Blood Angels third party bits database

Jolemai

Icons you say. Colour me interested, have you said he can put them up for general sale? I'm always looking for additional decorative bits.

I've just found these boarding shields on a Shapeways store I bought a set of obscure chapter pads from for my Deathwatch

http://www.shapeways.com/product/K45W7PBYD/10x-blank-marine-boarding-shield-1?li=shop-results&optionId=59328407

You can also get them with hands attached and there's a range of legion/chapter specific designs. No BA ones yet, but watch this space as the creator seems to be adding a lot of stuff lately.

It's worth checking out the shop as there's a shed load of cool generic pads as well as BA specific ones in most marks and ones for BA successors like Flesh Tearers, Blood Drinkers and Carmine Blades.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/popbits

Thats his Shop in the Links above. matt_sweitzer also wants to join the B&C, but Registration is closed :sad.:

Edited by The4thHorseman

On mobile, but hopefully this will help:

So you aren't seeing this on the registration page?

GREETINGS!

Welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword.

Please make sure that you have read and understand all the Forum Rules before you complete the registration process.

You can find the forum rules here:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=22

We also strongly recommend you check out the B&C101 section, which is a quick start guide for how most of the common functions work on the B&C:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showforum=95

PLEASE NOTE:

We've temporarily shut off new registrations after a large spammer attack last week. If you would like to have an account manually created please contact BOLTERADMIN@GMAIL.COM for more details.

Other than that, welcome aboard and enjoy your time here!

-- The B&C Staff

Icons you say. Colour me interested, have you said he can put them up for general sale? I'm always looking for additional decorative bits.

I've just found these boarding shields on a Shapeways store I bought a set of obscure chapter pads from for my Deathwatch

http://www.shapeways.com/product/K45W7PBYD/10x-blank-marine-boarding-shield-1?li=shop-results&optionId=59328407

You can also get them with hands attached and there's a range of legion/chapter specific designs. No BA ones yet, but watch this space as the creator seems to be adding a lot of stuff lately.

It's worth checking out the shop as there's a shed load of cool generic pads as well as BA specific ones in most marks and ones for BA successors like Flesh Tearers, Blood Drinkers and Carmine Blades.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/popbits

Thats his Shop in the Links above. matt_sweitzer also wants to join the B&C, but Registration is closed :sad.:

Blimey, those weren't there when I found the boarding shields (and a couple more of those have been added too). He's certainly on a roll at the moment.

For people who don't glue their riders to bikes: These are great for making additional bike characters, since arms and torsos are usually in abundance at home. Can make some priests, libbys or other things easily replaceable.

http://bitsofwar.com/home/311-legionary-biker-legs.html

Grav guns:

http://bitsofwar.com/home/161-gravity-distorters.html

Running legs for assault marines

http://bitsofwar.com/home/61-space-legionary-running-legs.html

Edited by Remtek

gallery_4171_7974_314633.jpg

Just wanted to Post the Order I just got in from the same Shapeways Shop that makes all the Different Shoulder Pads.

This was Vehicle Pack. Overall really Impressed with the detail that you can get from Shapeways. This was the only detail level available for this pack Frosted Ultra Detail, the Shoulder Pads had an even finer detail option, which I chose, the Frosted Extreme Detail. So while there are small barely visible lines from the 3d printer I don't think it will be much of a problem once paint is applied, and the shoulder pads should have no problem at all.

I wish there were more of the large Icons, like for Drop Pods and Big Tank areas, the smaller ones I guess I could use for Bikes and Speeders and Rapiers. I may have Matt make a pack which is Just Large ones, idk yet.

Edited by The4thHorseman

• 2 weeks later...

I know Anvil already has several mentions but these are great for Scout head replacements if using cloaks: http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Heads-helmets-crests/Hooded-Heads

As I said in the other thread you do need to shave a tiny bit of neck off to make them look right though but it's easy to do.

