Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DBH Brigrade! 2k list

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

SnorriSnorrison

SnorriSnorrison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,072 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I could take the storm bolters off the preds, and swords off the sergeants which is 18 points combined. Substituting the lieutenant would give me the 85ish points I need for a jump pack priest.

The regular space marine bikers are a good option too. Melta, grav, or plasma are all solid options. Bikers are > Assault marines with the same load out by 2 fold in my opinion.

Yep, also possible! Many ways to skin a cat.

And yeah, many things changed in this edition for sure. Scoutbikers and bikers in general became a lot better than in the previous editions even with the loss of jink saves.
Bit of a shame about the RAS, actually. Used to be our bread-and-butter units, now mostly on the sidelines if at all.

Snorri

My 2nd Company Blood Angels
WE ARE BLOODIED, BLOODIED YET UNBOWED!

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,311 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard
Your list is a lot more shooty than choppy, other than the Guard who have a massive bullesye over their head.
I'd say you'd get more out of your preds and devs rerolls 1s to wound all game than than maybe getting to rez 1 guard before they die.

And DC do 2 things I've found DBH.
They aren't durable at all as you mentioned, the 6+++ is mostly a joke, though they hit pretty hard, but what they have in spades is *disruption*.

Forlorn Fury a squad up if you go first is absolutely insane most games.
My list runs 1 for that, kept cheap with chainswords and hand flamers, purely to gum up the works of my opponents plans and either kill a bunch of infantry screen, or tie up shooting units.
But that idea works because I also have ccw scout squads doing the same, along with aggressively moved scout and attack bikes, and a libby dread with wings, all putting pressure on the opponent and keeping him from getting out of his deployment zone.

The 2nd thing DC excel at is using Descent of Angels with Lemartes backing them up.
I run a unit of 8 with 3 hammers, rest chainswords and bolters.
Turn 2 they drop in and kill something very reliably, and try to tri lock something to avoid the return fire, while my smash captain usually also nukes something turn 2 after he spent turn 1 screened behind all the scouts and bikes.

So they can do a lot of work, but if you just try to jump them up the board they die way to easy.
They're basically a smash captain, but in unit form, a 1 and done missile

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,545 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators

My list runs 1 for that, kept cheap with chainswords and hand flamers, purely to gum up the works of my opponents plans and either kill a bunch of infantry screen, or tie up shooting units.
But that idea works because I also have ccw scout squads doing the same, along with aggressively moved scout and attack bikes, and a libby dread with wings, all putting pressure on the opponent and keeping him from getting out of his deployment zone.

Why the handflamers though? They are out of range after forlorn fury and it's not likely they either get charged or survive long enough to make use of them. Isn't that a bit of a points waste?

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,311 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard

Why the handflamers though? They are out of range after forlorn fury and it's not likely they either get charged or survive long enough to make use of them. Isn't that a bit of a points waste?

They aren't out of range?
Forlorn Fury let's them move before the game begins, and then you move them on your turn?
So you get to move 24"+d6 (since you can advance with the Fury move, and because it happens before the game, you don't suffer the penalties)

And then you get to shoot the flamers and then charge.

Your probably thinking of Descent of Angels, (roll 3d6 charge after deep strike)
which what the squad with bolters does.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users