Iron Hands battlereps

Bmseifer

Ok, just got home after the game vs Eldar.

Game was 1750pts, I used the list above and mission was Deadlock.

His list was:

Eldrad, in a unit of:

5 Wraithguards with axe and shield

1 Farseer, in a unit of

3 Windrunners

2 squads of 4 Windrunner+warlock

6 Warp spiders + exarch

9 Striking Scorpions + exarch

2 Vypers with starcannons in a squadron

1 Fire Prism

1 Lynx.

I win the roll for deployment but he manages to seize:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/mperssonbmmseifer/20160718_170205_resized_zps23su42ke.jpg

Eldar Turn 1: The first turn is not as devastating as I feared. He doesn't have alot of targets and only thing I loose is 2 scouts and a crewman for the quad gun. His D-shot fizzles on my Land Raider. He does manage to score 5 objectives

Iron Hands Turn 1: I drop the Skyhammer and Centurions close to his lines, aiming to charge windriders with the assault marines and to try to kill his wraithguard. I split the grav/MM devastators, grav for the wraithguard and MM for the Lynx. I hit with one MM, he fails his 3+ jink save(night fighting) and I roll a 6 for damage. According to my opponent the Lynx is no longer a Super Heavy so it blows skyhigh giving me First blood. I manage to charge two windrider squads with my ASM and my centurions shoots air. Remind me not to try to shoot a 3+ cover save T6 unit with Fortune on. I get a few objectives.

There is not much to talk about the rest of the game. The fact that I managed to catch his windriders and tie them up in combat was huge. My centurions also had a glorious melee fight with his Striking Scorpions and actually won after a few rounds of combat with only one centurion lost.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/mperssonbmmseifer/20160718_185250_resized_zps3tehwbol.jpg

By the end of turn 5 he only had 3 models left on the table, Eldrad with 2 Wraithguards. They had Fortune every turn smile.png . We roll for game length and it ends. 10 - 7vps for objectives favouring me and also First Blood and Linebreaker to me, resulting in 12 - 7 win for the Iron Hands.

Also, remind me that bringing psykers versus Eldar is pretty bad idea. I didn't manifest a single power during the course of the game

• 2 weeks later...

Another day, another battle

Today I fought a 2000pt game against Eldar. Mission was Contact Lost. His list was something along the lines of:

Eldrad in a squad of 5 wraithblades

Farseer in a squad of 5 Dcannon wraithguards

4 Squads of 5 windriders with a warlock each

1 Warp hunter

1 Wraithknight with double d-cannons

2 Wraithlords with double brightlances and glaive

6 swooping hawks

My list was:

Cad

Chaplain

5 Scouts w Snipers

5 Tacs, Flamer, Imperial Marine, Rhino

Vindicator Laser Destroyer

Vindicator Laser Destroyer

Sicaran Battle Tank

CAD

Techmarine

5 Tacs, Meltagun, Drop Pod

5 Tacs, Meltagun, Drop Pod

Drop Pod

3 Centurion Devs w Grav Cannons

2 Quad Mortar Batteries

Oathsworn

Knight Warden w Stormspear Rockets, Meltagun

Air Superiority Detachment

Storm Talon Wing, 2 Storm Talons w Skyhammers

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/mperssonbmmseifer/20160728_193017_resized_zpsfo6lvizh.jpg

T1: I get first turn and decide to keep my cents in reserve. The Quad mortar open up fire on his wraithguard and kills them all, leaving the farseer by himself. I drop my 2 melta pods in his corner and force his Warp hunter to jink.

His turn 1 he fails to do much exept kill a few of my drop podded marines.

T2. I fail both reserve rolls and don't kill much really.

His turn 2 he blows my Knight skyhigh with a '6' D-shot

T3: My cents arrive and take their revenge on his wraithknight, killing it outright with a well aimed volley

After my third turn the game is decided. I control one half of the table while contesting the other half with my opponent. Worth noting is he assaults my cent squad with a wraithlord and they stay in combat for the remainder of the game. When it ends I still have one centurion locked in combat with one wound left. Hero of the day smile.png. On the other side of the table, my Techmarine is locked in combat with a windrider squad and fails to do a single wound for 5 whole assault phases.

Thoughts on the units:

Quad mortar - It can be a hit or miss unit but when it hits, it hits hard.

Laser Destroyers - I didn't face alot of vehicles but they were excellent wraithlord killers. Btw, can someone explain to me why I should ever take a Tri-las Predator instead of one of these beauties?

Warden - Did what it was supposed to, attract a lot of fire and area denial.

Cents - I skipped my regular libby since I was facing Eldar at 2k points. The vanilla chaplain didn't help at all since they got charged by a T8 unit and his first invul tank save failed.

Storm Talons - I love these, you can never have to many Assault Cannons imo.

Edit: The final score is 17-12 and an Iron Hands victory

Sounds like you set the victory up with a good first turn, well done on showing the xenos scum who's boss! My Techmarine tends to be hit or miss in combat too. Recently he's done well carving through Captains and more but he's whiffed badly just as much. Then there's that time a stormbolter shot him and he rolled two 1s... :P

Sounds like you set the victory up with a good first turn, well done on showing the xenos scum who's boss! My Techmarine tends to be hit or miss in combat too. Recently he's done well carving through Captains and more but he's whiffed badly just as much. Then there's that time a stormbolter shot him and he rolled two 1s... tongue.png

My intent with the techmarine was to stay back out of sight and repair tanks as he was my warlord. But when a windrider unit boosted into my deplyment to cap an objective he saw his chance for glory on the battlefield and assaulted them. But as I had kept him with no upgrades with only 2 attacks and a WS of 4 he had a hard time against his jetbikes. And I rolled 1's to wound for every succesful hit I got.

Btw, we felt that D weapons got a bit silly when he inflicted 11 unsaveable hull points on my Knight with one shot. We might tone it down a bit in the future and use the ITC tournament rules where a '6' on the D-chart inflict 3 wounds/hull points with no saves of any kind instead.

Archived