any will for the population to rebel, has cause strange non-Imperial cults to rise up and apparently the remainder of the rebel forces, those that were not killed in combat or captured to be exemplary executioned, have retreated to the rural regions of the planet, coincidentally aligning with rise of pirate attacks on main planetary trade routes. And while that was not enough to warrant more than more Astra Militarum forces to be dispatched to reinforce General Zaitsev’s forces, recent sightings of Heretic Astartes forces in the system, as well as various Xenos races, despicable breeds and traitors drawn to the destabilized planet like moths to a flickering flame, reported by the planetary government forced the nearby Adeptus Astartes chapters to translate into Stehmahr system with utmost haste. Strike force of Consecrator’s 6th company has been one of them, Brother-Lieutenant’s Lahore orders being to lead the patrol insertion force into the province of Chetduryn to establish a foothold and investiage the most recent report of Xenos sightings.

Considering all that he learned about Stehmahr III in the past hour, Lahore thought hard that even the current Imperium forces en-route to the system might not be enough.

Looks great, Chmur. I especially like that the campaign rewards both painting and gaming, seems like a great way to give everyone more opportunities to contribute.

The influence of the planetary government, noble houses etc is really cool too. In practice I wonder if it is a little too complicated, but if it works out I think it will be fantastic.

Not sure if you have plans in place for the big apocalypse game at the end or if you want to let the narrative of the campaign dictate it, but one idea might be to get together a few models representing the government, cults etc and let them give bonuses on the table to the army that controls them in the campaign - for example, a Guildmaster gets you the best guns, and hands out reroll 1s within 6", while the Planetary Governor gives you an extra CP. Something like that anyway.

Looks great, Chmur. I especially like that the campaign rewards both painting and gaming, seems like a great way to give everyone more opportunities to contribute.

The influence of the planetary government, noble houses etc is really cool too. In practice I wonder if it is a little too complicated, but if it works out I think it will be fantastic.

Not sure if you have plans in place for the big apocalypse game at the end or if you want to let the narrative of the campaign dictate it, but one idea might be to get together a few models representing the government, cults etc and let them give bonuses on the table to the army that controls them in the campaign - for example, a Guildmaster gets you the best guns, and hands out reroll 1s within 6", while the Planetary Governor gives you an extra CP. Something like that anyway.

Thanks. To comment on your points:

Point 1

I really tried to come up with a system that allows all sorts of participation and does not limit playing with only what has been painted (in order to get most games for everyone) and at the same time to allow for as much possible time flexibility and drop-outs as possible.

Point 2

The influence table is... complicated until you explain it for the first time and show it in practice. Yes, there still is some hand-holding to be done and adjustments and explanations in the event group on facebook, but so far so good. I believe in the first 2 months of just painting everyone will get the hang of it, it's not that complicated. As well, it's actually great having these NPC factions and players advancing the storyline for story itself, not rewards. Which ties us into the last point you mentioned:

Influence rewards. I am still having in my mind the possibility to create a rewards/boons for faction with most influence etc. So far I am thinking unique stratagems or on the table bonuses. This is slippery slope though, as I want the participants to enjoy the story and not just hoard points towards "best" rewards. So my line of thinking at the moment is, that I will see how it develops until ca 1500 game points stage. At that point, or going into that stage, if I see something shaping up, I will create these bonuses and release them for the next gaming round. This will need some careful consideration, as I will have to come up with balanced pros and cons and a way to let players use it without hurting the storytelling of the campaign. For example:

Imagine Imperial government has most influence and I let out the information that whoever pledges to give all the capture points to the goverment in next round, will receive Orbital bombardment ability for free. At this point, everyone pledges to play for NPC faction if Imperial government, which in turn pushes Government influence off the charts.

