Blood Angels third party bits database

Jolemai

Wonder if painting him gold and adding a column would make for a good terrain/shrine to mephiston? Larger than life statue.

Ed: never mind - he’s a bit too expensive a model for scenery.

Edited by Ekfud

Good point Charlo! Imagine what would he look like without the armor - a withered corpse the size of a primarch. (To be honest, this can be said about all the Space Marine figure range).
Would require some GS work to beef him up on the sides. Definitely doable, but his size is another matter iven if we cut his legs down a bit around the wais, the big head would become disproportionate.

The fluff does say his geneseed reawakened, and he is described as being quite tall IIRC.  I always assumed that he was actually larger and physically superior to other space marines, at least other Blood Angels anyways.  I do agree that this model is too tall though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small add on but might be worth sharing...

I messaged Plokoone via shapeways about BA drops on shoulder pads - for 5th co I’ve been using some select DC shoulders with a ‘ridge’ around the blood drop. That means for 5th co sergeants I can keep a black-on-black colour and use a gold or silver edge to help define the shape.

He has been nice enough to modify the drop design he had previously loaded to include an edge - link below.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UY6T6YJVA/blood-drop-with-trim-shoulder-icons-x50?optionId=69472679

While it’s mainly for the black drop - could also be useful on other battle company colours to designate veteran or honour status.

Funnily enough I was just on Shapeways checking a store I've used before for Shoulder pad icons and they've added a bunch more stuff

They're Red Angels & Successors section has 85 items:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/martilloycola?section=Red+%C3%81ngeles+%28and+successors%29&s=0

These are some of the new things
710x528_24814164_13549117_1536589640.jpg
710x528_24722039_13511384_1535894006.jpg
710x528_24814161_13549118_1536589314.jpg

*edited to add link*

Edited by sockwithaticket

Yeah I totally forgot to check and noticed he got some Knights of Blood shoulder icons now so I finally ordered 50. That should be enough for a while and lets me still use the original Primaris shoulder pads (hopefully). :D

Funnily enough I was just on Shapeways checking a store I've used before for Shoulder pad icons and they've added a bunch more stuff

They're Red Angels & Successors section has 85 items:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/martilloycola?section=Red+%C3%81ngeles+%28and+successors%29&s=0

These are some of the new things

710x528_24814164_13549117_1536589640.jpg

710x528_24722039_13511384_1535894006.jpg

710x528_24814161_13549118_1536589314.jpg

*edited to add link*

Those boarding shields look great.

Does anyone know if the are left or right handed? I'm assuming left but thought it worth asking in case there's a purchaser here who knows for sure.

Not sure that is a storm shield... think it's a veteran icon + drop to go on shoulder pads. 

Even though BA don't really use the codex unit markings (tactical arrow, etc) there are some sets of those for each squad type on shapeways. 

I feel like the boarding shields are great but could have been embellished a bit more. A bit more filigree but not too much. Damn decent but nothing a bit of kitbashing wouldn't have solved.

Same for the storm shield but what they have is definitely nice.