Battlefleet Gothic Armada

Jolemai

Woo! I got my strike cruiser, onward to my very own battlebarge! IMO the light cruiser is better off with torpedoes that can be upgraded to homing assault torpedoes rather than a fixed 90' arc light bombardment cannon. The strike cruiser and BB's bombardment cannons are on a 270' arc, very nice. All line ships have thunderhawks and they are harder to shoot down, this can be stacked with the squadron officer crew member.  

Favors have been replaced with 4 unique crew members that you can level up, but you can only have one of each. The librarian has an ability to cause an enemy ship to warp out, one officer makes your ship immune to lightning strikes/assault action temporarily, Master of the forge gives an upgrade slot per skill level, and chapter master makes everything a little better. 

Overall: HP is lower, shields are lower, range is short; this means probes, extra shields, and shield transfer are all recommended. The armor is high, ships are fast, thunderhawks are just better as dual assault boats/fighters or dual purpose fighter/bomber after upgrade.

The Space Marine fleet is the very definition of blockade runner. Its so satisfying to smash your formation of cruisers into an enemy fleet and board everything in sight.

Just found this game, and was expecting it to be something similar to a Battlefleet Gothic version of Dawn of War - sharing the themes and units of the miniatures game, but still a different experience.

I was pleasantly surprised. Just finished the campaign, and everything I loved about BFG is in here (and more!).

I must say, I'm certainly loving the Imperial Navy favor - sure, the others are great, but free ships is always a good thing - especially when they're Cobras with short-burn torps.

Woo, got my battlebarge last night. I'm going to try to kit it out for bombardment cannon combat along side it's boarding torps and thunderhawk bombers. I'll let you guys know how it handles master gunner, Targeting matrix, and "Lock On" order focus. Got to save points and level it up for the Master of the Forge now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, looking for other players to join as a friend in BFG:A if anyone is interested.

I have my Battle Barge, a good number of smaller ships, and I am getting pretty decent at Cruiser Clash; the problem is how to get better at the more defensive missions for me.

As it is, karack_blackstone on Steam is looking for someone to join in slaying the foes of Mankind!

I got an email from Steam tonight telling me that, seeing as the game was on my wish list... it's 33% off until the 18th of the month.

So I bought both the game and the Space Marines DLC for somewhere around $33 US.

Now I can totally get my Navy battles fix in until my RPG group capitulates and lets me run a game of Rogue Trader.

Ha!

Archived