My Custom RT Blood Angels Shoulder Pads arrived today. They're from the same shop as the Icon Pack I previewed Earlier. They are EXACTLY the SAME SIZE and SHAPE as GW or FW ones. I ordered the Mk. 4 and Mk. 3 Style. Using the Highest Detail Material, there are Zero lines. Be warned though, it takes like 2 weeks from when you order. They are Primed in my Pics, they come the same semi Translucent Material as the Icon Pack.

gallery_4171_7974_67289.jpg

gallery_4171_7974_112623.jpg

Edited by The4thHorseman

On this note - does anyone know if there is a site that does replica MKIV jump packs / Sanguinary Guard jump packs? I really don't feel like paying 3 pound a pack from Bitzbox. Edited by SM1981

Ebay really is your friend for the jumppacks. But even then, the deals are dependent on your quick fingers. I've seen them as cheap as $15 for 5, saved it til I could get home and them be sold by that time.

<p>

New today (and I literally mean new as in just released):

Thats pretty poor value considering how cheaply you can have the BA HF/HB bitz including the backpack..

Scratch that the price is for a pack of three. Four would have been more on the mark imo but its actually still fair value.

Edited by appiah5

Any time I want a bit for a conversion I will buy the box it comes from. Bits retailers are way too expensive when you consider how much it actually costs per piece of plastic and the SG box specifically gives us an absolute ton of workable pieces for character conversions. $15 for 5 jump packs?! That's almost half the cost of the box. Not a deal. Edited by NTaW

Yeah I was thinking about this earlier, we are in a very lucky position with out kits at the moment. Especially the 5th Edition ones [DC & SG]

They are both rather cheap at £20.50, or as low as £15.38 at the likes of Dark Sphere, come with an absolute TONNE of bits and can be hoarded away or even sold online ourselves to make money back.

Even the dread at £28 or so before discount isn't bad as with just a couple of cheap dreads on eBay you can convert a load.

Exterminatus also made a lot of cheap DC and Dreads float about on the internet for a while. If it wasn't the god-awful Generic terminators in that box I would've bought 2 or 3 on release.

Any time I want a bit for a conversion I will buy the box it comes from. Bits retailers are way too expensive when you consider how much it actually costs per piece of plastic and the SG box specifically gives us an absolute ton of workable pieces for character conversions. $15 for 5 jump packs?! That's almost half the cost of the box. Not a deal.

Depends what you want, though doesn't it? The SG bits are nice, but for me, personally, I use very few of them outside of HQs and don't want endless extras sitting around cluttering the place up, so I'm prepared to pay a little bit more just to get the parts I want rather than buy a second box the bulk of which will sit around unused. SG heads are something in particular that I will not use and like most marine players I've already got a plethora of heas that are probably destined to be base decoration, don't need more. I also can't be bothered with the faff of xselling on extras, I have precious little hobby time as it is, don't need to eat into that with photographing everything and putting it on ebay, acquiring jiffy bags and envelopes to post it out with and then trips to the (very distant) post office to send it on.

Everyone's circumstances are different, though, so ymmv.

EBay can be very tiresome, I agree, but having money instead of time still doesn't make it a good deal to buy $2-3 in plastic for $15. Are there maybe local gaming groups instead of online interactions that you could organize bitz swaps or sales within? You could do the swaps on days you're there to game and further economise your hobby.

Sorry to digress further from the topic of 3rd party bits, I'm only responding due to a direct quote. Feel free to delete if necessary oh wise and powerful moderators. :smile.:

Edited by NTaW

On this note - does anyone know if there is a site that does replica MKIV jump packs / Sanguinary Guard jump packs? I really don't feel like paying 3 pound a pack from Bitzbox.

This is an okay and inexpensive alternative. I don't understand why they paint them like Fish Tank ornaments though, the colours are really offputting!

Spell Crow Space Knights Jump Packs (ver. 2)

Edited by Charlo