As I do not want the participants to just go - okay, I am Imperium, I must support government, or the opposite way, okay, I am chaos, must support cultists/pirates - I want them to have the freedom to justify and create fluff for their choices if they choose so, I am treading a fine line. The way I see it, I can either give the top dog and underdog NPC faction pledges bonuses, or, actually, give the bonuses to the weakest faction, as sort of hail-mary effort by the faction, ie:

Imperial Government - final strike bonus = desperate orbital bombardment

Cult - hidden agenda = infiltrate 1 unit

Guild - gold rules = improved weaponry (1 reroll per game round of to hit/wound?)

etc

Still the dilemma comes with how to judge who should be allowed/eligible for these rewards. These are questions that I am actually pondering, so if you have ANY opinions, please share! :)

Point 3:

And final point - the Apoc game - we plan to do Apoc game in the end. I do not want to bring the NPC factions into it that much, but I will definitely put in place a certain game effect depending on who has the majority. Basically NPC hand of god disadvantage for both teams that are fighting the war on Stehmahr over - most probably - much unexpected plot twist - webway or some other artefacty bull:cuss. That will depend on the final signup for the Apoc game. As well, I need an excuse to break out my (at that point hopefully) painted Astraeus Super Heavy :)

Alright - the first stage of work on my Redemptor kit for Campaign is done. As per usual, more detailed information and text in the blog post.

And teaser images for those who can't be bothered... ;)

V77zg8D.jpg

SQAeYkL.jpg

EpNMXjI.jpg

eBPRDEj.jpg

zidXUie.jpg

roR8sHz.jpg

You crazy bugger, seems like you're going all out.

The kit deserves it to be honest and while I made many "new year hobby commitments" as to how much will I paint and complete, I made it my personal aspiration to push the hobby quality and techniques I am currently using to higher levels. 

As well, I learned that green stuff sculpting is actually not that hard! Surprise surprise. So yeah, this will be the first project to try scenic basing, detailed weathering. As soon as that is down, freehands! :D

Sorry Chmur, took a while to get back to you about your campaign as I wanted to have a good think about it.

I think all your points are very valid, but I also think it depends on your playing group. I totally understand concerns about players just supporting factions with the best buffs, or supporting factions they feel like they have to. Maybe (depending on the group) the straightforward way to avoid the latter is to make it clear that players shouldn't feel that way - for instance, an Imperial player might justify their support for a less-than-savoury faction because of planetary politics - they don't support the particular governor in power, for example. Equally, a chaos player might justify supporting the government either because the governor is incompetent (making invasion easier), or because the governor is secretly a double agent.

The former problem is harder to deal with. In theory, there should be a perfect balance to be found, where the benefits are all equal, or where the best buffs are different for each player (e.g., the merchant's guild gives a stratagem that gives plasma weapons +1 damage - the Dark Angel's player won't be incentivised to go for that, as we already have a stratagem for that, but the chaos player might really go for that). Obviously, that's really tricky to balance, and will depend on the armies involved in the campaign. But I'm happy to do some more mulling over if you'd like some ideas on that. But otherwise, a Games Master style watchful eye on how things progress and how the benefits should be handed out is probably the best.

PS, great work on the dread, can't wait to see more!

Sorry Chmur, took a while to get back to you about your campaign as I wanted to have a good think about it.

I think all your points are very valid, but I also think it depends on your playing group. I totally understand concerns about players just supporting factions with the best buffs, or supporting factions they feel like they have to. Maybe (depending on the group) the straightforward way to avoid the latter is to make it clear that players shouldn't feel that way - for instance, an Imperial player might justify their support for a less-than-savoury faction because of planetary politics - they don't support the particular governor in power, for example. Equally, a chaos player might justify supporting the government either because the governor is incompetent (making invasion easier), or because the governor is secretly a double agent.

The former problem is harder to deal with. In theory, there should be a perfect balance to be found, where the benefits are all equal, or where the best buffs are different for each player (e.g., the merchant's guild gives a stratagem that gives plasma weapons +1 damage - the Dark Angel's player won't be incentivised to go for that, as we already have a stratagem for that, but the chaos player might really go for that). Obviously, that's really tricky to balance, and will depend on the armies involved in the campaign. But I'm happy to do some more mulling over if you'd like some ideas on that. But otherwise, a Games Master style watchful eye on how things progress and how the benefits should be handed out is probably the best.

PS, great work on the dread, can't wait to see more!

