Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homemade washes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Razblood

Razblood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,620 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels, White Stars, Flesh Tearers, The Void

Hey everyone,

Been meaning to do this for a while but only recently got the rest of the stuff I needed so here we go.

I've mede 12 washes today using a slightly modified version of the Les Bursley method (detailed here - http://thepaintingco...e-released.html)

There is also a Youtube video by the man himself (here - https://www.youtube....h?v=dEkMnP6p08I)

I used slightly different materials, but the results are much the same. Rather than Liquitex mediums I used Windsor & Newton Flow improver and W&N Galleria Matte Medium and I swapped out the W&N inks for Vallejo GC Inks (though I'd recommend the W&N ones as it's much more cost effective). I also used 20ml droppers rather than 1 oz. droppers.

Anyway heres a couple of pics of my results, one with flash and one without. All washes were straight from the bottle, 2 per model except for the metal test which has a 3rd wash on the bolter.

med_gallery_39897_5762_193186.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_839187.jpg

The six standard guys were washed over a VGC Dead White basecoat, the metal dude was old GW Chainmail.

I must say I didn't expect them to work as well as they have and will definitely be doing some experimenting to see how many shades I can get.

I'll be back again at some point with some further paint reviews as I am one set away from a complete Zombicide paint set and think that I should note my experience with using them as well as pros and cons compared to other ranges.

Later :tu:

• Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

QUOTE (Dark Brotherhood @ Apr 24 2009, 07:17 AM)
Taunt Marine found that thing you were looking for and cordially invites you to come and retrieve it. It is a can. He may even open it for you.

gallery_29004_6198_6366.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pngETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users