REF - Fleet Organisation

MikhalLeNoir

Sangi is right. Though nothing is written in stone, I found the following results of the discussion:

- Nightguard receives the Photep

-the Drowned received the Hrafnkel

- Dune Serpents might get the Terminus Est

- Grave Stalkers don't have a Gloriana

- believe that the Void Eagles were destined to get the one of the Grave Stalker

- Crimson Lions got several Eternal Crusader ish ships

- Daer'dd invented the Phaeton class, a smaller version of a Gloriana for transport etc.

- we don't have something like the Phalanx

- canon says that there were only 20 Glorianas and the AL got a second one because of the usage of the Phalanx by the Fists

Therefore, I would like to stick with only 20 Glorianas. Imho I don't care who received the second Gloriana. But the Drowned having three is something which could bother me. They loose the Hrafnkel during Terra but the rest?

So the Drowned are something like a fleet based Legion? Didn't knew of that.

Phaeton class??? I don't remember that, the Scions have Phaetons but those are storm eagles. We did inovent the Leviathan class, which I'm open to anyone having one.

And the Dragon is close to the Phalanx as it's more than double a Gloriana as and has vast fire power. Ohh and Bears do have a Gloriana the "Iron Wrath" but we have 23 systems to watch and a number of vassal States, plus if the Bears are called in, in combat, it's break things. And blockades need breaking too.

Hesh I'm fine with you having two Gloriana, why not make the third a unique relic?

Edited by Chief Captain Redd

@Hesh: It is not about power, it is about lore and we decided that only 20 were built. And your statement that the drowned habe only styx to draw from and no fiefdoms. Well as mentioned before other legions habe the same prob and don't need more glorianas. If so we soon have 1000 of glorianas out there cuz why shouldn't everyone have more? Who needs established lore if we can bend it/ alter it? If the emperor was able to create 20, maybe he can make 40? 100? 1000?

Isn't it the same with not going overboard with our legion rules? Keep all believable? So as far as not another frater steps back, you have to think of something else. Maybe a ship constructed by the abyssii which is close in size?

@Hesh: It is not about power, it is about lore and we decided that only 20 were built. And your statement that the drowned habe only styx to draw from and no fiefdoms. Well as mentioned before other legions habe the same prob and don't need more glorianas. If so we soon have 1000 of glorianas out there cuz why shouldn't everyone have more? Who needs established lore if we can bend it/ alter it? If the emperor was able to create 20, maybe he can make 40? 100? 1000?

Isn't it the same with not going overboard with our legion rules? Keep all believable? So as far as not another frater steps back, you have to think of something else. Maybe a ship constructed by the abyssii which is close in size?

If all of the Gloriana's were presented to the Emperor's Sons, with a gift of one, then there are 20. But the Alpha Legion have two, and there is the issue of the Amphion, which isn't allocated to any Legion, but was present to Blackshield forces during Xana Campaign.

So that leaves us with 22. And no, other legions do not "just" have their homeworld, as they create recruiting pools from whatever worlds they conquer. Where others leave Fortress Monasteries, or detachments, the Drowned do not. As if to reinforce the idea of sealife like Sharks, which need to be in constantly moving water, or always on the move.

And you're questioning the established fluff, when we're writing a homebrew setting? 

It amuses me as well that I can't have a second Gloriana, but I can have a ship which is exactly the same, but not called a Gloriana. Or I can have an Abyss Class. Or I can have the Phalanx. But not another Gloriana?

Look; the Alpha Legion have two Gloriana, the Alpha and the Beta. The Drowned have two Gloriana. Following Prospero, Morro initiates the claim to Salvage the war materiel, which gives them the Hrafnkel.

It's not changing.

I have no issues with the Drowned having two Glorianas, though I understood that the Hrafnkel was the second. I'm curious why you keep saving salvaged. The Hrafnkel, along with its human crew, was completely intact after the cataclysm, since it was in orbit and above Magnus' warp-nuke detonation. 

Also, I'm not sure if the Beta is a 22nd Gloriana or just one of the lost legion's Gloriana given to the Alpha Legion. 

Since I've actually stepped into the topic, can I have a reminder? What's the Dragon and the Leviathan class?

@Hesh no one has an issue with you having two Glorianas, but you had listed three. If you really want three I'll support it if there is a good story around it.

@Simi The Dragon is Daer'dd's masterpiece built to conquer the Three Fires, it's our verse's BIG ship, sort of a Phalanx parallel; we talked about it awhile ago.

And Leviathan class ships are just Emperor/Grand Cruiser type ships built in Daer'dd/Demiurge shipyards. They have large blunt prows like AdMech ships and heavier armor hense the name. Because they look like sperm whales.