Yeah. While narrative and fluffy story is the goal of the campaign (outside of getting folks to paint), you cannot change the win at all costs attitude for people, something that will eventually creep in. I have wide spectrum of players - I have SW player who is hell-bent on helping the people of Stehmahr from any oppression, Imperial or non-Imperial. But likewise, I had 3 separate discussions over the 750 point lists for first games and some people just couldn't get through their skulls that Guilliman / Morty / Baneblade are not cool toys to bring to such games and after quite long discussions I simply had to put in a hard rule that this :cuss can take at most 25% of your army points. A thing I have never thought will occur, yet, 3 out of 14 people came with it. The Guard player was thickest though, since not being allowed a Baneblade for 750 points, he came with artillery list spread over 3 detachments for more CPs. Needles to say I shut that down as well. Gaming, I believe, will regulate itself, somehow. If you put up strong list, I think people will be less willing to play you. And since playing is the optional part, I am not that concerned.

With that being said, I can see how providing advantage would skew the thinking of some/many players towards finding excuse to get that benefit, which is what I do not want to do. I really want their support to be based on the fluff of their army and their army goals and morals. At the same time, I want this to be fun and open event, not restricted rulebook with me as a policeman. That's not fun for me and I would say not fun for majority of sensible players. 

My current way of thinking and mulling this over revolves around these points:

1. Keep the "Stratagem shenanigans" as suprise and observe. The thinking behind this is, that I avoid some people calculating with getting benefits ahead of time, ie multiple players piling their points into 1 faction to boost it to full power as soon as possible to reap rewards, despite it making no sense for their army
  2. Following point 1, use Stratagems as sort of checks and balances trump. If I see faction pulling ahead dangerously - offfering incentive to players to play against that faction with supportive benefits; this would have the logic, as I said before, for example increased pirate activity in their valiant last push against the tyranny; trade guild supporting anti-government ops in order to get some room for getting off the planet etc. 
  3. Practical application and petty rivalries. One factor to consider is, if 2 players meet at the gaming table and both want to pledge the win point for a faction to get their benefit. It does not really make sense, the way the story is set-up, to actually pit two such armies against each other... or does it? If it's 2 imperial armies working for the same NPC faction, then most likely not. If it were Chaos vs Space Marines, then those would duke it out regardless if they are paid from the same pocket. So, in the former case - a coin toss who gets the benefit and the other then would be opposing force?
  4. I may be overthinking all of this. Game win gives you at best one capture field for the map, on average I guess it will be 100/50 points per game. Based on increasing the map size (player count recalculation, original scheme was planned for ca 6 players), at least 3 capture points (600 game/painting points) are needed to secure region and pledge it to faction... so the gaming might not be as influential as I fear. Likewise, I can maybe limit the game eligibility to 1-2 per month?

My final conclusion on the above points is... undecisive. Currently I am quite content sitting on my ass, watching what will happen and using these tools to campaign's advantage. Likewise, it will take until about round 3 of the campaign until we get into such state where this needs to be considered.

Anyways, as you can see, I devote quite a lot of time to this mental excercise, so I am more than happy to have someone else engage me on this and maybe find a scope I have not yet considered.

Ouch - sounds like you can lead a player to Stehmahr but you can't make him drink!

I think point 1 is a good one. It could come back to bite you, but you could even make the benefits random from a table. OR, have a random table of benefits before a game, and your faction influence gives you a reroll on the table or the ability to increase or decrease your roll by 1 or something. Like I say, could work, could fall apart horribly.

I'm drawn to point 2, but I think equally you will want to make sure it doesn't become a 'safety net' - my sense is that you want the bonuses to reward strategy and drive the narrative, rather than propping up the underdog.

To that end, I think point 4 will get you the closest to where you want to be - playing games and winning games is part of the strategy, but it's not the whole war (narratively, I guess it's like the painting side of your campaign represents all the logistics, supply lines etc and 'behind the scenes' aspects that are crucial to winning a war).

Apart from that, I think waiting and watching is a good plan. It's hard because you want your campaign to succeed, but you can also treat it as a learning process so that your next campaign will be even bigger and better. Regardless, make sure you keep us updated on how things progress

Ouch - sounds like you can lead a player to Stehmahr but you can't make him drink!

I think point 1 is a good one. It could come back to bite you, but you could even make the benefits random from a table. OR, have a random table of benefits before a game, and your faction influence gives you a reroll on the table or the ability to increase or decrease your roll by 1 or something. Like I say, could work, could fall apart horribly.