Blunt nailed it, by the time Daer'dd arrived Huron wasn't that far off from Terra technologically, but once he arrived and conquered Huron herself, he was able to advance much technology tenfold often spending months awake working to better whatever he could. He quickly built relations with Demiurge clans as they controlled two forge moons that orbited Huron. It took him years to finish The Dragon of Autumn but he did it knowing assaulting a fortress planet like Accer Ferris would be suicide without. He probably would have made the Three Fires a larger empire but the warp was tumultuous at best in the area until a few months before the Emperor's arrival.

Or the shattered world of the Predators.

A sister planet of Mardum, it was shattered by an unknown force. Since then, the modern thinking brothers and sisters of the Mardumian colonists have settled in between the remaining asteroid field. There, they have build cities, forges and the like and established a society of efficiency and progress.

After being annexed by the Imperium, the clans of the shattered world (also known as: Abassi) were reassigned to serve the XXth Legion.

They are comparable with Deliverance and Kiavahr.

Edited by Kelborn

@Hesh:

The Wardens of Light have no fiefdoms. They don't keep monasteries. Why are you so keen on having 3? If you want to be space based. Steal an ark from the abyssii. We had the discussion before and the community settled on one per legion and the drowned get 2. Why fighting?

Look: yes the eagle warriors have one gloriana and one that is a tad smaller, but faster. But please, two gloriana's is alot already. This discussion here worries me a tiny bit being the chaplain around here. So please, consider it

Yeah, I'm actually fine with the 3 Gloriannas but, hey, if he cant have a third then I propose:

"Striving to remain out Imperial scrutiny as Morro delved deeper and deeper into the gifts that Rakarth could provide himself and his sons, he took more and more to exploring the far flung sectors of the galaxy remaining out of contact for decades at a time as he and his sons explored the edges of the Great Black Expanse."

"Out there in the vast nothingness of space, the Drowned came across a multitude of extant xenos and human colonies either on exoplanets, artificial colonies or the rare solar system. While a few of the Human colonies provided a replenishment to their numbers, it was the xenos who held the greatest interest for the reclusive Primarch and his Dark Eldar associate."

"However, that is not all they found. Here in the far reaches of the galaxy, the Drowned found many a cache of Dark Age technology which had been spared from the ravages of old night by writ of their distance from the galactic core."

"One such treasure was a ship. Wholly like nothing ever previously encountered, was a sight to behold, its size easily rivaling that of the Glorianna Class ships within the fleet and in surprisingly good condition. While there were signs of conflict aboard the mighty vessel, it lacked any signs of having been boarded. A mutiny of sorts was the only explanation though they found no traces of those who had previously occupied the vessel, this lack attributed to the wear and tear of aeons."

"Wanting to make use of this vessel to bolster his fleet, Morro quickly made way for the bridge to fully ascertain its condition. Much to his and the Mechanicum envoys delight, apart from a singular critical hull breach on the aft of the starboard side caused by an implosion, the ship was very much in a functional state; it only needed its atmosphere replenished, the breach sealed and its primary reactor core reignited."

"Quickly, they set about their duties in bringing the ship back into service. It took no small amount of time and not wanting to slow his progress down in the name of the crusade, Morro ordained that the vessel be towed alongside the rest of the fleet once its Geller Fields were operational. Such as it were, the ship was soon crewed by multitudes of slaves from defeated cultures who refused the Imperial Truth and compliance."

"Luck would have it that the vessel's repairs were completed shortly before the Drowned were required to sojurn back to known space for a resupply. Wanting to personally put the vessel through its paces on their return trip, Morro took a seat at the command throne and commenced the launch sequence. Records indicate that a single line of text, read aloud by the ships artifical voice cogitator, drowned the whole bridge in crushing silence before preparations continued. It is unknown what was truly said but that it was along the lines of 'Eclipse-Class Cruiser Online.'"

Or something like that, I dunno.

The thing is:

When Sigi mentioned that each of his clans gets a (don't know anymore what type of ship, but it was huge), most of us were against it. We discussed it and found a solution that pleased everyone.

Granting Hesh three Glorianas would be unfair to Sigi.

And for the record: The Predators don't have garrisons as well. They just got their homeworld of Mardum (left in its state of rivaling tribes) and the shattered world known as Abassi. That's 1 1/2 planets to draw recruits from. And they just have their single Gloriana und  at least one or MAYBE (haven't decided until now) of Redds Leviathans. Rest consists of the regular stuff, battle barges, strike cruiser, imperial cruiser like the Avenger class and so on.

There were some practical differences; some of the Clans were of such a small size that it'd actually be counterproductive to give them a big big ship. For my own part, thematically it seems fitting for them to capture and appropriate more ships than their peers. Paying the adamantium price and all that Edited by bluntblade