I'm drawn to point 2, but I think equally you will want to make sure it doesn't become a 'safety net' - my sense is that you want the bonuses to reward strategy and drive the narrative, rather than propping up the underdog.

To that end, I think point 4 will get you the closest to where you want to be - playing games and winning games is part of the strategy, but it's not the whole war (narratively, I guess it's like the painting side of your campaign represents all the logistics, supply lines etc and 'behind the scenes' aspects that are crucial to winning a war).

Apart from that, I think waiting and watching is a good plan. It's hard because you want your campaign to succeed, but you can also treat it as a learning process so that your next campaign will be even bigger and better. Regardless, make sure you keep us updated on how things progress

Yes, you can lead a player to Stehmahr, but you can't make him drink is quite correct. The worst thing about this is, that if you have 10 timid players enjoying the narrative et all, the 3 "rotten apples" have the chance to completely ruin the whole basket. Just the rule of the vocal forceful minority.

The "safety net" has been maybe a bit overstated in my post - I do intend to release some stratagems/changes to campaign later on. It's more about playing my cards close to the chest for now, not letting anyone in on it so if the whole thing does spiral downward, I can pull the emergency break and play the Stratagem/Boost cards not as life-savers, to quote one classical Terran film-pict: 

He's the hero Stehmahr deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A campaign organizer.

I am actually quite content with watching it play and develop. First painting submissions are now being finished, so the whole machinery of war and influence (and campaign mechanics) are not being played out live. Still very much cat-herding stage, but I think I have to wait and see it grow until end of March (R1 of gaming finished, R2 of painting finished) to see how many drop-outs, what is the gaming activity etc before pulling the trigger and commiting.

Thanks for the supportive words anyways! And if you feel like doing my work for me, feel free to brainstorm Stratagems. 

For the purpose of this thread though, I think further discussion and polemics should either be taken into PMs, or I will ask mode to maybe split this into separate thread.

Thanks for the supportive words anyways! And if you feel like doing my work for me, feel free to brainstorm Stratagems. 

For the purpose of this thread though, I think further discussion and polemics should either be taken into PMs, or I will ask mode to maybe split this into separate thread.

No problems - if I think of anything I'll flick you a PM

You crazy bugger, seems like you're going all out.

The kit deserves it to be honest and while I made many "new year hobby commitments" as to how much will I paint and complete, I made it my personal aspiration to push the hobby quality and techniques I am currently using to higher levels. 

As well, I learned that green stuff sculpting is actually not that hard! Surprise surprise. So yeah, this will be the first project to try scenic basing, detailed weathering. As soon as that is down, freehands! :D

You have definatley succeeded in pushing your techniques. The blending and shading is great. I am also looking forwards to seeing what you domwith the base.

Well done for pushing yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to 3 weeks worth of business trips (back to back) and the fact that after that we decided to start remodelling our appartment, I had 0 hobby progress over the past month - or at least any to speak about. However, as I cannot paint since my room is one of those undergoing the "Wave 2 Change" I at least got to break out the cleaning agents and a brush and started cleaning up the next big project...

OOUx8Ai.jpg

As well, while I hate the downtime, it seems that with the new furniture and all I should be able to fit a folding 6x4 into my room for Warhammer and DnD/Boardgaming. So yay!

• 2 months later...

Well, re-necroing my thread after 2 months absence from the hobby! :) Lagging behind on all projects, but soon I should get more pictures and progress done.

Of9FlgB.jpg

You've been busy. We've been dipping our toes in the Primaris pool, but you jumped right in :biggrin.:

Not as busy as I'd like. By this time I wanted to have painted 10 Hellblasters, 10 Intercessors and 10 Reivers more, with just Repulsor to go :) But I think time has come to slow down this Primaris nonsense. I will keep them just  as collection (1 unit of each) from now on and focus on the original task which is completing a Company of old marines (recently got the old plasma cannons from FW and some BoP boxes to build devastator squads). With introducing Alpha Legion to my table and Skaven for AoS, I think this will help me enjoy painting black more, as it's now doing my head in.

Archived